NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Twin Mirror (PS4/XBO/PC)

Sam, a 33-year old man recovering from a recent break-up, returns to his hometown Basswood, West Virginia, for the funeral of his best friend. Understandably depressed and bitter, he feels completely out of sorts and out of place… But when he wakes up in his hotel room with a bloody shirt and no memory of his whereabouts the previous night, he embarks on a twisted investigation to find the truth.

Developed by Bandai Namco and Dontnod.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2

Looks and sounds interesting. Getting some Alan Wake/Deadly Premonition vibes so it's got me interested. Looking forward to seeing more about how it all plays and whether or not it shares similar mechanics with Vampyr for the relationship aspect of the game. Seeing complaints it looks like a PS3 game but there's likely more than 12 months to go so plenty of time to straighten things out in that department. I don't think it looks bad myself but could definitely use a bit more polish, though that's a sentiment you could level at all of Dontnod's games really.

It looks a little bland and generic tbh, maybe the weird dream sequences make up for it but otherwise seems like a AA title.

9 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

Looks and sounds interesting. Getting some Alan Wake/Deadly Premonition vibes so it's got me interested. Looking forward to seeing more about how it all plays and whether or not it shares similar mechanics with Vampyr for the relationship aspect of the game. Seeing complaints it looks like a PS3 game but there's likely more than 12 months to go so plenty of time to straighten things out in that department. I don't think it looks bad myself but could definitely use a bit more polish, though that's a sentiment you could level at all of Dontnod's games really.

People are fucking dumb though. I’ve seen plenty of “looks like a Xbox/ps2 game” complaints leveled at games that are vastly beyond, but they don’t reach the AAA first party level of fidelity. 

People lose sight of the previous generations limitations sometimes. 

Interesting, seems they've opted for an episodic structure to this rather than go along the lines of the likes of Vampyr and Remember Me. Wonder if the complaints with regards to the former have prompted this as I do feel that Vampyr would've worked better as an episodic game as there would be less trudging about in between story moments and side missions.

Still very interested in seeing more of what the game is. Like LiS2, they're not giving a huge amount away with the trailers so hopefully Gamescom will allow some hands on time to get a busy of what it actually plays like and what the gameplay style is.

Trailer from the other day:

Sam Higgs was done with Basswood, West Virginia, but it seems it wasn’t done with him. Discover the new teaser for Twin Mirror, developed by DONTNOD Entertainment. Coming Soon on Playstation 4, Xbox One & Epic Games Store.

Edited by Julius

Sign in to follow this