NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Paladins

Just had another couple of games and won both matches. Myself and the randoms just funneled the opposition into a narrow corridor. Not once did they think to try and flank us.  
Apparently you only play against bots until level 5.

2 minutes ago, bob said:
15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:
Just had another couple of games and won both matches. Myself and the randoms just funneled the opposition into a narrow corridor. Not once did they think to try and flank us. emoji3.png 

Apparently you only play against bots until level 5.

That explains why I kept winning then. :D 

• Like 1

Aaaaand Paladins has been deleted from my Switch. The insane loading and countdown timers are a dealbreaker.

If they ever manage to speed things up I might return to it. But yeah, really not sure why there has to be an entire minute just to choose a character, followed by a few more seconds to “customise it” (which for most people means do nothing :heh:) and then yet another timer before battle, purely for faffing about/wasting even more time. ::shrug: 

The whole thing is in need of some serious streamlining! It makes the unskipable intro and lobby system of Splatoon 2 look lightning fast. :laughing: 

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Aaaaand Paladins has been deleted from my Switch. The insane loading and countdown timers are a dealbreaker.

If they ever manage to speed things up I might return to it. But yeah, really not sure why there has to be an entire minute just to choose a character, followed by a few more seconds to “customise it” (which for most people means do nothing :heh:) and then yet another timer before battle, purely for faffing about/wasting even more time. ::shrug: 

The whole thing is in need of some serious streamlining! It makes the unskipable intro and lobby system of Splatoon 2 look lightning fast. :laughing: 

Yup. I've done the same.

I had a couple of games once I got in from work and I agree that there's far too much waiting around before the game starts. I had the same issue when I played Overwatch.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. I've done the same.

I had a couple of games once I got in from work and I agree that there's far too much waiting around before the game starts.

Suuuuure.

It was probably because you reached level 5 and stopped winning :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Suuuuure.

It was probably because you reached level 5 and stopped winning :p 

You're on to me!

Nah, I was still level 3.

I guess the hero shooter genre just isn't for me. I much prefer something simple like CoD, at least when the do actually keep it simple.

• Like 1

Tried to play tonight, got 3x player disconnect after the loading screen. Gave up, went to play Fortnite instead. I'll try again tomorrow.

While I agree the preparation time overall should me vastly reduced (especially the waiting time before rounds, that should be 10 seconds max), people need some time to select characters, especially when you want a balanced team. 

Anyway I'm enjoying it, so I'll keep playing it.

• Like 1

What they should do is follow the League of Legends way. Give max 1 minute for character selection, but be able to lock in. If everyone locks in his/her character the game starts.

Still wasn't able to play a game though! Keep getting the player disconnected note. And my connection is okay as I played both Fortnite and Mario Kart online yesterday without any problems. I'll Google around today and otherwise reinstall the game to see if that helps.

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I had the same issue when I played Overwatch.

Funnily enough I don’t remember it bothering me so much on Overwatch, not played it in ages though. :blank: In fact I should probably get rid of my copy seeing as it’s useless without a PS+ subscription. :rolleyes:

Some great matches last night @Sméagol, especially that one game we played double support they had no chance. I've not played much of frontline and flank champions which is why you saw me go for the damage and supports. :hehe:

I see what you guys mean about the waiting kinda breaks the flow but the game is really fun once you get into a match. 

• Like 1

Yeah some great sessions the last few times. By the way, I don't know how it looks from your end, but if I'm gone or idle or something, my game has likely crashed. Twice I was able to reconnect, apparently the game attempts to do so if you start it up right away, but the second time I was only just in time to see the result screen. Anyway, I assume you went for the battle pass? I personally went for the characters unlock.

@Nintendo Fan
@dazzybee
@Anyone else

Up for some games tonight after the MK league?

Edited by Sméagol

If you go on quickly after MK League (say 8:45 UK) I can also join for a couple of games. Would be nice to play with some familiar people!

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1

I couldn't tell if you crashed / dc because an AI takes over. But yeah if you manage to reconnect quickly the game will put you back into the same match. Yep I went with the battle pass for the rewards and skins, some look really nice. I'm close to getting the dragoncaller skin for Cassie, I'm about 4 levels away. I didn't know this before but playing in a party grants you 10% more exp and gold.

I'm down for some games. I'll use my group exp boosters on our matches. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

If you go on quickly after MK League (say 8:45 UK) I can also join for a couple of games. Would be nice to play with some familiar people!

33 minutes ago, Nintendo Fan said:

I'm down for some games. I'll use my group exp boosters on our matches. :D

As Nintendo Fan is doing the MK league, I'm going to say 21:00 / UK 22:00 CEST.

If @Nintendo Fan needs more time we'll go ahead, and I'll try to add you to the party after each game. Edit: Ah I see you're both doing the league.

Edited by Sméagol

Forgot I have to get up bleeding early tomorrow for work, so will only be on for a round or 2.

• Sad 1

Nice, I get on, and you're both already in a match. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sméagol

Excuse me, guys. Does this game come with crossplay Switch-PC? If the answer is positive, then I would be delighted to join you next time and let the salt be spread across the world.

3 minutes ago, Gourmet / Esperpento said:

Excuse me, guys. Does this game come with crossplay Switch-PC? If the answer is positive, then I would be delighted to join you next time and let the salt be spread across the world.

Apparently not. Only with Xbox it seems, wasn't even aware of that.

I think they said it would be a possibility during the developers reddit ama and linking accounts. 

Yeah there's bug with one of Furia's abilities so they've disabled her on all platforms. 

Have you tried Koga yet? He seems sooo strong and has crazy movement options. Low hp but really deadly.

Edited by Nintendo Fan

No. For some reason I haven't, eventhough I've seen him wrecking stuff plenty of times. Probably because the women always have priority. :p

Thanks for the games @Sméagol and @Nintendo Fan, woohoo! It is definitely more fun to play with people you know.

---

I really like the game, but there is also much that can be improved. It plays great, and I really have the feeling that I can improve a lot. Learning what all the abilities are of the different champions and to what keys they are bound to (it happens so often that I fire missiles instead of activating my shield...). The action is nice and quick, plenty of variation between the champs, and plenty to unlock (like the four abilities you can choose from at the start of the match).

I won't go for the Champions pack, as I like saving gold to unlock that champion that you really want. In the long run I will probably regret it as prices are pretty steep, but on the other hand now the roster is pretty limited which I actually like, so I can try out everyone in an easy pace.

Maybe I'll go for the Season Pass, but I need to look into what it offers. I must say this part is a little bit confusing, plus they go quite overboard with steering you towards purchases. Every time you level up the Battle Pass level, it asks you if you want to buy it. Next to that you can unlock champions, skins, mounts, exclusives and the whatnot. Plus you can also buy those lootboxes. They really have thrown in every microtransaction model they could think of.

The presentation is allright but I think the menus are a bit confusing as well. Going in-game is not a big problem, but the other menus feel mixed up. Like going to the shop for the Daily Reward, but other missions displayed in another menu. Various tabs per menu which you need to scroll through.

The Champions themselves are nice but also a bit cliché and they don't appeal to me as much as for example the ones from League Of Legends or Dota2. Then again I have that problem with every other moba game than those 2. :p

Loading and preparing times are already discussed and yeah they could fix this. Jump to customize your champion as soon as everyone has selected a champ could cut times. And with Onslaught, why the hell am I waiting 50 seconds before the game starts? And then you get thrown on a mount which is first of all silly (Ruckus on a horse...), and totally obsolete since the distance to the center is not that big.

Yeah some things they may fix but others they probably won't, as the game is out already a while on different platforms and I don't see them drastically overhauling stuff that they do in the other versions. So a lot to complain about, but I like the fast paced action and the variety, trumping Fortnite in the free-to-play shooter genre. :)

TL;DR: Great game with some quality issues.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this