NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

Slightly disappointing. They started pretty strong, but glanced over a lot of cool stuff, only to end with a long and boring segment on Smash, which could have been better itself.

That mech game looks fucking awesome.

I wanted more Fire emblem. And less Smash. Fire Emblem also looks fucking awesome. Hype.

Mario Party, the last one I played was on N64. It's nice as a party game. But I missed if it has online? If it doesn't I have less use for it.

Overcooked 2 though has online, instantly making it more interesting for me than the first which I have barely played.

Pokémon, ehh it looks nice. May get it afterall, I'm getting a bit of an itch. It's not what I really want, but it may be a nice warm up for the real game.

Hollow Knight, I'm still not a super fan of the artstyle, but I wouldn't mind a new Metroidvania.

DragonballZ. Blink and you miss it.

Fortnite: it's free, I'm going to try it out tonight. Or tomorrow if I head to bed early.

Maybe try out Paladins while waiting for Fortnite?

Killer Queen black: <shrug>

Oh the Torna DLC. I skipped most of it, as I'm already getting it, but it looks substantial, and fucking cool.

Smash.. Yeah I never want to go in-depth with any game during a Direct. I do want to see new stuff. Not tweaks for every single character (yeah that's technically new, but you know what I mean). Having every single character is cool, even if I personally could do without some of them. Would have liked to see more new characters. Ridley is cool, but doesn't have the wow factor for me personally. I really expected and wanted to see Rex at the very least. That said, I still expect him to come later. Also wanted to see more new stages. That Sheikah tower isn;t the most interesting location they could have chosen as a Breath of the Wild stage in my opinion. Anyway, theye is plenty of new cool stuff, I just didn;t need to see so much of Smash. And they skipped things that they should have included (like the rest of the Direct). Like the two new Amiibo. Also they release it too late. They miss the online launch, and it's too close to Christmas.

Yoshi. Where's Yoshi.

No new indie flood?

I don't mind no new Prime 4, it's too early.

No talk of online?

They started of with the best thing in this Direct, the mech game, glanced over a lot of cool stuff, and went on and on about Smash, which I expected to have more new stuff itself.

1 minute ago, Kaxxx said:

Pokémon, Smash Bros, Hollow Knight, Xenoblade expansion, Fire Emblem, overcooked 2, Mario Party....you guys are hard to please.

Ports, DLC, a remake of an ancient GBC game and two actual new games, both of which we've known about for over a year?

No, not really.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hogge said:

What?

Dude, if it wasn't for the high resolution, I'd be convinced it was a game for the Wii.

What?

I like the general aesthetic of the game.

Ports, DLC, a remake of an ancient GBC game and two actual new games, both of which we've known about for over a year?

No, not really.

I'd hate to be you. Plenty for me there plus DK adventure plus I've still games on my Switch I haven't even started.
Edited by Kaxxx
  • Thanks 1

Fortnite supports voice chat through the headphone jack on the Switch.  They've just said on the Treehouse stream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, V. Amoleo said:

Fortnite supports voice chat through the headphone jack on the Switch.  They've just said on the Treehouse stream.

But ingame voice chat, right? Not OS based?

• Like 1

Just now, drahkon said:

But ingame voice chat, right? Not OS based?

Yeah in game, so if you press home you lose connection.  Not perfect but better than we've got with Splatoon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, V. Amoleo said:

Yeah in game, so if you press home you lose connection.  Not perfect but better than we've got with Splatoon!

Trust a third party dev to offer a more convenient voice chat option than Nintendo itself :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't believe they are showing Smash again. They dedicated 25 mins of the Direct to it, played it at the start of the Treehouse and have fired it back up again. Show something else!

• Like 1

Quick question:

Weren't the NES Classic and SNES Classic both announced at E3?

If so, it means there won't be an N64 Classic :(

It’s a good job I barely have time for games otherwise I’d be fuming. Nintendo didn’t show a lot. Alas I still need to get Zelda and then Smash will do me for a while.

4 minutes ago, Hogge said:

Quick question:

Weren't the NES Classic and SNES Classic both announced at E3?

If so, it means there won't be an N64 Classic :(

The SNES Classic was announced a couple weeks after E3.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

The SNES Classic was announced a couple weeks after E3.

Oh, so there's still hope :p

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Can't believe they are showing Smash again. They dedicated 25 mins of the Direct to it, played it at the start of the Treehouse and have fired it back up again. Show something else!

They have nothing else to show!

A lame Direct, a really poor showing.   With Nintendo getting the big guns out last year, we really needed a statement of intent today. What we got was a couple of low tier announcements and a handful of reminders. Disappointing.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

Just a correction, this is coming in a patch on Thursday. On the stream they made it sound like it was available now.

More Smash. I'm done with the Treehouse. Going to eat and then try out Fortnite/

8 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

More Smash. I'm done with the Treehouse. Going to eat and then try out Fortnite/

Same. It's an absolute shambles.

56 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Now you know how I felt with BOTW.

Feel my pain!

There's still some small little reveals. Like Alolan Raichu, Abra and Badge Arcade Bunny being Assist Trophies.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Feel my pain!

There's still some small little reveals. Like Alolan Raichu, Abra and Badge Arcade Bunny being Assist Trophies.

Focusing on Let's Go and then adding gen 1 pandering to Smash. You must be livid. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Feel my pain!

I felt the pain then!  You clearly have me mistaken for someone who enjoyed BOTW. :D 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I felt the pain then!  You clearly have me mistaken for someone who enjoyed BOTW. :D 

WHAT? You didn't enjoy BotW? :o

:p

• Haha 2

That was super disappointing for me, I’ve been burnt out with Switch for months now due to lack of anything original besides WiiU ports and I was really looking forward to Smash but... I dunno, it looks /fine/ but it didn’t blow me away in any sense. I was hoping for all new stages, exciting new characters, awesome character cut scenes but instead it’s just like a modded Smash 4 with veteran character DLC. 

I’m also slowly giving up hope on Retro. Not a glimpse, teaser, concept art, not ANYTHING for 4 years. They’re either in development hell with a game or something is going wrong at the studio. 

I thought it was a decent direct, I was disappointed not to see Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 4 or what Retro has been working on but I think there were plenty of good announcements and plenty of variety in the games on show. Hollow Knight shadow drop was totally expected but still great to see, I'm not a huge fan of Smash Bros. but I thought the presentation was entertaining and well executed. Definitely felt a pang of disappointment when the Nintendo logo came up after Sakurai was done talking, had expected a little bit more. Hopefully we see more of Yoshi and get a release date during one of the Treehouse streams but I don't hold out hope for an Animal Crossing reveal until next January at the earliest and either that or Metroid will be their main focus at E3 2019. 

I watched a little bit of the Treehouse before I went out earlier and it got me a little more excited for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, interested to learn more about it. 

27 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

I’m also slowly giving up hope on Retro. Not a glimpse, teaser, concept art, not ANYTHING for 4 years. They’re either in development hell with a game or something is going wrong at the studio. 

Maybe they're just designing amiibo now.

Sign in to follow this