NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

....what did I just read? :heh:

If you think Nintendo has bribed pretty much all the reviewers out there for all those games, then I think you've seen a bit too many conspiracy clips on youtube.

My cent is that Nintendo has delivered a tonne of new games with exceptional quality, but hey, what would I know. I'm not a genius :bouncy:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Beverage said:

Drahkon, myself and a lot of others who I personally know or follow on social media has been somewhat unsatisfied with games such as Mario: Odessy and Densetsu no Zelda: Breath of The Wildu. 

To be fair, I haven't played Odyssey, yet and in turn haven't expressed an opinion :p

Moreover, who knows if Nintendo bribed the reviewers for biased positive reviews?

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement.

I do agree that BotW should've been reviewed a little more critically, though. Especially from a technical standpoint (i.e. framerate drops, pop-ins, etc). BotW got a free pass while other games get chastised for having FPS drop below 30 from time to time.::shrug: 
But Nintendo (or any other developer) bribing reviewers? Highly unlikely.

@Glen-i that 'genius' statement was used metaphorically to convey that not everbody is easily pleased. When @drahkon said he/she wanted a "Mario game that's not as easy as sex" I assumed he was including Odessy into that catergory like I and others have. So for a game that is boring (as it's too simple/easy) to be glorified with praise, I find that arrogant or even biased just because of personal preference of the Almighty Nintendo.

Dont get me wrong, the games aren't entirely garbage, for they have some good ideas within them. Just ultimately for me they're a miss, similar to how many feel that motion control is a miss.

Edited by Beverage

Someone on Resetera just made a pretty good point about Fortnite on Switch...

I reckon there's a really good chance of the Switch version getting an exclusive 8 player local wireless multiplayer mode, with exclusive maps (that are much smaller to accomodate a smaller player count).  Nintendo are clearly pitching it as a centrepiece of their E3 Direct and I bet that they wouldn't do that for a straight port of a game that's already available on mobile and every other platform...

It's definiitely the biggest way that they could differentiate it from the other versions and given that it's F2P, there's no cost barrier to entry for getting an 8 player game up and running (RIP Download Play).  I could see it being a huge hit at local Switch gatherings!

Edited by Dcubed

1 hour ago, Beverage said:

"Mario game that's not as easy as sex"

Don't put words in my mouth. I said "easy as fuck".

Literal sex with me is never easy :p  :(  

• Haha 3

@Dcubed That sounds pretty neat for local gatherings. Kinda like the Splatoon Tournament in the first Switch reveal trailer. But my question is, will it have cross platform play? Because it would be cool to be able to play to the already huge player base. 

@Beverage Too bad that the recent Nintendo games don't suit your style. But I'm afraid you'll be more dissapointed, seeing as Nintendo has had such huge success with these new games. Expect more to follow the new formula.

Personally I have no issue with the Switch being a weaker system that the Xbone and PS4. I get all my 3rd party AAA-games on my PC, and the Switch is more for comfortable play in the living room and while out/traveling. The combination is solid, and tbh, I get way more playtime on the Switch than on the PC, mainly because I can play wherever I want. I highly doubt there will be a new version in the E3-direct. If anything it'll be like someone else said earlier in the thread, they'll switch out the bad chip with a new one and stop at that. I also bet that when we'll get a new version it'll only be minor tweaks, like a bigger screen (not bigger resolution), better battery, better placement of the USB-C port, and more RAM for faster preformance. But that'll probably be in a few years. 

1 minute ago, ArtMediocre said:

@Dcubed That sounds pretty neat for local gatherings. Kinda like the Splatoon Tournament in the first Switch reveal trailer. But my question is, will it have cross platform play? Because it would be cool to be able to play to the already huge player base. 

I'm 100% certain it will with Xbox and PC.  Every other multiplatform release seems to support it (including Paladins) so I'd bet on it being a sure thing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beverage said:

@Glen-i that 'genius' statement was used metaphorically to convey that not everbody is easily pleased. When @drahkon said he/she wanted a "Mario game that's not as easy as sex" I assumed he was including Odessy into that catergory like I and others have. So for a game that is boring (as it's too simple/easy) to be glorified with praise, I find that arrogant or even biased just because of personal preference of the Almighty Nintendo.

Eh? You find it arrogant that a game you personally don't like gets praised from a lot of people?

Oh and saying that the vast majority of people who liked Odyssey are "easily pleased" isn't arrogant? Your posts either contradict themselves, or simply make no sense.

I liked Odyssey, but then I am easily pleased.

I'm also a genius though....

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

21 minutes ago, bob said:

Apple Genius though?  Those don't count.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bob said:

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Apple Genius though?  Those don't count.

Here you go, @bob;

610dIWdN2RL._SX466_.jpg

6 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Here you go, @bob;

610dIWdN2RL._SX466_.jpg

NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

We only just got past the week of Toiletries! You'll doom us all!

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

@Ronnie

I dont mean to be offensive by saying some people are easily pleased, in some areas of life even I, Beveragenius, am easily pleased. But I guess truth stings at times when pride is swollen. Still, in a genuine exchange of opinion truth is what shall dribble melodiously from my lips.

I didn't say that it's arrogant for a game that I dislike to be praised by popular opinion. I suggested that things that are logically simple yet are praised by fans (or others who conventionally praise the idol highly based on previous triumphs) as the best thing since sliced bread, those biased opinions are imprisoned in arrogance. It's unhealthy, it could transcend to the realm of delusion.

However, I dont equate simplicity with low quality for sometimes less is more. Old @bob over there seems to get it. :D

I also get one of the reasons why Nintendo are going the simple route, complexity wouldn't be friendly towards the pick-up-and-play aundience (children and the casual adult gamer), otherwise entitled as the Blue Ocean Audience where Nintendo banks on earning the money from. Thus competitive games may additionally be further reduced in quality due to the absense of skillful gameplay mechanics replaced with more luck/chanced-based mechanics.

Edited by Beverage

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I said "easy as fuck".

Literal sex with me is never easy :p  :(  

Haha why does your stamina suck or something? What's not easy about simply  entering and exiting a cave? In any case, you say tomato and I say tomato. xD

Hey but does Conduit 3 qualify for an 'adult shooter'? :D They could upgrade the previous 2 to make it a trilogy. Do you know if HV released that Conduit for the 3DS in the end?

39 minutes ago, Beverage said:

Haha why does your stamina suck or something? What's not easy about simply  entering and exiting a cave?

Nah, I'm just too good. Women never want to stop. It's not easy for me.

Guys I thought we had grown out of being teenagers about a decade ago?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Guys I thought we had grown out of being teenagers about a decade ago?

Have you not seen the Drunken Thread?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Have you not seen the Drunken Thread?

At least there's an excuse for that.

15 hours ago, Beverage said:

Moreover, who knows if Nintendo bribed the reviewers for biased positive reviews?

They certainly don't here! :laughing:

• Haha 4

Let’s see, we’ve had K.K. Slider, Samus and Tingle now. This being Red Shell, I’d say someone from Wario Ware, something/body Wii Music related or the annoying baby face from Mario Paint?

• Weird 2

On 08/06/2018 at 5:00 PM, RedShell said:

Everyone's looking forward to Tingle's new game, right? :heh:

Yes. :cry:

• Sad 1

Sign in to follow this