NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

Well, that was bizarre.  Fire Emblem looks good, some of the other games look decent and I'm pleased Hollow Knight is out now.  But it feels like Smash Bros took all their budget and they had nothing else to show.  It was very disappointing not to see Metroid Prime 4.

Far too much Smash Bros. They could have had a smash Bros direct for that at another time. E3 not the place to dedicate so much time to one game. 

• Like 2

What... happened?

It started out strong, then it just ended...

No mention of Metroid Prime 4? No new announcements from western third parties?

• Like 1

Just now, Ashley said:

image.png

True

Charizard was his own character, Nintendo you sneaky fucks.

1 minute ago, liger05 said:

Far too much Smash Bros. They could have had a smash Bros direct for that at another time. E3 not the place to dedicate so much time to one game. 

Well, don't say that. Last year they only did Zelda, and that worked out pretty good ;D.

It's nice Sakurai takes time to put in little details and he's clearly proud, but not sure they had to cover them in the Direct.

Also why exactly does damage percentage have a floating point?

4 minutes ago, liger05 said:

That's literally what they did with Breath of the Wild and no-one complained then.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

That's literally what they did with Breath of the Wild and no-one complained then.

I did :p

• Haha 1

I felt like way too much time was spent on Smash brothers. I think they should have had all of that Smash brothers stuff as a separate direct  and shown us other stuff, such as Metroid Prime 4.

Just now, Glen-i said:

I can't quite recall - Wasn't there a lot we didn't know about Breath of The Wild back then? This took the piss naming every character and then going through (nearly?) all of them just to say "we've tweaked them a little" 

• Like 2

That was so weird.  It wasn't structured like their Directs usually are and it wasn't like their previous E3 ones.  Then it just ended.

I mean what was shown was nice I guess, but that wasn't a good presentation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I would of thought this year they would have more to show. Its a year on since the platform released and woukd expect more development than last year. 

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

We don't count.

Oh :(

Anyway, very underwhelming Direct.

What exactly was new?

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (2019)
DAEMON X MACHINA
(2019)
Xenoblades Chronicles 2 DLC (September 21st)
Super Mario Party (October 5th)
and a couple of Indies (?)

Am I missing something?

Edited by drahkon

To be fair they did say up front it would have been BoTW only, they didn't really make it clear Smash would have such a large focus in this one.

Sakurai is playing, gonna be embarrassing if he loses. :p

They used the trailer music for Great Plateau stage?!

2 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I can't quite recall - Wasn't there a lot we didn't know about Breath of The Wild back then? This took the piss naming every character and then going through (nearly?) all of them just to say "we've tweaked them a little" 

Exactly. Just padded the video as they had nothing else to show. 

I genuinely thought they might have accidentally switched to the Smash Bros Direct video.

Did they say Hollow Knight was out today?  I can't find it on the eShop (or how much it costs).

I'm seriously expecting more announcements within the next few days.

If the abysmal start of the year and these announcements are anything to go by, even Nintendo themselves must realize that their lofty hope of selling 100 million consoles is pretty much dead in the water.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

To be fair they did say up front it would have been BoTW only, they didn't really make it clear Smash would have such a large focus in this one.

Yes, they did. It was name dropped in the Press Release.

Sign in to follow this