Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

On June 8, 2018 at 4:49 PM, Grazza said:

They certainly don't here! :laughing:

I dunno. It would explain the score @Dcubed gave to Starfox Zero. :D 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, King_V said:

Im calling it - Nintendo Switch update with Netflix app on Tuesday.

Their whole Direct?

On 08/06/2018 at 4:57 PM, Ashley said:

Guys I thought we had grown out of being teenagers about a decade ago?

Sadly, I haven't.

On 08/06/2018 at 6:00 PM, RedShell said:

gEpUMtN.gif

4 days to go!
Everyone's looking forward to Tingle's new game, right? :heh:

Just like Ike, I am as well.

On 08/06/2018 at 6:27 PM, markderoos said:

Let’s see, we’ve had K.K. Slider, Samus and Tingle now. This being Red Shell, I’d say someone from Wario Ware, something/body Wii Music related or the annoying baby face from Mario Paint?

I am going to be disappointed if that face (it's a baby? :p) isn't the final one. And Tingle should make a 2nd appearance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Here's a bit of a prediction:

Steep for Switch has been quietly canceled, BUT the progress made on that port has been reworked into a new game which will be branded as a 1080 Snowboarding sequel.

A guess taken slightly out of thin air, but I think it's not too unlikely considering Mario + Rabbids happened last year.

• Like 1

5kc6FJd.gif

1 day to go!!!! :bouncy:

Yep, Reggie cosplaying as Captain Falcon. You weren't expecting that, ey? :heh:

And just so @Sméagol isn't disappointed:

Spoiler

qJbvTFI.gif

:laughing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 2

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

5kc6FJd.gif

1 day to go!!!! :bouncy:

Yep, Reggie cosplaying as Captain Falcon. You weren't expecting that, ey? :heh:

And just so @Sméagol isn't disappointed:

Hide contents

qJbvTFI.gif

:laughing:

But why doesn’t he have those big round eyes.. ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weird 1

10 minutes ago, markderoos said:

But why doesn’t he have those big round eyes.. ???

Oh he does, they’re just hidden by the mask... :heh:

• Haha 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Aye.

Sorry, I thought I was in the E3 thread and thought you had posted it in there. My mistake! :D It's the Nintendo Direct thread so it's obviously a Nintendo direct, ahaa.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nintendo should have lowered expectations when they said they're only showing 2018 games and that 2019 ones would be shown at a later date. Not sure how much more clear the situation can be.

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Nintendo should have lowered expectations when they said they're only showing 2018 games and that 2019 ones would be shown at a later date. Not sure how much more clear the situation can be.

Maybe they've changed it since, but the last time I checked in on this, wasn't the wording saying that there would be a focus on 2018 games? In much the same way that last year's Spotlight had a focus on 2017 games? I haven't read anything to suggest that they are talking exclusively about 2018 games this evening is what I'm saying. But hey, could just be me reading into it a little too much :p 

Though, I do think that this...

12 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

...is more a case of attempting to subvert/manage expectations, as opposed to suggesting that there will be nothing of merit besides what is already expected (SmashFire EmblemYoshi, etc.). Nintendo currently have a window of four months between first-party releases on the Switch from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker in July to Pokémon Let's Go! in November, and have had a relatively quiet year up to this point, so I do expect to see more than we already know about tonight.

And besides first-party exclusives for the Switch, I expect a relatively strong third-party showing, even if the bulk of it is a number of Japanese studios. Whether that be new titles or rereleases of older ones, I do expect them - Square Enix especially, after having shown nothing for the Switch in their conference yesterday (yes, we have Octopath Traveller coming in July, but I think they've had some other stuff in the works for the console too) - to have a greater presence than they did last year. 

Don't think they've changed stance on things. Their website still says "Get a look at Nintendo Switch games for 2018, including Super Smash Bros.™". A month or two ago they clearly stated in a tweet that 2019 games would be talked about another time.

I'm expecting Smash, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, some third party stuff, and maybe one new first party game reveal.

Edited by Ronnie

At this point, I'm just happy to be getting a look at Super Smash Bros. on Switch but I do think there will be a few surprise announcements.

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

At this point, I'm just happy to be getting a look at Super Smash Bros. on Switch but I do think there will be a few surprise announcements.

Really hope so.

I need a lot to be interested in a Switch, though. Thing is, I won't be disappointed no matter what the Direct will be like. As it has been for the past few years: Nintendo can only surprise me :D

Looking forward to tonight :peace:

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Don't think they've changed stance on things. Their website still says "Get a look at Nintendo Switch games for 2018, including Super Smash Bros.™". A month or two ago they clearly stated in a tweet that 2019 games would be talked about another time.

Oh yeah, I remember that tweet now.

Could it also be a double-blind, though? I don't think anyone really expects Bayonetta 3 or Prime 4 to release next year in 2019, given how little we've seen to this point of them, so if they are coming in 2020, then that's how they could get away with that. It could also simply be a case of subverting expectations, given that Nintendo have been getting much better when it comes to closing on a surprising and totally unexpected tease. I honestly didn't expect much of anything beyond 2018 at this point anyway, considering how frequently we've been getting Directs, but I still think that there could be a few pretty big surprises to come in the next six months.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

As it has been for the past few years: Nintendo can only surprise me :D

Yet they’ve failed to do so in every occasion! 😜

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm expecting Smash, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, some third party stuff, and maybe one new first party game reveal.

Pretty much.

I'm not expecting anything mindblowing and I'm not really expecting a medium/long term plan like we got last year with far off announcements like Metroid and Pokemon. 

Dates for the games you've mentioned and third party games will probably be enough for me. That said, I would love to see them announce a title in a smaller series (i.e. Punch Out).

14 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Yet they’ve failed to do so in every occasion! 😜

Nah. They keep surprising me by failing to make me interested in their new consoles :p

• Haha 1

I'm holding out hope for a good show from Nintendo. I live the Switch as a console but it's not quite gelled with me when it comes to the games beyond a handful of games. Hopefully Nintendo have a good selection to show, of both first party and third party titles, the pique my interest.

I'm especially wanting to see whether Hollow Knight gets the shadow drop that people are suggesting but I don't think it will. It'd make a better release after the direct than Fortnite will. Fingers crossed for it turning up.

Sign in to follow this