NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

My bets are:

• The Direct opens with Retros game, with the end of the year being it's release date.
  • Fire Emblem shown and announced for release at the end of the year.
  • Smash gets a September release date to launch alongside the online service.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy to be released on the Switch to drum up excitement for MP4.
  • Bayonetta 3 fully shown off.
  • Wii U ports announced, namely New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi U, Xenoblade Chronicles X and The Wonderful 101.
  • Bravely Default 1+2 announced for the Switch.
  • The World Ends With You gets a release date. ( given the S-E have their own presser this year, both this and my previous bet may show up there instead ) 
  • Rabbids DLC gets shadow dropped.
  • Hollow Knight gets shadow dropped.
  • Link's Awakening 3DS remake to be announced and shown on the Treehouse section of the show.
  • Surprisingly strong 3rd party support is shown.

That'd make for a strong showing! No Yoshi though?

I know they said it'll be during the show and the show only containing 2018 games but I still can't 'feel' Smash coming out this year. Given how previous ones have been given online updates for months (years?) before it just seems really soon!

And I'd rather a Mario Maker port than New U personally. Although we might just get New Mario Switch. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

That'd make for a strong showing! No Yoshi though?

I forgot about Yoshi! I can see that getting pushed back to an early 2019 title.

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Is it sad that nothing from that list except Smash and MP4 would excite me? 

Of course that’s not sad, everybody’s got different preferences. What announcements for Switch would excite you?

22 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Of course that’s not sad, everybody’s got different preferences. What announcements for Switch would excite you?

• a much more refined Breath of the Wild sequel (or rather a new IP based on BotW, but with a better world, better story, better gameplay, etc.)
  • a shooter a lá Titanfall 2 but made my Nintendo (i.e. some kind of "adult" FPS, you know what I mean?)
  • a Mario game that is not easy as fuck :p
  • open world Pokémon with a huge online component
  • new Switch model (better specs, larger HDD, option to buy with or without the dock)
  • Mario Sunshine remake (a lá Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy)
  • an online service that is on par with current industry standards

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:
  • a much more refined Breath of the Wild sequel (or rather a new IP based on BotW, but with a better world, better story, better gameplay, etc.)
  • a shooter a lá Titanfall 2 but made my Nintendo (i.e. some kind of "adult" FPS, you know what I mean?)
  • a Mario game that is not easy as fuck :p
  • open world Pokémon with a huge online component
  • new Switch model (better specs, larger HDD, option to buy with or without the dock)
  • Mario Sunshine remake (a lá Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy)
  • an online service that is on par with current industry standards

Oh to live in a world where Nintendo has infinite man power and can churn out Game of the Year Zelda and 3D Mario games on a yearly basis. 

New Switch model? A year after launch? Why? It's selling like crazy. 

34 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Oh to live in a world where Nintendo has infinite man power and can churn out Game of the Year Zelda and 3D Mario games on a yearly basis. 

New Switch model? A year after launch? Why? It's selling like crazy. 

While I agree it's far too soon to be expecting that kind of stuff, I believe @markderoos was asking @drahkon what announcements would make him excited.

Doesn't necessarily have to be realistic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

While I agree it's far too soon to be expecting that kind of stuff, I believe @markderoos was asking @drahkon what announcements would make him excited.

Doesn't necessarily have to be realistic.

To be fair with the hacking of the Switch hardware I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo have started working on a new model seeing as their current one is compromised.

Some hopes/predictions of mine:

• Animal Crossing - it's not a game, it's therapy!
  • Metroid Prime 4 - just looking forward to seeing it.
  • Fire Emblem - it'd be nice to have a normal FE game on Switch.
  • Mario Maker - I never played any previous of version of this, but would love tinkering about with designs on Switch much more than the Wii U.
  • New Zelda - Given the presumed expense of BotW, I'm more and more convinced Nintendo will seek to recoup costs to the maximum by using the assets for an MM-style adventure.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arlo just posted this gem, which is a great reminder of how far Nintendo has come in 10 years :D.

• Haha 1

OK, time to start predictions...

• Presentation starts with Super Smash Bros. trailer, Arms character(s) revealed.
  • Super Smash Bros. talk, release date in September, exisiting amiibo compatible, Demo possibly shadow-dropped?
  • Third-Party general blowout, Dragon Ball FighterZ etc... all the stuff in that leaked image.
  • Fortnite on Switch, will get its own short trailer.
  • Star Fox Racing League, turns out to be more like Diddy Kong Racing but with Sonic Transformed influence, Landmaster for on "track" parts, Submarine for underwater, Arwing.
  • Super Mario Maker DX has all the best created content from the other versions, a single player game made up from stages, Super Mario Odyssey 2D style section style.
  • Metroid Prime 4 teaser... more than just a logo... please.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy HD collection.
  • Hollow Knight, shadow drop
  • Indies... lots of indies.
  • Fire Emblem, at least a trailer.
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer.
  • Zelda teaser.
  • Oh and one more thing... Megaton Super Smash Bros. character reveal... I reckon Bomberman.

That's all for now. :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

OK, time to start predictions...

• Presentation starts with Super Smash Bros. trailer, Arms character(s) revealed.
  • Super Smash Bros. talk, release date in September, exisiting amiibo compatible, Demo possibly shadow-dropped?
  • Third-Party general blowout, Dragon Ball FighterZ etc... all the stuff in that leaked image.
  • Fortnite on Switch, will get its own short trailer.
  • Star Fox Racing League, turns out to be more like Diddy Kong Racing but with Sonic Transformed influence, Landmaster for on "track" parts, Submarine for underwater, Arwing.
  • Super Mario Maker DX has all the best created content from the other versions, a single player game made up from stages, Super Mario Odyssey 2D style section style.
  • Metroid Prime 4 teaser... more than just a logo... please.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy HD collection.
  • Hollow Knight, shadow drop
  • Indies... lots of indies.
  • Fire Emblem, at least a trailer.
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer.
  • Zelda teaser.
  • Oh and one more thing... Megaton Super Smash Bros. character reveal... I reckon Bomberman.

That's all for now. :D

You think Star Fox, Mario Maker, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta and Zelda are all coming out in 2018??

I really think Nintendo mean it when they say only 2018 games will be shown. They explicitly said 2019 games shown "at a later date".

• Like 1

They'll show 2018 games at the start of the direct and 2019 at the end. Semantically sound. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

yxxwGRT.gif

5 days to go!

Oh man, you've got a whole series of these? Well, that will make the wait more explosive.

• Haha 2

@Ronnie

"Oh to live in a world where Nintendo has infinite man power and can churn out Game of the Year Zelda and 3D Mario games on a yearly basis."

However they churned out the seismic magnitude of all sorts of software throughout the lifespan of the NES, SNES, N64 and GameCube is how I want 'em to churn out software on the Switch. Mind you, those were the days when Nintendo were hungry. Now they're fat cats with fridge-loads packed full of Hovis bread, so they're being immensely relaxed in quality and quantity (of AAA franchises) of software. 

"New Switch model? A year after launch? Why? It's selling like crazy."

Mm-hm, as a business within a lifestyle based on a failed monetary project, level of financial gain is what determines Nintendo's quality and quantity of art. So I guess money has compromised Nintendo's values of art. I've said it before and I shall say it again -- as a business it's logical to be compromised by cash accumulation, however, it's simply dishonourable in my opinion. Respect and legendary status is earned when one uses genuine effort to obtain success (especially when it's a no-brainer that their efforts would be tremendously rewarded). 

I guess it's just an issue of morality. Inspire people with talented art. Make unforgettable marks in history with genuinely enjoyable products (especially as a company with a name meaning 'Joy from Heaven'). Being lazy to just churn out child's play because they know sheeps will just follow the crowd to be milked. Capitalism for sure, do what you must for simple survival, but inevitably you wont be viewed with respect and honour from minds that are not sheep-like. At times, if it's within your capability, you should just enjoy what you do and be an icon of inspiration.

By the time online will be presented to the public, it'll almost have been 2 full years since the Switch released. It is unacceptable. It's wriddled with hardware faults. Its storage crisis is screaming for salvation. The chip isn't filling every third party developer with confidence, so not every multi-platform game is coming to the system, and the few that are are slow with regards to immediacy. A PS4 Pro / XBOX1X strategy would be salvation. Switch-On Steroids.

"You think Star Fox, Mario Maker, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta and Zelda are all coming out in 2018?? I really think Nintendo mean it when they say only 2018 games will be shown. They explicitly said 2019 games shown "at a later date."

Oh no. :blank: *in Baymax's voice*

Edited by Beverage
posted incomplete message

On Wednesday, June 06, 2018 at 3:34 PM, Grazza said:

Some hopes/predictions of mine:

• Animal Crossing - it's not a game, it's therapy!
  • Metroid Prime 4 - just looking forward to seeing it.
  • Fire Emblem - it'd be nice to have a normal FE game on Switch.
  • Mario Maker - I never played any previous of version of this, but would love tinkering about with designs on Switch much more than the Wii U.
  • New Zelda - Given the presumed expense of BotW, I'm more and more convinced Nintendo will seek to recoup costs to the maximum by using the assets for an MM-style adventure.

Incredible hopes and prediction Grazza :bowdown: 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Beverage said:

However they churned out the seismic magnitude of all sorts of software throughout the lifespan of the NES, SNES, N64 and GameCube is how I want 'em to churn out software on the Switch. Mind you, those were the days when Nintendo were hungry. Now they're fat cats with fridge-loads packed full of Hovis bread, so they're being immensely relaxed in quality and quantity (of AAA franchises) of software. 

How does Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Arms, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2 and Kirby Star Allies in the space of 12 months = "immensely relaxed in quality and quantity"? Those are not only a ton of big AAA games for such a short amount of time, but all of them reviewed well/extremely well. Zelda won GOTY in the vast majority of outlets, and Mario was nominated for it pretty much everywhere.

42 minutes ago, Beverage said:

Mm-hm, as a business within a lifestyle based on a failed monetary project, level of financial gain is what determines Nintendo's quality and quantity of art. So I guess money has compromised Nintendo's values of art. I've said it before and I shall say it again -- as a business it's logical to be compromised by cash accumulation, however, it's simply dishonourable in my opinion. Respect and legendary status is earned when one uses genuine effort to obtain success (especially when it's a no-brainer that their efforts would be tremendously rewarded). 

I guess it's just an issue of morality. Inspire people with talented art. Make unforgettable marks in history with genuinely enjoyable products (especially as a company with a name meaning 'Joy from Heaven'). Being lazy to just churn out child's play because they know sheeps will just follow the crowd to be milked. Capitalism for sure, do what you must for simple survival, but inevitably you wont be viewed with respect and honour from minds that are not sheep-like. At times, if it's within your capability, you should just enjoy what you do and be an icon of inspiration.

By the time online will be presented to the public, it'll almost have been 2 full years since the Switch released. It is unacceptable. It's wriddled with hardware faults. Its storage crisis is screaming for salvation. The chip isn't filling every third party developer with confidence, so not every multi-platform game is coming to the system, and the few that are are slow with regards to immediacy. A PS4 Pro / XBOX1X strategy would be salvation. Switch-On Steroids.

All of this... and then your answer is... shaft early adopters by revealing a better model a year after release? You think that'll earn them "respect or honour"? Weird post.

Edited by Ronnie

The DS Lite came out 16 months after the original. The 3DS XL came out 17 months after the 3DS. It's been 15 months since the Switch was released. 

Situations are different (because obviously they would be), but it wouldn't be completely unheard of for a redesign to come out of the gate pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

The current hardware also has a major security hole so I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo got a new model or maybe silently released a new revision.

@Ronnie

How does Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Arms, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2 and Kirby Star Allies in the space of 12 months = "immensely relaxed in quality and quantity"? Those are not only a ton of big AAA games for such a short amount of time, but all of them reviewed well/extremely well. Zelda won GOTY in the vast majority of outlets, and Mario was nominated for it pretty much everywhere.

My answer to your question may be controversial because it's probably subjective, but I'm just sharing my view with you. Geniuses are rare and appear in various forms. Have you ever heard a saying like "Geniuses are lonely/crazy"? Haha they dont follow popular opinion, they're independent thinkers. So the mass may view simple things as masterpieces, whereas to a genius those things are child's play. Moreover, who knows if Nintendo bribed the reviewers for biased positive reviews? Remember, our lifestyle is corrupt by the monetary system.

Drahkon, myself and a lot of others who I personally know or follow on social media has been somewhat unsatisfied with games such as Mario: Odessy and Densetsu no Zelda: Breath of The Wildu. 

How about the current online service for the Switch, are you satisfied with it Ronald?

All of those games churned out within 12 months is testament to the fact of their immense relaxation towards quality and thus quantity of high quality software.

Indeed, a vastly improved Switch would redeem, in all of the aforementioned regards, Nintendo's respect and honour as a public emblem in relation to artistic entertainment and inspiration. Not only hardware and internet improvements, but also quality of software.

4 hours ago, Beverage said:

@Ronnie

My answer to your question may be controversial because it's probably subjective, but I'm just sharing my view with you. Geniuses are rare and appear in various forms. Have you ever heard a saying like "Geniuses are lonely/crazy"? Haha they dont follow popular opinion, they're independent thinkers. So the mass may view simple things as masterpieces, whereas to a genius those things are child's play. Moreover, who knows if Nintendo bribed the reviewers for biased positive reviews? Remember, our lifestyle is corrupt by the monetary system.

Please tell me you're not serious.

Because that sounds more than a little arrogant. If not liking Nintendo's latest big hitters was a sign of genius, that would make me one of the smartest people in the world. And that's just ridiculous.

It's fine to have opinions, but don't go acting so high and mighty about it.

Sign in to follow this