NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

TJnZW9t.jpg

Just 1week to go for what could potentially be one of Nintendo's best E3 showings in quite some time. With a focus entirely on Switch for 2018, including of course the much anticipated Super Smash Bros., it should be a spectacular, exciting and hype inducing show!! :bouncy:or... you know, a ginormous disappointment with no F-Zero... again. :heh:
Anyway, I'm sure you won't want to miss it, not to mention enjoy all the reactions of fellow N-E members once the direct is live. :D

Tuesday 12th June 17:00 (BST) 18:00 (CEST)

https://e3.nintendo.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

So yeah, let's get this hype train moving...

All aboard! :hehe:

BTW, should any further rumours/leaks materialise before the direct airs, please use the following thread to discuss them:

:peace:

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Can't wait.

I have very high expectations. So be prepared to see me raging about everything Nintendo does at E3 :D

• Like 1

As always I'm rooting for Animal Crossing!
Really looking forward to hear more about Super Smash Brothers as well.

Nice thread!

They've explicitly said they're only showing 2018 games, and that 2019 games will be shown "at a later date", so I think it'd be a good idea to cool a fair amount of hype (yeah right). I think first party wise we're in for:

- Smash
- Yoshi
- Fire Emblem
- Pokemon (Let's Go)

Maybe Odyssey DLC, maybe Retro's game but I think the above + some third party stuff will be it for Nintendo, and maybe a reveal or two during their Treehouse stream.

Could be wrong but I'm going in with lowered expectations.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

so I think it'd be a good idea to cool a fair amount of hype

Whoops.

• Haha 3

I'm saying they release the splatoon 2 octo-expantion during the direct.

4 minutes ago, martinist said:

I'm saying they release the splatoon 2 octo-expantion during the direct.

And the Mario + Rabbids dlc.

latest?cb=20160131053459

I'm so ready to get incredibly excited over every tiny little thing that gets revealed about Smash!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

latest?cb=20160131053459

I'm so ready to get incredibly excited over every tiny little thing that gets revealed about Smash!

Spoiler

I've heard that they're going to remove all playable and trophy Pokémon characters that aren't part of the original 151, and they will add Pokéball controller support.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I've heard that they're going to remove all playable and trophy Pokémon characters that aren't part of the original 151, and they will add Pokéball controller support.

Omfg, use the spoiler thread, man. :p

• Weird 1

I know it's unlikely with Smash and Pokemon coming this year but I'm hoping for another good single player adventure game around Christmas time, in addition to Yoshi and Fire Emblem I mean.

20 minutes ago, Sméagol said:
  smash rumour (Reveal hidden contents)

Thankfully, Sakurai has actual taste and would never let that happen.

In fact, he has such good taste, he cut Squirtle and Ivysaur to make room for best water starter Greninja.

I would legit love to see someone come to a competitive Smash tourney and use the Pokeball controller.

I miss Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Can’t wait for Wart in Smash!

Spoiler

I heard from reliable sources they're going to announce a surprise sequel to Doki Doki Panic.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sméagol said:
  rumour (Hide contents)

I heard from reliable sources they're going to announce a surprise sequel to Doki Doki Panic.

And it will be a Battle Royale game, right? 😭

Edited by markderoos
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

2 minutes ago, markderoos said:

And it will be a Battle Royale game, right? 😭

Spoiler

Not just a battle royale game, a moba hero shooter battle royale game with loot boxes. And they will add Pokéball support.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

In fact, he has such good taste, he cut Squirtle

It's fine, I don't need you
h916431C9

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I miss Squirtle and Ivysaur.

K9KNm.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This thread has gotten weird, fast

Maybe you're not weird enough for this thread?

• Haha 2

I must say that it's been a while. The last time that I was within the midst of N-E, the population dwindled. And now there's less. Is there some sort of Tournament of Power in progress whereby the King of Everything is erasing the losers? 

It's that time of the year where, traditionally, we express our hopes, dream, wishes and prophecies. Well I foretell an event multitudinous in quality: Nintendo shall announce and showcase an upgraded Switch entitled.... Switch-On Steroids.

The SOS will have sufficient internal storage so as to no longer need external storage the price of half-a-console after installing only one-and-a-half of software. 

SOS will boast a chip efficient at running all new third party software, so that all said software could be available on the system. First party software could be enriched aswell, both visually and mechanically (such as increased A.I and graphical based rendering techniques which could be used for various puzzles etc).

Overhauled online infrastructure which includes; seamless gameplay worldwide; player history list; simple friend requests on a click-and-send basis; improved communication, so can text or voice message random players who aren't on your friends list, and optional voice chat in and across software regardless if friend or not (and via the SOS itself, even inserting smartphone earphones in the SOS to use as a gaming mic).

SOS homescreen modernized. More like Wiiu's Mii Plaza homescreen meets Splatoon 2's Inkopolis Plaza. Next gen immersive interaction!

Classic Nintendo games from all/most/some previous Nintendo consoles available for purchase with refined visuals and full online connectivity (gameplay and communication). With service of the cloud storage and/or SD card, space of these software could be accomodate without the need for our Thanos-inspired will to erase half the population of the cursed system.

Now as for software, I called go on all night long baby. Dont just bring games, or else they'll be ghastly like Star Fox Zero, Mario: Odessy and Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild. I'm sorry, but the novelty of the "big" concepts of the latter two weren't big enough for big minds. Openworlds moreorless were done in the original Zelda, all it is is that today had the illusion of slightly improved visuals and things such as climbing trees, buying property and finding treasure that isn't really necessary. Look at the world in say, Assasin's Creed: Origin -- it just feels alive, organically! Authenticity and purpose is needed! Think of Windfall Island in Wind Waker, or the postman motoring across Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time.... the entire game should be filled with this on a monumental spectrum! In Wind Waker how the old dude taught you combat at the beginning, and how you explore the seven seas for forbbiden scrolls -- these should be ways how each player discovers unique techniques (some magical!) throughout the game. Heck, throw in some sort of online multiplayer so that players can combine their unique skills in puzzle based quests and war based quests, and heck, perhaps VS mode.... which sails me fishingly to my next subject -- motion commands. Skyward Sword was on the right tracks with that extremely basic sealing technique and general combat. Simply power this up. The sky is literawii the limit! Enemies should each have 2-8 attack routines and learn the defend simple routines (to counter mindless spam like in Wii Sports Resort sword duels). And various gestures whilst activating magic uses magical spells (attacks, defenses, summonings like Fi for example, sealings and so on), perhaps some foes could do this too!

All with a blockbuster story that'll bring the audience to tears, full-on with voice acting (jap dub with eng subs until decent english voice actors can be found, at which point simply offer it as paid DLC).

Now THIS is how a Zelda game can be powered-up with art and sheer love. Do similar to so with Smash Bros (modes damn it, modes! Tag mode switch style, team mode, GOOD adventure, splendid next-level stages where you go to different dimensions where you smash your opponent, the screen follows the one being smashed in the distance if you get what I mean.... etc etc etc), King of The Hill mode (like in Ultimate Ninja Storm) which is clan-friendly!.... Go nuts with modes! Fun modes!

Conduit 3. Star Fox: Trek Wars (no more on-rails and hell no no racer [racing missions but not the entire game racing, that is what F Zero is for!], a full on exploration game similar to Mass Effect: Andromeda, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and so on). F Zero... brilliant story, ship customization, online MODES (normal 8-16 player [maybe even 32!], survival, pink slips and so on). Mario Party (in the style of #4 but bigger and better with online!). A proper Super Mario. A proper Mario Kart (sorry). Fire Emblem but next-gen (immersive story and gameplay, a SUPER rich RPG world!). Metroid next-gen (navigate galaxies, unique planets, insane bosses and environments, engaging story, perhaps some co-op etc etc etc). Give us an openworld Donkey Kong, Kirby and Kid Icarus done artistically and next gen. And all these games use motion controls to offer a deeper and wider gameplay experience.

Then all third party may aswell have optional full support of motion control (to make there be a greater reason to own the Switch version). Nintendo would take over the gaming industry and Sony and Microsoft would be forced to innovate and offer motion control as the industry standard.... So technology could actually modernize and advance. Currently the industry is painfully stagnant. 

In short, significal improvements to hardware, software and internet functionality and services I dream to see. The Switch is a tablet so I'd like to see all sorts of apps; drawing, video entertainmemt, food delivery to celebrate gaming victories or watch E3, streaming apps for E3 and Directs/Tree House, just all sorts of apps.

If this were to happen, I'd buy Switch-On Steroids for £545.99 any day of the century. 

• Haha 4

My bets are:

• The Direct opens with Retros game, with the end of the year being it's release date.
  • Fire Emblem shown and announced for release at the end of the year.
  • Smash gets a September release date to launch alongside the online service.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy to be released on the Switch to drum up excitement for MP4.
  • Bayonetta 3 fully shown off.
  • Wii U ports announced, namely New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi U, Xenoblade Chronicles X and The Wonderful 101.
  • Bravely Default 1+2 announced for the Switch.
  • The World Ends With You gets a release date. ( given the S-E have their own presser this year, both this and my previous bet may show up there instead ) 
  • Rabbids DLC gets shadow dropped.
  • Hollow Knight gets shadow dropped.
  • Link's Awakening 3DS remake to be announced and shown on the Treehouse section of the show.
  • Surprisingly strong 3rd party support is shown.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

My bets are:

• The Direct opens with Retros game, with the end of the year being it's release date.
  • Fire Emblem shown and announced for release at the end of the year.
  • Smash gets a September release date to launch alongside the online service.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy to be released on the Switch to drum up excitement for MP4.
  • Bayonetta 3 fully shown off.
  • Wii U ports announced, namely New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi U, Xenoblade Chronicles X and The Wonderful 101.
  • Bravely Default 1+2 announced for the Switch.
  • The World Ends With You gets a release date. ( given the S-E have their own presser this year, both this and my previous bet may show up there instead ) 
  • Rabbids DLC gets shadow dropped.
  • Hollow Knight gets shadow dropped.
  • Link's Awakening 3DS remake to be announced and shown on the Treehouse section of the show.
  • Surprisingly strong 3rd party support is shown.

Is it sad that nothing from that list except Smash and MP4 would excite me? 

Sign in to follow this