NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo E3 Spoiler/Leak Thread

With many leaks and spoilers kicking about in the run up to E3, a couple of people have expressed they would like this place to remain spoiler free. That being the case, please refrain from posting any leaks, rumours or spoilers about up and coming games in the main areas of the forum. This topic is to be used to freely post and discuss these things, so any leaks relating to Nintendo should be posted in here.

• Thanks 6

I may as well throw a couple of things in here that are apparent leaks and rumours.

E3Leak.jpg

Although it’s safe to be skeptical of 4chan leaks, we have a few reasons to believe that this one is legitimate. For one, we’ve heard separately from a person familiar with upcoming Switch games that Dragon Ball FighterZ was planned for the system. The Twitter account for Killer Queen, an indie arcade strategy game released in 2013, has also changed all of its images to black.

A source familiar with Epic Games’ plans, speaking anonymously to protect their career, also told Kotaku earlier this week that Fortnite would be coming to Switch. Epic Games did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Destructoid also think this leak is real.

We're confident this rumor is accurate. During the E3 scheduling process, we've received embargoed confirmation of other titles on this list. Thus, we're inclined to believe the veracity of this leak.

Also, the guy who leaked Fallout 76 months ago apparently posted this as well.

foiPsua.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

If that list is true, it would mean my favorite Nintendo E3 showing in a very long time! F-Zero, Punch out, Star Fox, Smash, Fir Emblem and Metroid is a very “Core” focused showing. Fortnite and Fallout are also more mature titles.

The last decade the focus was much more family and/or casual oriented.

I’d take that all day long, honestly. 

If the majority of that stuff comes between this E3 and the next one, that still leaves potential for big hitters like Bayonetta 3, Pikmin 4, Mario Kart 9 (would a reveal next year be too soon for that?) the more-core-than-Let’s Go-which-is-also-core-but-not-really-core core series Pokémon Switch game, and Animal Crossing for next year. And probably a Super Mario Bros. title. That sounds both realistic and awesome, at least to me.

I just hope that they’re a bit more consistent in releasing their tentpole titles than they have been so far this year (it definitely looks like the next six months are going to be saturated with potentially great games), and/or that we see more third parties finally get in on the act and reveal their games that have been hashed out in just over two years come next E3. 

I don't know... Yoshi's Flipping Island is such an amazing name that I think it's too good to be true.

It shows Smash and Metroid as being developed by Bandai Namco 

Fzero as developed by Platinum (who I think have no racer experience).

Star Fox developed by Retro. 

Those would all be some VERY odd changes I think. I’d go with the list being 50/50 on legitimate info and bullshit thrown at the wall just because. 

4 minutes ago, Nolan said:

It shows Smash and Metroid as being developed by Bandai Namco 

Fzero as developed by Platinum (who I think have no racer experience).

Star Fox developed by Retro. 

Those would all be some VERY odd changes I think. I’d go with the list being 50/50 on legitimate info and bullshit thrown at the wall just because. 

Star Fox is the rumored Retro game and isn't it pretty much confirmed at this point that Namco are making those games?

I honestly have no idea. I haven’t followed the news obviously, so that stuff all jumped out at me. 

First party wise, that'd be a pretty good showing from Nintendo if those rumoured games are true. Regardless of the development teams behind them, it would show a big commitment to the core audience who've purchased the Switch. There are questions about whether the likes of Bandai Namco could do Metroid Prime justice, whether Platinum could match F Zero GX (especially without that team being around at Sega) and what Retro could pull out the bag for Star Fox (yes, they did incredible work with Metroid and Donkey Kong but Star Fox is a little trickier to nail down given the general reaction to Adventures).

Still, that would be half the battle won for Nintendo. Sadly, the leaked stuff regarding third parties doesn't exactly do much for me and doesn't say much for third party support. Sure, if they got Fortnite it would be a huge scoop but I suspect if the document by someone at Iron Galaxy is correct (and the subsequent rebuttal of it), it may be a port of the mobile version. If it runs well, and receives updates alongside the other versions, then it'll get it's share of the Fortnite audience.

But there needs to be more from third parties than a remaster of Fallout 3, Wolfenstein, Crash and the obligatory minimal effort sports titles from 2K and EA. I'm hoping there's more, especially from Ubisoft (and not merely Just Dance). There'll obviously be an indie presentation through E3 week; I believe there was one last year so unless there's something really big that they've got the scoop on (and I can't think of anything that would fit that bill, maybe something like Subnautica) I suspect most of the indie announcements won't appear during the main Nintendo Showcase. So for me, I need to see more third party titles, especially to make the Switch something I want to hold on to.

As it is though, the Showcase should be decent if it falls in line with those rumours.

If this list is true then third parties are leaving money on the table not releasing their biggest titles on the platform. If it’s due to technical limitations, fair enough, but if it’s for other reasons it’s just bad business.

The Switch demographic buys a lot of games. Not only first party, but also third party Indies and Studio games.

I'm not that interested in the titles from the first image. The 2nd works better as an E3 list.

Dragonball Fighter Z - Pretty cool, eventhough I'm far from a Dragonball fan, quite the opposite. this is the only one I may make an exception for, that said, plenty of other fighters to choose from..
Fortnite - Meh. Somewhat interested, but an announcement wouldn't blow me away.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Interested, but already announced, and not high priority.
Fifa 19 - Barely any interest. I might get into Fifa some day, but it's definitely not high on my list.
Killer Queen Black - I dunno what this is. I googled some gameplay footage of the original game, doesn't look interesting.
Starlink - Battle for Atlas - Never was really interested in this. Maybe it's come a long way since the last time we've seen it, but so far no interest.
Paladins - Somewhat interested, but no hype.
Overcooked 2 - Nice, but I haven't even been able to play the first in a multiplayer setting. Now if it includes online, I'm interested.
Mario Tennis Aces - Obviously very much looking forward to it, but no hype as it's now simply a matter of waiting until the game releases.

Second image:

Miscellaneous games - Miscellaneous opinions..
Smash - Would love to see more, already hyped.
Punch Out - Never had any interest in any of the Punch Out games.
Metroid Prime - Automatic hype.
Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion - Little hype since I already bought the dlc, and now I'm just playing the waiting game. That said, I would love a shadow drop?
Fire Emblem - Automatic hype.
Fallout 3 Anniversary - I would have no interest in this game whatsoever, if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't seem to play (well?) on Windows 7. I've played it, never finished it, but for some reason I can never get it to reinstall succesfully. I'll try again at some point, but I may double dip (if this rumour is correct), for support and convenience.
Yoshi - Hype is long gone, but I'm still looking forward to it. Maybe it's looking better than ever.
Pokémon - Meh, it's already announced. Maybe they can officially clear up the online situation once and for all. :indeed:
F-Zero - Somewhat interested, but no hype. I prefer Extreme G. or Wipe Out.
Fortnite - See above.
Star Fox - If the other Grand Prix rumours are true, then I'd be truly disappointed. I have no interest in such a game whatsoever. If they announce a proper Star Fox game however, than hype!

Edited by Sméagol

Just to say I've pinned this one to the top of the forum so that it can be seen easily throughout the E3 period and by posters coming to the forum especially when activity and many different topics may be springing up. Thanks for starting the topic @Hero of Time

5 hours ago, Rummy said:

Just to say I've pinned this one to the top of the forum so that it can be seen easily throughout the E3 period and by posters coming to the forum especially when activity and many different topics may be springing up. Thanks for starting the topic @Hero of Time

You might as well sticky the "regular" E3 thread in that case.

There seems to be even more evidence of Fortnite, although I wouldn't know how to verify this. But it seems like 99% confirmed at this point, if this twit is to be believed.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Yeah, I agree.

The E3 2018 thread over in General Gaming Discussion has been up since mid-February, and is already up-to-date with the times and dates for every conference coming our way this E3. ::shrug:

I was actually talking about the new Nintendo E3 thread, I prefer not to mix them..

Too add to the Fortnite rumour, this looks to be the Switch home icon:

I posted this rumour in the General thread but it may be relevant to the Switch so i'll plonk it in here, as well.

Gematsu has discovered tov10th.tales-ch.jp—a password-protected website presumably for the Tales of Vesperia remaster Gematsu has heard is in production in celebration of the RPG’s 10th anniversary. 

Gematsu heard from multiple sources that Bandai Namco will announce the Tales of Vesperia remaster at E3 2018, which runs from June 12 to 14 in Los Angeles.

There were rumours of a Tales coming to the Switch and this could be it. However, Phil Spencer said that MS were looking to get more Japanese support for their console and seeing as the game was originally a Xbox exclusive, this could be a big get for them if this version is also exclusive. On the other hand, the Tales series has had great success on the Playstation platform in recent years and they may want to continue that trend.

It may be that this gets a release on all 3 platforms, which would makes sense. It ran fine on the Xbox 360 and PS3 ( Japan only version ) so the Switch could easily handle the game.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sméagol said:

You might as well sticky the "regular" E3 thread in that case.

There seems to be even more evidence of Fortnite, although I wouldn't know how to verify this. But it seems like 99% confirmed at this point, if this twit is to be believed.

Quite happy to do so if everyone thinks it's sensible! Essentially in my head I was thinking best not to end up with a two thread system, thus the idea being that essentially every other thread should be spoiler free as the alternative is marked as such, generally because the spoiler E3 topic is pinned at top? Just the way I saw it, cos I'd like to encourage more smaller threads(imagine two megathreads and people who aren't fussed about certain titles missing content within) but I'm open to thoughts! Essentially I was thinking a general 'spoiler-free forum' on the whole with a 'all spoilers here' complimentary. Obvs back in the day the boards and new thread creation used to get shut down heavy, just thinking of something midground that isn't that but also still keeps the spoiler-averse safe!

(Soz to the spoilers themselves but you have no safe place in nerdy society if you do not understand E3 on a message board and post them in other threads - you just get the one place for it :p )

The Fallout game everyone was waiting for has been announced for the Switch. Yes, Fallout Shelter is available now for free on the eShop (and on PS4 for those interested).

Not quite what many would want but there may still be hope of an announcement of the Fallout 3 remaster during Nintendo's presentation but I'm not seeing it happen. Don't see Bethesda letting Nintendo announce a multiplatform title, even with their good working relationship. I could be wrong though.

• Haha 2

Amazon UK have a bunch of 3DS games ready to go.  Link's Awakening 3DS remake. Make it happen!!

Sign in to follow this