Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Fortnite

Recommended Posts

I'm enjoying this, but I don't like how you have to pay for the things that you have unlocked. If you unlock something, you shouldn't then need currency to open it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like mainstream news outlets are now picking up on the story of Sony blocking players accounts. Both BBC and Sky News are reporting on it. This is certainly going to put some heat on Sony to sort out this mess,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sony don’t stop being cuntish, I think Epic should offer V-Bucks to those who have had to setup new Accounts to play on Switch.

You'd email Epic both your Switch-linked & PSN-linked Accounts and they should give the Switch Account V-Bucks up to the value of what’s been spent on the PSN-linked Account - I think that’s pretty reasonable given future purchases won’t cross accounts.

 

I can’t think of any reason for Sony not to allow the Save Data being shared between consoles other than they don’t want people spending money on the micro-transactions on other platforms.

Edited by Kav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kav said:

I can’t think of any reason for Sony not to allow the Save Data being shared between consoles other than they don’t want people spending money on the micro-transactions on other platforms.

That's basically the reason. I've seen plenty of people abandon plans to play it on Switch because of this, so mission accomplished as far as Sony "For the players" is concerned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Sony has yet to confirm it is responsible for the constraint, but it issued the following statement to the BBC.

"We're always open to hearing what the PlayStation community is interested in to enhance their gaming experience," it said.

"With... more than 80 million monthly active users on PlayStation Network, we've built a huge community of gamers who can play together on Fortnite and all online titles.

"We also offer Fortnite cross-play support with PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, expanding the opportunity for Fortnite fans on PS4 to play with even more gamers on other platforms."

"We have nothing further to add beyond this at this point," a spokeswoman added.

Oh, Sony. Y u do dis?

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no doubt that its probably Sony's fault due to their stance on cross platform play but the actual account linking issue will be Epic. Sony would have no control over that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked this out in portable mode yesterday, and man... Found it to be pretty much unplayable! :shakehead
Small screen combined with big world map/draw distance = can't see shit. :heh: Text is basically illegible as well.

Anyway, played a few more games docked after that, and I have to say I think it's actually starting to click for me now. :hehe: As someone that traditionally doesn't care for stealth gameplay mechanics, I find myself enjoying taking that approach in this. Sneaking around more and being patient has also improved my performance quite a bit, so I've been making it to the later stages of matches more often, and that's definitely when things get much more interesting. ;)

Still not a huge fan of the building feature, in fact, I think tactically it's better not to do it (unless you really need to) as it just gives away your position to everyone else. I prefer to use the existing terrain for cover, and find that I get ambushed or sniped far less as a result.
Speaking of sniping, I was trying to get a kill using a sniper rifle yesterday (as it was one of the daily tasks) but it took me quite a while, as the low frame rate on distant players is super jarring! Got there in the end though, funnily enough on someone who had just revealed their location by building themselves a nice little tower. :heh: It was fun watching all of their collected items (they had a lot) sliding off it afterwards. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Still not a huge fan of the building feature, in fact, I think tactically it's better not to do it (unless you really need to) as it just gives away your position to everyone else. I prefer to use the existing terrain for cover, and find that I get ambushed or sniped far less as a result.

I couldn't get along with the building feature either, its why I ended up sticking with PUBG for my battle royale game. From what I've seen though it is necessary in that game if you want to do really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I couldn't get along with the building feature either, its why I ended up sticking with PUBG for my battle royale game. From what I've seen though it is necessary in that game if you want to do really well.

Yeah, I admire the dexterity of players that are able to use it mid-gunfight, it's pretty impressive to see someone basically constructing an elaborate shield in real-time. :cool: But it's definitely not for me. #toooldforthisshit :grin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

...but the actual account linking issue will be Epic. Sony would have no control over that.

If you look at the text on the message the game displays it specifically says it’s as a result of the Account being “associated with a platform which does not allow it to operate on Switch.”

Its very much on Sony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kav said:

If you look at the text on the message the game displays it specifically says it’s as a result of the Account being “associated with a platform which does not allow it to operate on Switch.”

Its very much on Sony.

I know its Sony, I said that. I was talking more technically than anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happenstance said:

I know its Sony, I said that. I was talking more technically than anything.

I don’t think there’s a problem technically, they’ve no issue with other platforms sharing the Epic Account.

That it states “a platform which does not allow” that doesn’t suggest any technical issues - otherwise they’d look to resolve it, but they say they cannot.

I reckon it’s part of Sony’s contractual agreement with Epic. I think it’s simply a care of Sony want all micro-transactions taking place on their platform and  it on their direct competitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kav said:

I don’t think there’s a problem technically, they’ve no issue with other platforms sharing the Epic Account.

That it states “a platform which does not allow” that doesn’t suggest any technical issues - otherwise they’d look to resolve it, but they say they cannot.

I reckon it’s part of Sony’s contractual agreement with Epic. I think it’s simply a care of Sony want all micro-transactions taking place on their platform and  it on their direct competitors.

:laughing: I don't mean its not technically possible and that's the problem. I mean that its something Epic have agreed to with Sony and on a technical level they are the ones who have implemented it, that's all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy that i'm able to play this without the PS4 fans sounding like they are about to launch into orbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Looks like a pretty damn good port! Holds up really well! (900p is also better than expected!)

 

No doubt it'll also get better over time, like the other versions have.  It's a great bedtime game!

Edited by Dcubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Looks like a pretty damn good port! Holds up really well! (900p is also better than expected!)

No doubt it'll also get better over time, like the other versions have.

I'm really enjoying it! My only complaint is the framerate on players in the distance. It's shockingly bad. Like 5 FPS. It's almost impossible to line up a decent shot because of this. 

The art style is cool, but also not a patch on Nintendo's stuff. It looks pants in comparison to Splatoon 2, for example. These aee minor complaints though, the game is really fun and I'm really glad it's on Switch. Looking forward to the improvements. 

Finished second last night in a battle royal and it was deliciously tense. The guy came out the storm and sniped me from behind. Heinously dishonorable, but it was good fun. Seems like it's tough as nails to actually win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not bad, but it does have some issues.  There's a hell of a lot of "dead air" time where you're just running around looking for stuff/other players and I also really struggle to make out who are team members and who are bad guys (the game really doesn't make it very clear who's on the opposing team in 50 v 50!).   I am having fun with it though.  I can see myself dipping in and out of it from time to time, especially if they add gyro controls!

 

The microtransactions are also entirely cosmetic and not very intrusive, which is good.

Edited by Dcubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I also really struggle to make out who are team members and who are bad guys (the game really doesn't make it very clear who's on the opposing team in 50 v 50!). 

Took me a while to figure this out too, team members have a white arrow above their heads. Opposition don't.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried getting into this tonight but I just can't find the fun in it.

I managed to find two weapons in 10 games. I spent the majority of the time hacking things with a pick axe and the rest of the time running around pretty much aimlessly trying to avoid other players with their automatic weapons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DuD said:

I managed to find two weapons in 10 games.

How?

If you land at the right places you can get 2-4 weapons in 30 seconds. Never land in open spaces. Choose one of the named locations at first to get used to looting, then you can start landing at more "exotic" places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's strange how most of us on here don't really feel this game, yet there are kids literally wetting themselves in front of their TV as they don't want to stop playing the game for one second. 

Maybe it's an age thing. :grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's strange how most of us on here don't really feel this game, yet there are kids literally wetting themselves in front of their TV as they don't want to stop playing the game for one second. 
Maybe it's an age thing. :grin:
 
I'm certainly getting a grumpy old man vibe from a lot of people in here.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pff...I'm 28 and have no problems with Fortnite.

All of you are just filthy casuals :p

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this