NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Fortnite

On 9/27/2018 at 12:38 PM, Daft said:

I don't deny Sony held things up, but why is that a bad thing?

like I said, Fortnite is a pretty homogenised experience, but what about my Warframe example?

If cross-play/progression/commerce makes sense, then it is worth doing properly. So either this is just another singular exception (and a PR stunt), or it marks real change to all cross-platform games.

So, which one do you think it is?

From what I've heard there are no plans for them to open it up to other games, for example FIFA which is one of the few games comparable in size to Fortnite, so it's a one-off from Sony because they were getting bad press and likely because they thought the limitation was detrimental to sales of their console.

From what I've heard there are no plans for them to open it up to other games, for example FIFA which is one of the few games comparable in size to Fortnite, so it's a one-off from Sony because they were getting bad press and likely because they thought the limitation was detrimental to sales of their console.
It's probably because Fortnite is free, so it makes little difference to Sony which system people are downloading it on. With Fifa, they want to make sure people are buying it for the PS4 so they can play it with their friends on PSN, and they get the money from game sale.

On 9/28/2018 at 3:53 PM, Charlie said:

Then who gives a shit? It's just one stupid game. One game gets cross-play/save? And that's it? Forgive me for not praising or damning Sony for an utterly pointless gesture. Wake me up when cross-play is standard across all games.

We will update the community once we have more details to share, including more specifics regarding the beta timeframe, and what this means for other titles going forward.

'Other titles'. Am I hallucinating this statement? What have you heard that point to the contrary?

Edited by Daft

New island, who dis?

Anyone tried it out yet? I just put in an hour and I had a blast. The new island feels a lot like Hyrule in Breath of the Wild to me. For some reason I was really great In this session and managed to place second in my last solo match, despite not playing for months and not playing on the new island.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:41 AM, Tim B said:

New island, who dis?

Anyone tried it out yet? I just put in an hour and I had a blast. The new island feels a lot like Hyrule in Breath of the Wild to me. For some reason I was really great In this session and managed to place second in my last solo match, despite not playing for months and not playing on the new island.

Yeah I got a strong BotW feel from the last season too. Filling in the map this season I definitely felt the same! Had the same experience of doing quite well and winning a couple recently - the ranking and bot have definitevly helped without making it feel tooo cheap. Nice that they've stripped back a lot of the gubbins that made the first game season pretty inaccessible / a bit of a mess at times. It's fun!

New island, who dis?
That's probably because the game puts bots in now so many people win a lot more.

They added bots to this?! I had no idea! No wonder it felt a whole lot easier. I would rarely kill anyone successfully in the old version but now I can regularly manage 3-5 kills in a match no problem.

9 hours ago, Tim B said:

They added bots to this?! I had no idea! No wonder it felt a whole lot easier. I would rarely kill anyone successfully in the old version but now I can regularly manage 3-5 kills in a match no problem.

Anyone still place this? I've really got into squads but would be much more fun without randoms and with voice chat 

Yeah you know what, this is actually a better place for this post, so I'll delete the other one.

####

Allright, time to delete my epic account. Figured this was the best thread to post this, as I don't want to open a new one for it.

I received a mysterious card in the mail today, and I couldn't figure out what is was at first. But I did some more googling, and it looks like I found it. I have received analogue spam from Epic.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/05/people_have_been_receiving_weird_fortnite_postcards_in_the_mail_and_theyre_not_sure_why

What's weird is that mine's French for some reason. I initially liked the mystery, was maybe thinking it was from some kickstarter, but this is disappointing. I haven't touched Fortnite in a long time, and will never touch it again, and I don't appreciate big companies sending me unsollicited spam through actual old-fashioned mail (even more than digital spam).

But I can't believe the effort and money they put into this.. Why the hell send me some mysterious card all the way from Chicago?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah you know what, this is actually a better place for this post, so I'll delete the other one.

####

Allright, time to delete my epic account. Figured this was the best thread to post this, as I don't want to open a new one for it.

I received a mysterious card in the mail today, and I couldn't figure out what is was at first. But I did some more googling, and it looks like I found it. I have received analogue spam from Epic.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/05/people_have_been_receiving_weird_fortnite_postcards_in_the_mail_and_theyre_not_sure_why

What's weird is that mine's French for some reason. I initially liked the mystery, was maybe thinking it was from some kickstarter, but this is disappointing. I haven't touched Fortnite in a long time, and will never touch it again, and I don't appreciate big companies sending me unsollicited spam through actual old-fashioned mail (even more than digital spam).

But I can't believe the effort and money they put into this.. Why the hell send me some mysterious card all the way from Chicago?

Oh, that was Epic doing that? I heard about it around the net. Would explain why I never got one. Never had an account.

Thought this was going to be a reminder about the impending release of the Fortnite themed joy-cons.

8 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I don't remember putting my address in during the Epic sign-up process which would make this even more questionable. In fact, I'm pretty sure I signed into Epic via my Nintendo account and I would really hope Nintendo aren't sharing personal information with them... not that I read the small print to check. Well, thanks for the heads up. I'll report back if the postman brings anything. :shakehead 

8 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I don't remember putting my address in during the Epic sign-up process which would make this even more questionable. In fact, I'm pretty sure I signed into Epic via my Nintendo account and I would really hope Nintendo aren't sharing personal information with them... not that I read the small print to check. Well, thanks for the heads up. I'll report back if the postman brings anything. :shakehead 

That's the problem, I don't remember it either. Rumours say Epic got the info from Iam8bit, and I have ordered there before. If true, this is a privacy disaster in my opinion, and may deserve its own thread, but I don't think anything's confirmed at this point, so I'll wait until there's more to go on.

It seems like iam8bit are the main source of the personal data used for this spam campaign, with potentially a couple of other sources. 

Perhaps send a Subject Access Request to iam8bit to find out the information they have on you and who it was shared with.

Sign in to follow this