NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Fortnite

5 minutes ago, Mr_Odwin said:

I had to dash off to drop my daughter at something. I wanted to drop you a message to tell you where I'd gone, but I don;t think I have you on FB or messenger or ...

No problem. I tried messaging you via Fortnite game chat but it gave me an error.

On 25/07/2018 at 4:29 PM, Mr_Odwin said:

Motion controls work great with joycons but they're totally broken when using a pro controller. It's a travesty....

I’ve just given it a go with the Pro Controller... holy shit that’s awful!

How on earth have they got that so wrong? It’s broken!

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

I’ve just given it a go with the Pro Controller... holy shot that’s awful!
How on earth have they got that so wrong? It’s broken!
It went well till the first enemy encounter.... I had to switch it off. So it's good with joycons?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Kounan said:

It went well till the first enemy encounter.... I had to switch it off. So it's good with joycons?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

To be honest I’ve not used it without them being attached to the console itself.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Read the full thread for this

giphy.gif

Urgh, that's horrible. I'm certain that this practice takes place quite often in the tabloid gutter press, but it's shit to hear the details about it in this instance. Wish that they had published that Team Rocket story, though!

Sorry @Clownferret I was on my commute and just reaching my stop so had to come off.

Its not often I’ll be able to squad up unless I’m on late in the evening.

On 16/08/2018 at 7:17 PM, Kav said:

Sorry @Clownferret I was on my commute and just reaching my stop so had to come off.

Its not often I’ll be able to squad up unless I’m on late in the evening.

No worries. Squads is brilliant you need to get involved

35 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

No worries. Squads is brilliant you need to get involved

Yeah I know, I play squads on the PS4 when I’m gaming at home (which isn’t often these days).

15 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Apparently they disabled video capture. :(

Hopefully temporary.

Was just reading about this, as one of the Epic games devs posted this on reddit:

Hey there,

Thanks for bringing this up! We disabled Video Capture for the Nintendo Switch for performance and stability reasons when we did the client update for v5.40.2. We've been seeing a high rate of crashes due to Out of Memory issues and disabling this feature will save a large amount of RAM to help solve for that. This also helps with overall performance across the board, leading to a smoother in-game experience. We've since added a line mentioning this to the Patch Notes.

We are also considering the possibility of making this feature optional in the future for those players who don't mind taking a performance hit.

link

I'm really surprised they backed down now, the heat had basically died down as far as media coverage goes so I think they could have got away without giving in but it's good to know that player opinion can change the minds of a company as stubborn as Sony. 

You say the backed down, but these things take time to implement and this beta is going live today. I'm not saying they weren't pushed into doing this, but cross-play is not a simple matter and if it is to be rolled out across more titles it needs a measured approach, especially since this isn't just cross-play, it's 'cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems'.

Now if they could sort Keyboard and Mouse support out, we'd be golden.

I like the irony of having the news posted in separate topics in Nintendo Gaming and Other Consoles.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Daft said:

You say the backed down, but these things take time to implement and this beta is going live today. I'm not saying they weren't pushed into doing this, but cross-play is not a simple matter and if it is to be rolled out across more titles it needs a measured approach, especially since this isn't just cross-play, it's 'cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems'.

Now if they could sort Keyboard and Mouse support out, we'd be golden.

Epic had previously unlocked cross-play on PS4 Fortnite ages ago but had to lock it under the instruction of Sony. It was possible months ago.

I’m very glad they changed their tune.

The Fortnite Team doing some good customer service too:

14 hours ago, Kav said:

Epic had previously unlocked cross-play on PS4 Fortnite ages ago but had to lock it under the instruction of Sony. It was possible months ago.

I’m very glad they changed their tune.

Right, but that's not my point. If I buy a Season Pass on PSN, does it work for my XBL and for my Nintendo Switch? And if it does, who gets my money from the Season Pass? Sony? Okay, but Microsoft have a discount on V-bucks, so I'm going to buy it on XBL and use it on my Switch.

That's just one game with a relatively homogenised system in place, but take Warframe for example, if I sell an item on one system to someone on another system...then I've just put money in the pocket of a competitor. 

I'm going to play Destiny on Xbox, but I'm going to use my Playstation exclusive gun... and Bungie have accidentally made this gun a bit too OP, but now I have an unfair advantage. Obviously Bungie is at fault...but it's going to tilt people.

I'm going to play Overwatch on Xbox because Microsoft support Keyboard and Mouse, except that isn't supported on Playstation... I don't need to explain this one (but I will say K&M should be a standard option in all games and matchmaking should take into account input device).

But what about when it comes to reporting people for abuse? Or party chat? Or sending messages? What about game invites? Cross-game cross-platform invite?

The legals of signing into PSN has, up until this point, only had to concern itself with other PSN users – who all sign the same agreement. But how does that have to change to accommodate another network of gamers with its own T&Cs? 

Clearly, it's not too hard, but it was never simply about the flip of a switch IF this is meant to be rolled out into more games. 

And, this isn't just cross-play. It's 'cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce'.

I too am happy that Sony have come around, but I would hardly call them slow on the up take – how long have Xbox and Switch players been playing together? About four months. I'd hardly say that was long when the real aim is standardised cross-play across both/all networks.

I mean, the Fortnite cross-play is still in Beta. If it was as easy as flipping a switch, why would we even need that?

We've had numerous cross-platform games before, so why is this different? It's either a pointless PR stunt for everyone, or we're actually looking at a more open way to play, and that has a lot of logistical and legal implications.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daft said:

I too am happy that Sony have come around, but I would hardly call them slow on the up take – how long have Xbox and Switch players been playing together? About four months. I'd hardly say that was long when the real aim is standardised cross-play across both/all networks.

Since Day 1 when Fortnite launched on the Switch.

1 minute ago, Charlie said:

Since Day 1 when Fortnite launched on the Switch.

So less than four months.

19 minutes ago, Daft said:

So less than four months.

Yes but they managed it on Day 1. All the issues you mentioned weren't issue or were resolved. The game has been out for a year on Xbox and PS4 now. It was completely Sony holding things up because they didn't want cross-play.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Yes but they managed it on Day 1. All the issues you mentioned weren't issue or were resolved. The game has been out for a year on Xbox and PS4 now. It was completely Sony holding things up because they didn't want cross-play.

I don't deny Sony held things up, but why is that a bad thing?

like I said, Fortnite is a pretty homogenised experience, but what about my Warframe example?

If cross-play/progression/commerce makes sense, then it is worth doing properly. So either this is just another singular exception (and a PR stunt), or it marks real change to all cross-platform games.

So, which one do you think it is?

21 hours ago, Clownferret said:

Can you select cross platform or same platform or is it automatic 

I believe it's automatic.

Sign in to follow this