NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Fortnite

Not to be outdone by Walmart, the Korean Game Ratings Board has leaked Fortnite on Switch.

Only a matter of time really.

Good get for the Switch. The game is insanely popular right now and it will help push their online service forward. 

This is in the general Switch discussion thread; might be worth keeping thibgs like this that aren't officially announced in there in spoiler tags before e3 for those who don't want the whole thing ruined :)

1 minute ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

This is in the general Switch discussion thread; might be worth keeping thibgs like this that aren't officially announced in there in spoiler tags before e3 for those who don't want the whole thing ruined :)

Yeah, I only noticed it was posted there after I made the topic. Sorry. I'll keep that in mind in future.

Yeah starting threads only after official reveals would be better, keen to avoid as many spoilers as possible.

The game will launch at 5pm EST or 9pm UTC - that's 10pm in the UK.

Developer Epic Games confirmed it's the same game as on other platforms - same map, content and weekly updates.

And as expected: No cross-play with PS4. ::shrug:

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

And as expected: No cross-play with PS4. ::shrug:

Yeah, they apparently refused to allow it....again.

Im looking forward to finally giving this a whirl.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Im looking forward to finally giving this a whirl.

Why haven't you played it on the PS4, yet?

All of you Switch only owners yet to try this - enjoy! I haven't been into an online shooter since the days of Halo 3 but this one is really special.. sucked up a tonne of my time in the past few months

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Why haven't you played it on the PS4, yet?

It's been out for a long time on the other platforms and I would be playing catch up. I'll be starting from scratch with a lot of others on this. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

It's been out for a long time on the other platforms and I would be playing catch up. I'll be starting from scratch with a lot of others on this. 

Good point. Wreck those casuals :p

• Haha 1

By the way: Friendly advice (@Glen-i JUST advice) to all the newcomers:

Get used to building. Enable the "Builder Pro" controls and practice. I've neglected building at first and got my ass handed to me.

Having the high ground is everything in this game, so build build build :D

Edit: Best mode to practice right now: 50v50.

Two teams of 50 players (duh), you have enough time to gather materials/weapons/ammo and move to the circle to enter a huge fight. Watch others build, try to build and just have fun :)

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Downloading it now. I never tried it, never seen much of it but I know my smaller brother enjoys it (on PS4 so no playing against him).

It has now appeared on the E-shop. I'm downloading it right now.

8 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

So I keep seeing that it’s a ‘free’ game. What’s that about?

It's free to play.

You can buy in game currency (V bucks) and with that acquire cosmetics (skins, emotes/dances, pick-axe designs, etc; nothing game altering).

For 10€ you can also buy the so called "Battle Pass". It includes 100 tiers: each will give you one "item" (cosmetics, XP bonus, ingame currency, etc.). You get weekly challenges (3 "hard" ones that give you one tier each, and 4 "easy" ones that give you half a tier). You get one challenge each day (for half a tier), too.
There's also an XP system which gives you options to customize certain skins.

I don't recommend buying the Pass right now, though. It's a limited event called "Season". Each season lasts 10 weeks. And there are only 4 more weeks left.

By the way: If you reach a certain tier (I think this season it was around 60), you have earned enough V bucks to buy the Battle Pass for the next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It's free to play.

You can buy in game currency (V bucks) and with that acquire cosmetics (skins, emotes/dances, pick-axe designs, etc; nothing game altering).

For 10€ you can also buy the so called "Battle Pass". It includes 100 tiers: each will give you one "item" (cosmetics, XP bonus, ingame currency, etc.). You get weekly challenges (3 "hard" ones that give you one tier each, and 4 "easy" ones that give you half a tier). You get one challenge each day (for half a tier), too.
There's also an XP system which gives you options to customize certain skins.

I don't recommend buying the Pass right now, though. It's a limited event called "Season". Each season lasts 10 weeks. And there are only 4 more weeks left.

By the way: If you reach a certain tier (I think this season it was around 60), you have earned enough V bucks to buy the Battle Pass for the next season.

Ahh cool thanks. Interesting setup but sounds pretty good! Will download it now. 

Just now, Aneres11 said:

Ahh cool thanks. Interesting setup but sounds pretty good! Will download it now. 

I wasn't too keen on the Battle Pass system, but I decided to pay some money because the game is such a blast. Have to say: It's pretty cool to get some challenges which require you to switch up your playstyle from time to time (e.g. kill enemies with a certain type of weapons, kill enemies in a certain location, etc.) and get some rewards, even though they are nothing but zeroes and ones :D

• Like 1

I think we're all missing the bigger megaton here...

This game has Voice Chat!

As in, you can just plug in a headset type voice chat.

Monster Hunter better have it as well now.

• Like 1

Just had a quick go. I didn't really get it haha. I played a couple of team matches and then was sat watching for a while and got bored so quit out and went again. Then did a single play one where it's every man for themselves. Got down to like the last 30 and then apparently I killed myself? I was looking round the map but couldn't see anyone (it's a big map). 

Bit strange. I also don't understand the building side of it. I think it's my age. :cry:

3 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Got down to like the last 30 and then apparently I killed myself? I was looking round the map but couldn't see anyone (it's a big map).

Probably got sniped? The kill feed on the lower left corner shows who killed you and how.

Bit strange. I also don't understand the building side of it. I think it's my age. :cry:

Yeah, it's difficult at first. I always recommend watching Tfue's gameplay on YouTube. He's insanely good. Plays on PC and is annoying (I don't like his personality, at least the part of it you see during his videos) but it helps to see how he builds, moves, approaches enemies, etc.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Played 2 matches and hated it. Too much going on for my liking. Deleted.

Ha I love this. No messing. But I kinda agree. It is all a bit much straight away. 

Sign in to follow this