NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Gold Coin Collection 2018

Another silly thread. Anyone else saving up their gold coins?

After spending all the gold coins about to expire in March, I've decided to save up my coins from that point, and spend 'm all in a frivolous spending frenzy at the end of the year, most likely in the Christmas sale. Could be fun to compare our "free" gold coin purchases at the end of the year.

Current Gold Coin Collection Rankings (final)

01] 3439 SMBCoin.gif - Emerald Emblem
  02] 2802 SMBCoin.gif - Sméagol

03] 1507 SMBCoin.gif - Ike
 04]  882 SMBCoin.gif - RedShell

05]  748 SMBCoin.gif - londragon
06]  680 SMBCoin.gif - martinist
07]  661 SMBCoin.gif - Vileplume2000
08]  656 SMBCoin.gif - Glen-i

09]  400 SMBCoin.gif - ArtMediocre
10]  398 SMBCoin.gif - BowserBasher
11]  249 SMBCoin.gif - Kounan
12]  120 SMBCoin.gif - bob
13]  114 SMBCoin.gif - Ugh first aid
14]   48 SMBCoin.gif - markderoos
▼ 15]   42 SMBCoin.gif - Nicktendo

16]    SMBCoin.gif - Dcubed

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

Fun idea! I'm gonna shoot for the moon!

0HTVdiS.png

Let's see you get lower than THAT!

• Weird 1

j3gdMQH.png

Fear my banana coin hoard!!! (bear in mind that this is all pre-coin devaluation!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weird 1

fSlDQ4K.jpg

I used some recently though as they were about to expire. ' ^ ' My Mii doesn't care though she's just happy that I logged on for the first time in ages. 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

I have no photographic proof, but I thought I would beat @Glen-i's low point easily.  Turns out I have 248, not quite sure how that happened??  You don't get Gold Coins for review codes anymore.  Plus, if this weekend proves to me that Mario Tennis is a stayer, I'll likely pre-order that for double-Gold Coins.  That's right double, an extra 2 pound fifty.

1 hour ago, londragon said:

I have no photographic proof, but I thought I would beat @Glen-i's low point easily.  Turns out I have 248, not quite sure how that happened??  You don't get Gold Coins for review codes anymore.  Plus, if this weekend proves to me that Mario Tennis is a stayer, I'll likely pre-order that for double-Gold Coins.  That's right double, an extra 2 pound fifty.

1] I didn't provide one either.. To be honest I'm just going to take everyone's word for it. :indeed: That said, I'll probably post one at the very end of the year, for the final ranking.
2] Gold Coins for review codes? :confused:
3] Yeah, those who went fully digital have an advantage. I noticed the double points, it's a good deal. But I want a cartridge. To be honest I'm going to need a cartridge, as my fridge is almost full. But that's going to be another thread.

Holy hell @Dcubed, that is impressive! What was the whole thing again with the devaluation?

Anyway, I'm at 257 now, but probably cannot contain myself to hold off until Christmas. Especially not if we see more deals like Steamworld Dig for 90 gold points.

162 here. I’ve been spending them though, oh and Nintendo still owe me 1000 or so, you know... from that time they changed the value and ripped off their most loyal customers. :hehe:

• Weird 1
  • Angry 1

35 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Holy hell @Dcubed, that is impressive! What was the whole thing again with the devaluation?

Anyway, I'm at 257 now, but probably cannot contain myself to hold off until Christmas. Especially not if we see more deals like Steamworld Dig for 90 gold points.

You now get 5x as many coins for your purchases as what you did before they introduced the gold coin exchange programme.  So going by today’s valuation, I should really have 5x that amount of gold coins!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

0HTVdiS.png

Let's see you get lower than THAT!

7 hours ago, Ugh first aid said:

fSlDQ4K.jpg

xJOvXM9.png

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

Just now, markderoos said:

1200 platinum, 48 gold.

Beat you @Glen-i! ;)

What’s the easiest way to attach iPhone screenshots to a post?

I'd tell you, but I won't because you're a big stupid doo-doo head!

I would use imgur...

• Haha 1

I've had about 1000 over time and spent most of them. Currently sat at 262 which I'll spend when something from my wishlist goes on sale.

1]
2] Gold Coins for review codes? :confused:

Back in the Wii U days, so far I can’t remember, when a publisher provided a review code for a game, that said code actually gave you the real amount of Wii U points programme refund, 5%. As if you’d bought the game. I racked up a hell of a lot of discount vouchers just for reviewing games. Sadly, the same is not true on Switch. Type in a review code in the eShop and Gold Coins are forgotten :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, londragon said:

Back in the Wii U days, so far I can’t remember, when a publisher provided a review code for a game, that said code actually gave you the real amount of Wii U points programme refund, 5%. As if you’d bought the game. I racked up a hell of a lot of discount vouchers just for reviewing games. Sadly, the same is not true on Switch. Type in a review code in the eShop and Gold Coins are forgotten :(

I was more confused it was a thing in the first place.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 10:45 AM, markderoos said:

1200 platinum, 48 gold.

Beat you @Glen-i! ;)

What’s the easiest way to attach iPhone screenshots to a post?

Gift for Glen-i

ohsnap.

y4mzREuOS3u-U7drjNcy38UZ8UGL3KI03slcEdwS

• Haha 1
  • Weird 2

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’m in. Put me down for a measly 118 gold coins. 

@Glen-i sliding further towards the ehh middle.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sméagol said:

@Glen-i sliding further towards the ehh middle.

It's a conspiracy! A conspiracy that conspires to doom me to an actual OK performance.

I have 196, because I have accidenatly spent 374 gp yesterday on a game I wanted to pay for as it was on sale..... Damn....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

@Sméagol I would like to update my tally after registering all my games that weren't registered

y1vJfOp.png

that's quite a move up the table.

Update to my coin collection:

xUr8eq7.jpg

We should add the completely pointless platinum coins to the list too, no? ;):heh:

On 14/06/2018 at 1:33 PM, RedShell said:

We should add the completely pointless platinum coins to the list too, no? ;):heh:

Nah. Though I used it as a tie-breaker for Ike and Mark de Roos.

But hey people, @Glen-i is slipping further towards the bottom. We can't have that.

Edited by Sméagol

Sign in to follow this