NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Yoku's Island Express

Some are already enjoying this, while others, like me, are waiting for the physical release on 15 June.

There's also the N-Europe review by @Vileplume2000!

Really looking forward to this. It just looks too adorable, and I love some pinball action.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The music sounds like a weird mash-up between the soundtracks from The Lion King and Loco Roco :D

Put a few hours into this, what a brilliant, gorgeous, fun game. Having a great time with it. To me it's on par with something like Steamworld Dig, and definitely deserves a lot more attention.

• Like 1

Having a blast with this game. 

But the...

Spoiler

beanstalk climb can fuck right off. Amazing that there doesn’t even seem to be a beeline up there to save you having to do it again. Not a big fan of how the sootling swing thing works.

Finished last night on PS4.  What a nice, fun game this was. 

For those who are still on the fence about this game: apparently there is a demo out now. 

I fired it up again this week (finished the game with only 69% completion) so now I'm seeing if I can get close to that 100 percent. It's great to dive into the world again.

16 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I fired it up again this week (finished the game with only 69% completion) so now I'm seeing if I can get close to that 100 percent. 

Why ruin that perfect number?

Eheheheheheheheh...I'm mature.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 3

I posted this in the E-shop thread, but this game apperently has a demo. Get it if you were on the fence, or for some reason was totally unaware of the game.

Funnily enough I completed this game 100% pretty quickly after I got it, I think in 3 sessions or something haha. But there's at least one miniside quest that doesn't count towards the 100%, maybe that's a bug or something (technically the game wasn't perfect, I don't know how much of it was patched in the last update). I have a little spider I need to deliver somewhere.

What’s so great about this game? I’ll download the demo but would be great to hear some impressions! :)

On 03/08/2018 at 9:14 AM, markderoos said:

What’s so great about this game? I’ll download the demo but would be great to hear some impressions! :)

I mean, didn't you watch that trailer? :p

It's just a fun, relaxed, metroidvania light, except all the platforming replaced with (mostly) pinball mechanics. Yoku is adorable, and the whole atmosphere is just tropically whimsical. The only criticism is that it's never really challenging (basically you never get punished, at most you have to redo a section because you fell off a cliff or something), and it's pretty short. But if you like pinball and metroidvanias, this is a no-brainer.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

I started playing this today. Ive only out an hour into it but so far it's not a bad little game. It has a relaxing setting but can be pretty frustrating at times. There's been a couple of times where I could see where I needed to get to but I just couldn't guide the ball where it needed to go and as such I was essentially just going round and round the table until I finally hit the ball just right.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I've just finished and the credits have rolled.

Spoiler

DueOJsOVsAAgW0m?format=jpg&name=medium

Pretty average game, TBH. I'd go as far as to say it's boring. There's certainly some charm to it, at least in terms of its music and visuals, but the gameplay, while unique, didn't really do anything for me.

I'm happy that I did get to experience the game but I'm even happier I didn't pay full price for it. :p 

I guess if you’re not a pinball fan there’s not much else to enjoy as that’s what the gameplay centres around 

Sign in to follow this