Debav6qW4AA9yt4?format=jpg

Debca9gX0AAQwYZ.jpg

Debcb7uW4AAnv3M.jpg

DebcaKwWsAAOnDx.jpg

Thanks, Walmart! No release date yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Well, I’m in.

We didn’t have Mario Kart on the Wii as kids (I know, shame on us), but Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing more than made up for that, and me and my little brother and sister must have sunk hundreds of hours into the game over several summers.

1 minute ago, Julius Caesar said:

Well, I’m in.

We didn’t have Mario Kart on the Wii as kids (I know, shame on us), but Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing more than made up for that, and me and my little brother and sister must have sunk hundreds of hours into the game over several summers.

It was the better game anyway. 

• Like 4

The screenshots look decent, but man, dumping the overarching SEGA characters in favour of an all Sonic cast really strips it of much of the appeal of the previous games.

Also there’s no sign of any other vehicles, implying that they’re going back to the Kart only racing of the first game instead of the superior sequel...

... everything about this game seems like a huge step back from SAASRT... hopefully it’ll still be good though.

• Like 1

Didn't Sega state that it wasn't Sonic Racing??

I enjoyed Transformed when I played it on Xbox so will look further into this when it comes out.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

but man, dumping the overarching SEGA characters in favour of an all Sonic cast really strips it of much of the appeal of the previous games.

Big time.

No Ulala, Amigo, AiAi, Beat, B.D. Joe... :cry:They needed to be keeping all those characters plus adding even more (Yakuza characters would’ve been awesome :D) not reducing it to Sonic only. :blank:

• Sad 1

If its going the Sonic only route, lets hope it continues the trend of bringing old characters back ala Sonic Mania. If Ray, Mighty, Bean, Fang and Bark are added that would be great.

• Thanks 1

I've never understood why Sonic has a (race) car in the first place. 

• Haha 1

The last two were the best kart racers I've played in a long time (since Mario Kart DS) so I'm more than happy to see a new one. Gutted that they're removing the Sega characters and just sticking with Sonic as well as removing the transform aspect but at least we'll have a competent kart racer where rubberbanding can be turned off (please let that still be an option). If it can handle as well as it did and the courses are good then this should be an instant win and one up over Mario Kart (I really didn't like 7 or 8).

I wasn't really bothered about all the other Sega characters and levels in the previous games. The Sonic series has so many cool locations to choose from, looking forward to seeing what Zones get tracks.

Sega dropped a teaser trailer, doesn't show much.

Gotta go fast, ect.

On 30/5/2018 at 3:35 PM, MindFreak said:

I've never understood why Sonic has a (race) car in the first place. 

Well, here is the answer:

“So we’re going to set the record straight just in case. If he’s not in a car guys, the race is over before it’s begun. You know this. You know he’s fast. He’s faster than cars, so we gotta equalize the playing field. So please, spread the word if you see anyone curious why he’s in a car, there you go.”

22 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Well, here is the answer:

Better answer than:

‘If he didn’t it would differ too much from Mario Kart and that’s not something we’re aiming for’

ROCKET.

Anyway, looks like it plays like Sonic All Stars Racing Transformer's kart sections. Seeing as that game is arguably better than every  Mario Kart entry (except Super Mario Kart) I'm looking forward to this. Hope there will be a demo.

Crush40 music confirmed! :D

• Like 2

New 2 part tie-in animation. Part 1 has been released already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The visuals seem to have gotten a nice upgrade.  Seems like the delay did it quite a bit of good!

Will have to wait and see though... the concept still isn't grabbing me like Transformed did...

Edited by Dcubed