NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You can make threads for both. We don't have to pay for each thread made 😉

You don't have to tell me twice!

Ok this is a joke thread. You can "merge" this one.

• Haha 1

Yup, looks fucking awful and just as pandery and mobile esc as I feared.  At least the battle system doesn't look like it has been completely butchered though.

Yup, looks fucking awful and just as pandery and mobile esc as I feared.  At least the battle system doesn't look like it has been completely butchered though.
Is it as Pandery as this?

b41eff03ff9c8b1485aeeb1e42acaaf8.jpg
  • Haha 4
  • Weird 2

13 hours ago, Dcubed said:

But if you consider this as a step in stone or break away series for the newcomers and Pokemon Go fans who arent specifically Nintendo fans - this is ingenious. Very strategic of them to confirm a core game next year too. As someone who bought shite games (but still loved them) like Pokemon Coliseum, XD and Battle Revolution, I'll be sucking this right up.... Hope they unveil a new Switch colour with it.

Being... Brown and yellow?

That was the school colours for a high school I considered going to. Was hideous, like me!

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

Being... Brown and yellow?

That was the school colours for a high school I considered going to. Was hideous, like me!

I was hoping for a gold for Eeveeor white for it's tail. :)

1 minute ago, King_V said:

I was hoping for a gold for Eeveeor white for it's tail. :)

With fur-covered joy-cons. I'm in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In case you’re in need of a chuckle...

How does everyone feel about Pokémon’s attempts to push a second series mascot in Eevee, by the way? It seems a smart move, though I suppose it could also be argued as being more Gen I pandering ::shrug:

27 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

How does everyone feel about Pokémon’s attempts to push a second series mascot in Eevee, by the way? It seems a smart move, though I suppose it could also be argued as being more Gen I pandering ::shrug:

I've always liked Eevee and all of it's evolutions ( got a fair few t-shirts of them ), so I quite like the idea of it being given more of a push.

They’ve tried it (through the anime) with Meowth, Jigglypuff and Togepi.

Magikarp, Snorlax, Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charizard are also fairly populair I think, probably some more.

Eevee’s also quite iconic so fits that bill I guess.

Would’ve been cool if they’d gone with Let’s Go Stunfisk and Let’s Go Dunsparce 😜

1 hour ago, Julius Caesar said:

In case you’re in need of a chuckle...

I read that as Glen-i pandering :D

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

4 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I read that as Glen-i pandering :D

Yeah, i'm sick of Kecleon hogging the spotlight all of the time, so these games are a refreshing change. :D 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, i'm sick of Kecleon hogging the spotlight all of the time, so these games are a refreshing change. :D 

For what it's worth. Eevee is one of my least favourite Pokemon. It's so boring.

Kecleon is too awesome for you anyway.

Man, I wish I could say that without having to qualify that with a  "in Mystery Dungeon games" ORAS really should have given it a Mega evolution...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 4

Eevee as a Pokémon in game is pretty meh, but if I had a real life Eevee I'd be pretty happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I'm getting either game, I'm kind of inclined now to get this version, and post exclusively in this thread now. Go team Eevee!

All I can say about Eevee is at least it isn’t fucking Bidoof....I have such a hate for Bidoof. 

4 hours ago, Nolan said:

All I can say about Eevee is at least it isn’t fucking Bidoof....I have such a hate for Bidoof. 

Who doesn't? It's the James Corden of Pokémon. 

• Haha 1

I love Eevee, I'm perfectly fine with it being considered a second poster Pokemon for the franchise. Needless to say it's the version I'm getting,

Image result for eevee

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I do think it's awesome how they deal with larger follower Pokémon

9dsX6pI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cube said:

I do think it's awesome how they deal with larger follower Pokémon

9dsX6pI.jpg

You're kind of assuming that's not just PokeRide from Sun and Moon.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

You're kind of assuming that's not just PokeRide from Sun and Moon.

You're kinda assuming everyone has played Sun and Moon and knows what PokeRide is. :p 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're kinda assuming everyone has played Sun and Moon and knows what PokeRide is. :p 

It's what happens after a successful Tinder date.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, if they didn't read my thread on the mechanics of Pokémon games, that's totally their fault.

Just in case anyone is wondering, it's a feature where you could summon select  Pokémon to get you past obstacles. They replaced HM's.

On 09/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Glen-i said:

Well, duh. It's got a Pikachu on the cover. Eevee can't compare to that popularity.

On 09/11/2018 at 9:04 AM, MindFreak said:

Plus, unlike Eevee, Pikachu can actually be useful. 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:44 PM, Dcubed said:

The Eevee version makes you start off with an Eevee... That you can't evolve...

And you're asking why people would prefer the Pikachu version!?

On 10/11/2018 at 11:16 PM, Falcon_Black said:

I would have thought that to be standard procedure lol. 

So I bought Let's go, Eevee!

(that's why I'm bumping this particular thread)

Having fun so far. Having terrible memory and not having played a Pokémon in 20 years does wonders for the nostalgia factor. It's almost perfect for me. Obviously I do get the criticism, and next year I hope to see more of what I've missed in the past 20 years, but this is definitely a perfect bridge game. Not totally sure about the wild pokemon / capturing situation.. On the one hand I like being able to avoid them and unnecessary fights, on the other hand they still get in the way sometimes, and there could be times where I miss the option to grind by fighting wild pokémon. But I still like collecting, training and evolving Pokémon and fighting trainers, and I love the style and the nostalgia. And the game is just god damn adorable.

Haven't done a whole lot yet. Despite my memory, I actually remembered the idiot who wants you to deliver a package to Oak, and next time he shows up right outside of Pallet Town to thank you. I mean, if you made it all the way over here.. :shakehead I defeated Brock yesterday, and this morning I went through that Mount Moon cave and fought Jessie & James. I chose the Helix fossil. I think the other one is cooler, but chose this one for Nostalgia reasons. Back in the day in Green, I chose this one because I couldn't (and still can't) read Japanese.

Anyway.. After @Ugh first aid's shenanigans with the rival's name, I was trying to come up with something funny  and / or appropriate myself.

I think I nailed it.

If any of you Pikachu players (or Eevee players of course) want to trade, let me know what I need to catch.

I myself would like a Meltan from someone, seeing as I'll never get one myself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Sign in to follow this