NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

8 hours ago, Tim B said:

I started seeing TV adverts for this as early as Tuesday, which was ten whole days ahead of its release. I have a feeling this game it going to be huge. Interestingly, the Pikachu version is selling much better than the Eevee one.

Well, duh. It's got a Pikachu on the cover. Eevee can't compare to that popularity.

48 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Plus, unlike Eevee, Pikachu can actually be useful. 

Oh snap!

I did see an advert for this at Aldgate East when I was made to get the District Line the other day. Not seen it at other stations though but I'm sure it's out there. 

9 hours ago, Gourmetsalt said:

Yo are ignoring the fact that the majestic Arcanine is exclusive of the Pukachu version.

Without Intimidate, Arcanine will lose a lot of the competitive edge that it just got in Sun/Moon.

Now it's just an average Fire Pokémon again. You'd be better off using one of the Mega Charizards/Moltres.

Edited by Glen-i

The Eevee version makes you start off with an Eevee... That you can't evolve...

And you're asking why people would prefer the Pikachu version!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Without Intimidate, Arcanine will lose a lot of the competitive edge that it just got in Sun/Moon.

Now it's just an average Fire Pokémon again. You'd be better off using one of the Mega Charizards/Moltres.

Some of us don't care about silly things like competition, we just want a FIRE DOG.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Some of us don't care about silly things like competition, we just want a FIRE DOG.

229.png 244.png

Take your pick. Or choose Entei. Entei is actually decent.
Oh wait, you can't!

Edited by Glen-i

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

229.png 244.png

Take your pick. Or choose Entei. Entei is actually decent.
Oh wait, you can't!

I haven't been following it, but can't I move either of these into Lets Go from Go? And Arcanine?

Just now, Shorty said:

I haven't been following it, but can't I move either of these into Lets Go from Go? And Arcanine?

Nope, first 151 (and Meltan) Pokémon only.

It's the biggest reason why this is the first Pokémon game I'm skipping.

Pokemon Go was my 1st Pokemon game so I'm not at all clued up. I was going to get the Eevee version, but is the Pikachu version definitely better?

53 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nope, first 151 (and Meltan) Pokémon only.

It's the biggest reason why this is the first Pokémon game I'm skipping.

Feels like something that will change down the line with an update

9 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Pokemon Go was my 1st Pokemon game so I'm not at all clued up. I was going to get the Eevee version, but is the Pikachu version definitely better?

Oh, first Pokémon RPG ever? OK, let me clue you up.

The main difference between the two versions is that there are some Pokémon you can only catch in a certain version.

Let's GO Pikachu has Sandshrew, Sandslash, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Growlithe, Arcanine.

Let's GO! Eevee has Vulpix, Ninetales, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebell, Meowth, Persian

It's usually meant to be an incentive to trade with friends and such, but seeing as you can transfer Pokémon from GO, you can just do that. It really just depends on whether you want a Pikachu or a Eevee in your team. (Pikachu is way more useful)

8 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Feels like something that will change down the line with an update

Yep, you're definitely new to Pokémon. That's not happening. Ever.

Edited by Glen-i

On 11/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, Tim B said:

Interestingly, the Pikachu version is selling much better than the Eevee one.

I would have thought that to be standard procedure lol. 

6 hours ago, Clownferret said:

Gad....DAYUUUM! For real??? Lawd have mercy on y'all sweet soul.

(that comment turned me African-American for a sec)

10 hours ago, Dcubed said:

The Eevee version makes you start off with an Eevee... That you can't evolve...

And you're asking why people would prefer the Pikachu version!?

WORD

Eeveelution-Brothers.jpg

That's why they gave those special elemental attacks to Eevee, otherwise it wouldn't be able to do anything. It's movepool is enterally normal type attacks, apart from Bite (assuming Pokemon have their movepools from the "main" games).

Pikachu's stats aren't great, it's not like it's going to be able to take physical attacks.

26 minutes ago, Ike said:

That's why they gave those special elemental attacks to Eevee, otherwise it wouldn't be able to do anything. It's movepool is enterally normal type attacks, apart from Bite (assuming Pokemon have their movepools from the "main" games).

Pikachu's stats aren't great, it's not like it's going to be able to take physical attacks.

Eevee isn't all that Defense wise either.

I really don't know why I've even got this game pre-ordered really, it's not the Pokemon game I really want and I'm sure it'll sell just fine anyway.

*cancels pre-order*

Plus, other games to play... Smash is out in mere weeks and it would be good to just save a bit of cash. :peace:

• Like 1

In true Pokemon fashion, it appears the game has leaked and is being data mined as we speak. Details about stats, buffs, friendship level and story are all out in the wild now, with more updates happening as the day goes on. 

8 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I really don't know why I've even got this game pre-ordered really, it's not the Pokemon game I really want and I'm sure it'll sell just fine anyway.

*cancels pre-order*

Plus, other games to play... Smash is out in mere weeks and it would be good to just save a bit of cash. :peace:

S.C.G used cancel pre-order...

...it’s super effective! :grin:

Smart move I reckon. Despite loving the look of this game (and its focus on old-school Pokémon) I never even got to pre-ordering it. Had it launched earlier I might’ve been tempted, but not now with Smash right around the corner.

• Thanks 1

May not be something that can be answered, but what do we think the replayability will be like in this game?

Im tempted to download the game rather than buy the physical, but I only really do that in games that I feel will give me some replay value. 

Any ideas from those who know more about it whether it will be wise to download or get physical so I can maybe trade  in once all the fun has been had?