NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

6 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Ok so how common is it to get a shiny? I’ve just spent about an hour farming caterpie in the early forrest area, got over a 50 catch combo and nothing. Any other tips?

Completing the Pokedex and using lures is the only way to really increase your chances after getting a 31+ combo. Also, if you are after a certain Pokemon then it's best to chain that one as it will increase the chance of it appearing, as well as giving you decent stats on your shiny. You can also just run into the Pokemon and then run away from it. This will speed up the spawning process.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the game is now tracking ahead of Pokemon X/Y in the UK. This is great news given that the 3DS had a larger install base and cheaper price point when compared to the Switch.

Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee sales were initially down 5% compared to the opening week sales of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. Three weeks later, and the story has changed. We’re now hearing that the Let’s Go titles are tracking 8% higher.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

So i've just reached the sixth gym, and I'm having mixed feelings about this game. As nostalgia, it's great - i'm really enjoying bombing through Kanto again, seeing all the old places in vibrant 2.5D. I also love the Pokemon wandering around in the overworld. It makes the world seem alive, and I love it when a rare pokemon appears on screen - makes it much more like a virtual safari than random encounters.

However - while I quite like the Pokemon Go style catching mechanic, I'm not sure I like the way in which the XP now works. I have a hugely over-levelled team now (mostly between lvl 45-55), and i don't feel like i've used any of them that much? When you used to have to grind up Pokemon by battling trainers, and random wild Pokemon, you really developed a bond with each one. It was a grind, but at the end of it, you really felt like you'd been through something with your 'mon. I've got a level 50 Chansey that I've literally never used. I couldn't tell you what moves it has. The way you can level your whole team relatively easily through catching wild pokemon removes having to actually use any of them. 

Another knock-on effect to this, is that you can easily switch between different pokemon - it doesn't take very long to grind a new pokemon up to the same levels as your team. This is good in a way, but it's meant that I've had a hard time deciding on what my team will be. It's so easy to switch in and out new Pokemon, that I've tended to pull in a monster to help beat the next gym leader (Bulbasaur to beat Misty, Charizard to beat Erika, Haunter to beat Sabrina etc), and then just box them. 

When i first played Pokemon red, i remember having such an affinity with my main team, that I felt genuinely sad when I wanted to bring in a new one, and having to say goodbye to the old one. Now, I don't really give a shit. This might be because of different circumstances, i'm older, replaying a game i've played before etc, but I think it's because it's too easy to do the ol' dump and switch.

Anywho, we'll see how it goes. Looking forward to crushing that Koga wanker and surfing away.

• Like 1

The game is awful and an insult to my intelligence. 

Is there a feasible way to breed and/or train Pokémon to have their best stats without wasting my life again? I'd like to do online battles as soon as possible.

Edited by Gourmetsalt

1 hour ago, Gourmetsalt said:

The game is awful and an insult to my intelligence. 

Glen-i?

• Haha 1
  • Weird 2

Unless [mention=5930]Aneres11[/mention] was suggesting you're also awful and an insult to his intelligence?
Yes, and he's right.
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Ok. I need to level up a psychic Pokemon rather quickly. I know combo chaining Chancey is the best way but where is the best place for that. I’m only at Fucia City and will probably need it for the gym battles. Those damn Arbok. Or any other Pokémon that would help me in this gym. My part ranges from lvl 38 to 48. 

17 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Ok. I need to level up a psychic Pokemon rather quickly. I know combo chaining Chancey is the best way but where is the best place for that. I’m only at Fucia City and will probably need it for the gym battles. Those damn Arbok. Or any other Pokémon that would help me in this gym. My part ranges from lvl 38 to 48. 

Ground Pokémon are a better choice because they're resistant to poison.

• Thanks 1

So I went and levelled up a Caterpie I had along with catching a load of Graveller. And in the end only needed my Eevee, Raichu and Nidorino to beat the gym (with the help of some hyper potions). Eevee with Buzzy Buzz was a great help against his Golbat and Venomoth. 

Went to Seafoam Islands and managed to beat Articuno in two minutes (Again lightning worked a treat) but then spent an agonising 10 minutes trying to catch it. 

• Haha 1

Where is the best place to level up in this game, is it by catching Chansey's in the cave where Mewtwo is found? I'm finding it a bit tedious at the moment and not being able to get better catches outside of using an Ultra Ball and a berry is very frustrating.

Has anyone beaten all 150 Trainers? Is there any reward for it?

Where is the best place to level up in this game, is it by catching Chansey's in the cave where Mewtwo is found? I'm finding it a bit tedious at the moment and not being able to get better catches outside of using an Ultra Ball and a berry is very frustrating.
Has anyone beaten all 150 Trainers? Is there any reward for it?
Based on the screenshots that HoT posted, I'd say yes. Still not sure how he got such large amounts of XP, but I've been routinely getting a few thousand per Chansey.

Anyone else find catching the legendaries surprisingly easy? I heard tales of people using hundreds of pokeballs on them, so I stocked up on about 300 ultraballs, and then spent maybe 5-10 on each one? I even caught Mewtwo in an ultraball after my 6th throw!

7 hours ago, bob said:

Based on the screenshots that HoT posted, I'd say yes. Still not sure how he got such large amounts of XP, but I've been routinely getting a few thousand per Chansey.

Anyone else find catching the legendaries surprisingly easy? I heard tales of people using hundreds of pokeballs on them, so I stocked up on about 300 ultraballs, and then spent maybe 5-10 on each one? I even caught Mewtwo in an ultraball after my 6th throw!

On the Chancey XP, he’s getting all the bonuses along with a big combo, I think that helps. Using the motion controls with the second trainer is one of the bonuses. 

And no for the other from me. :p it took me a few hundred balls and about 10 minutes to catch Articuno. Maybe you got lucky. 

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, Shorty said:

Fair enough! My SO said otherwise but she must've been mistaken.

How does @Serebii confirm these numbers, from datamining/hacking sources? Or are they published in official guides?

From datamining

P.S. Forgive the lateness of my reply

Latest sales figures puts this at 10 million shipped.

Era has comparison figures for the 3DS games.

Historical comparisons for first quarter of Pokémon games on 3DS:

XY - 11.61m (4.34m Japan / 7.27m ROTW)
ORAS - 9.35m (2.92m Japan / 6.43m ROTW)
SM - 14.69m (3.81m Japan / 10.88m ROTW)
USUM - 7.71m (2.37m Japan / 5.3m ROTW)

Let's Go is at 10.0m (1.85m Japan / 8.16m ROTW)

Interestingly, Let's Go had a stronger first quarter outside Japan than XY did, and XY even had an extra month.

Great to see it do so well. Now bring on the Let's Go Silver/Gold versions!

• Like 2

Very impressive especially considering the smaller userbase vs. the other consoles at the same point the games were released. For some reason I was under the impression Let's Go had underperformed.

12 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

Very impressive especially considering the smaller userbase vs. the other consoles at the same point the games were released. For some reason I was under the impression Let's Go had underperformed.

If anything I think it's overperformed. I image all parties involved with Pokemon development and publishing will be very happy with this result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob3008 said:

Same here, but those are very impressive numbers.

I can't think of a single person who would be unhappy with those sales figures. Nope. Not a single person. Nobody.

2 hours ago, bob said:

I can't think of a single person who would be unhappy with those sales figures. Nope. Not a single person. Nobody.

If you're gonna bait me, then at least try not to make it so blatant.

Anyway, gonna take the bait.

This game doesn't deserve the sales it got mainly because it's a remake of a game that has less features in it than the previous remake of the game.

And it got away with it because of Gen 1 pandering.

That's sad.

Edited by Glen-i

This game doesn't deserve the sales it got mainly because it's a remake of a game that has less features in it than the previous remake of the game.
That's sad.
NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU GLEN-i!
  • Haha 2

Fantastic sales from Let’s Go. Fully deserved. Most people who actually played it seemed to have a great time, and that’s all that matters. 

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, Glen-i said:
That's sad.

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU GLEN-i!

It is! I am the most important person on the internet and you know it!