NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Nooooo

Charmander number 70 ran away as soon as it broke out of the ball :'(

I guess I'm just not meant to ever have a Shiny Charmander :(

Bloody annoying though seeing a video of a lad getting a Shiny Charmander spawn on his 18th combo.... Gggrrrr

You don't need to keep the combo going. Once you reach a combo of 31 just put a lure down and sit there. Also, you're better off waiting until you've completed the Pokedex and getting the Shiny Charm.

After leveling around 60 Pokemon to 100 I've deleted the application from my Switch and boxed it back up. I was heading down a rabbit hole that I didn't want to go down. I did manage to nab another shiny Chansey during my last run though. :D 

Just got back from seeing the new movie with my mate. We both thought it was absolute garbage. Usually you get to see a decent amount of Pokemon battles in these things but this had sod all to it and was utter tripe. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You don't need to keep the combo going. Once you reach a combo of 31 just put a lure down and sit there. Also, you're better off waiting until you've completed the Pokedex and getting the Shiny Charm.

I had thought of that just letting them spawn after 31....but I'm also a bit OCD :p

Plus wanted to see what I could get stats wise... Looking through what I did catch found one with Best on 5 stats and Very Good on Special Def....I'll take that :)

Also I had notions of taking on the Elite Four first time with a Shiny Charizard :p

I don't even want a collection of Shinys just the one Charmander will do :)

Gona make way towards Gym 7 and save up some money and hopefully get some Ultra balls on the way and might try again before final gym

Does anyone else’s Joy-con disconnect whilst playing this docked? 

Both my left and right ones intermittently disconnect all the time which I don’t think should be happening. 

I also remembered why I don’t play docked too - throwing Poke balls this way is just infuriating!!

No real problems here as well. I do experience a slight lag at times when changing direction (180 degrees) and sometimes my character starts walking instead of runnning.

I'm on my way to the seventh gym now, I haven't caught so many Pokémon and my team sucks. I can't trade and evolve my Kadabra and Golem becuase I don't have online subscription. I have only found some "OK" and "Good" Pokémon because I can't be bothered chain comboing looking for the good ones and I haven't found a good place to do this yet. My team is Pikachu, Primeape, Arcanine, Kadabra, Venusaur and Graveler, all around level 45-50.

Interesting, thanks. 

Think i need to potentially look at replacing this Switch in the New Year, if i get some Christmas funds. 

With the dock situation still ongoing and one of my joy cons breaking, it’s almost on its last legs. 

I have all of the gym badges now. Blaine’s gym was my favourite. :D

I’ve also caught 2 of the 3 legendaries. Just Moltres to go now. 

One thing I am actually enjoying which I never thought I would, is catching all the Pokemon. Well, trying to. 

In all the years I have played Pokemon, i have never bothered catching them all. This game I feel like I need to - even though catching is my least favourite part. :p

I kind of don’t want the adventure to end. Had a blast with it. 

• Like 1

So I have spent the last two days trying to get a Shiny Charmander in my Let's Go Pikachu....yesterday I got a combo chain of 70 Charmander and 71 ran away breaking my chain...today I caught 112 Charmander, seen a whole bunch more as after 31 I went through long phases of just trying to force them to despawn and respawn as quick as possible (starting catch mode and running away, if you run away it doesn't break chain only if Pokemon runs).

Luckily after combo 11 he respawns almost as soon as he despawn...before 11 I worked it as approx once every 10mins

And it FINALLY appeared!

Thought was seeing things at first it was like....oh stars..wait WHAT...enter panic mode!!!!

• Like 6

Just chilling with my Shiny Charizard!

Oh if anyone wondering, his nickname, Lonracha is Irish for "Shiny" ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On a single walk home from work, my Jigglypuff earned 12,500 XP inside the pokeball plus :blank:

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

Ha! I was playing Pokémon, and couldn't remember what poison Pokémon were weak to, so I asked my Google mini.

There was a long pause, and then the woman just says:

"......psychic and ground" with such contempt! As if she she couldn't believe she was being used to give such trivial information.

• Haha 3

The EXP gain for catching Chanseys gets ridiculous if you get right multipliers...forget about battling Elite Four over and over, get to level 100 but just chaining Chanseys

I want to start helping my Go players out by giving them the Meltan boxes. Where do I have to be in the game to do this? Menu/town? What needs to be done before I can start doing it?

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

I want to start helping my Go players out by giving them the Meltan boxes. Where do I have to be in the game to do this? Menu/town? What needs to be done before I can start doing it?

You need to get to Fuschia City. That's where the GO Park is. The Pokémon GO account then needs to give you a Pokémon and you have to catch it at the GO park.

The GO account should then get notified of receiving a Mystery Box, which will make Meltan appear there for 30 minutes. They will have to wait a week to use it again.

I'm not exactly sure if you're able to connect more than one Pokémon GO account to Let's GO though...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Despite being a remake of a game I've played countless times, I'm a bit stuck. I beat Sabrina to get my 6th badge, kinda expected someone to bump into me shortly after and give Eevee the surf ability. I've walked all around Saffron City and Fuschia City, got nothing. The only places I've yet to explore are the ones which you need to surf to. 

3 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Despite being a remake of a game I've played countless times, I'm a bit stuck. I beat Sabrina to get my 6th badge, kinda expected someone to bump into me shortly after and give Eevee the surf ability. I've walked all around Saffron City and Fuschia City, got nothing. The only places I've yet to explore are the ones which you need to surf to. 

Fly to Fuschia City, there's a guy with a surfboard near a Lapras, speak to him.

• Like 1

I thought I was being pretty thorough. Literally the only person in the entire game I forgot to talk to. :blank:

11 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm not exactly sure if you're able to connect more than one Pokémon GO account to Let's GO though...

Yes you can. Someone had the game out at an EX raid yesterday and was able to give boxes to many players. 

• Thanks 1

I can't believe none of you told me if you have Squirtle follow you it runs like a chubby baby. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I can't believe none of you told me if you have Squirtle follow you it runs like a chubby baby. 

Wait till you have Wartortle follow you...

42 minutes ago, Ashley said:

40 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Wait till you have Wartortle follow you...

And then be disappointed when it evolves into Blastoise.

I'm refusing to let him and Charmander evolve until they're ready to go to their final forms. Nobody needs to see their ugly teen forms. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm refusing to let him and Charmander evolve until they're ready to go to their final forms. Nobody needs to see their ugly teen forms. 

This is why Grovyle is awesome.

Ok so how common is it to get a shiny? I’ve just spent about an hour farming caterpie in the early forrest area, got over a 50 catch combo and nothing. Any other tips?

6 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Ok so how common is it to get a shiny? I’ve just spent about an hour farming caterpie in the early forrest area, got over a 50 catch combo and nothing. Any other tips?

OK, so there's two other ways of increasing shiny chances in Let's GO that doesn't involve chaining Pokémon.

Complete the Pokedex to get the Shiny Charm and use Lures.

Lures are take it or leave it, but that Shiny Charm is pretty much needed if you're going shiny hunting.

And for what it's worth, I think anyone who actually actively looks for Shiny Pokémon are certifiably nuts. And that's coming from me.

• Thanks 1