NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

56 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was just going about my own business catching random Pokemon when this shiny popped up.

I didn't even have a chain going! :yay:

I was going to say shinies definitely seem more common in this game, my SO got a shiny Caterpie as her 3rd catch in the game. That said, if anyone's going to be an authority on their frequency at this point it would be you with your hundreds of Chanseys :p

7 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I was going to say shinies definitely seem more common in this game, my SO got a shiny Caterpie as her 3rd catch in the game. That said, if anyone's going to be an authority on their frequency at this point it would be you with your hundreds of Chanseys :p

The base chance of getting a shiny is the same as Sun/Moon. 1 in 4096.

Why don't you lot have a look at the ways to influence this?

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The base chance of getting a shiny is the same as Sun/Moon. 1 in 4096.

Why don't you lot have a look at the ways to influence this?

Ah right, fair enough. This part isn't true though is it? -

As you can see the Pokémon in the overworld, you can see more Pokémon on the field, you have more chances of spotting a Shiny Pokémon without starting the encounter.

I don't think you can see the shiny before you start.

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

Ah right, fair enough. This part isn't true though is it? -

I don't think you can see the shiny before you start.

Yes you can, I remember @Ugh first aid spotting a Green Zubat in the middle of Mt. Moon.

Fair enough! My SO said otherwise but she must've been mistaken.

How does @Serebii confirm these numbers, from datamining/hacking sources? Or are they published in official guides?

2 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Fair enough! My SO said otherwise but she must've been mistaken.

How does @Serebii confirm these numbers, from datamining/hacking sources? Or are they published in official guides?

Mixture of both, I'd guess. You'd have to ask him yourself, but I've not seen him on this site for ages.

7 hours ago, MindFreak said:

It works with non-Shiny? Then I'll bet my money that it's the shiny nature of the Charmander that causes the game to break. Can you try other shinies (that you don't mind losing)?

DLC for a Pokémon game

Don't have any Kanto Shinys that I caught myself

21 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Saw those videos the other day, the contrast between the LGP and LGE reviews are too accurate when it comes to  outlet reviews for the franchise :D 

I've spent pretty much the whole day playing this, so addictive! It looks gorgeous tbf, I was a bit on the fence about the visuals, but it's really polished and vibrant.

LOVING the lack of random battles, and catching Pokemon using the Go mechanics is surprisingly fun!

Also my Pikachu is adorable. Way more so than any of yours. So there.

*Looks over at Red Dead I really need to get back to... picks up Switch to play Let's Go instead*

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Ronnie good to hear you are enjoying it. Its so much more special playing it with nostalgia glasses. Its a shame you never played the originals!

I'm not very far into the game myself (just finished Mt. Moon) but every time I switch it on I remember how amazing it was seeing the battles in Pokemon Stadium and how I wished that the gameboy games looked like that...and now they do :)

• Thanks 1

The Pokémon moves get so much better as you progress. There's something supremely satisfying about using Thunder or Earthquake on some shitty enemy Pokémon that really deserves it.

Example: I was trying to level my Raticate, and the other trainer sends out a Machop, which eventually causes my poor Rat to faint. I try and use my Chandler (Chansey), but he too eventually succumbs. Fed up of this, out goes Pikachu, who draws Thor's wrath from the heavens, and absolutely obliterates that bellend Machop. Take that shithead!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1

19 minutes ago, bob said:

The Pokémon moves get so much better as you progress. There's something supremely satisfying about using Thunder or Earthquake on some shitty enemy Pokémon that really deserves it.

Example: I was trying to level my Raticate, and the other trainer sends out a Machop, which eventually causes my poor Rat to faint. I try and use my Chandler (Chansey), but he too eventually succumbs. Fed up of this, out goes Pikachu, who draws Thor's wrath from the heavens, and absolutely obliterates that bellend Machop. Take that shithead!

Why bother having the other one in front? Everyone gets the same amount of EXP, regardless of them being in battle or not so you can just have PIkachu in front all the time to take out 90 % of the trainers in the game. 

Why bother having the other one in front? Everyone gets the same amount of EXP, regardless of them being in battle or not so you can just have PIkachu in front all the time to take out 90 % of the trainers in the game. 
Do they though? I thought Pokémon who took part still get more exp? If that was the case, my exp boosted Raticate should be much more highly levelled?

Ah, I see. I thought the EXP was equal no matter what but that is only from catching. Well then.

8 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Ah, I see. I thought the EXP was equal no matter what but that is only from catching. Well then.

That's never been the case in any Pokémon game though, even with EXP Share.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That's never been the case in any Pokémon game though, even with EXP Share.

I know. But this game is rather different on a number of points so actually thought this was the case here - also since catching is a bit different and grants every Pokémon the same amount.

Yeah in catching they get an even share, but then in catching no poke helps :p You're right though, the game is different enough that it could've been different from the set precedent, I certainly wasn't sure.

I would have assumed it was shared equally, but my traded 'mon tipped me off.

Ok so last night I got my 6th Gym Badge and decided before I continue I got notions to try see can I catch a Shiney Charmander. Trying on Route 4, grass just before Cerulean City. Takes ages for a Charmander to spawn at the start... Think it seems about once ever 10mins....got up to 8 combo and got tired as it was late so just put game to sleep and picked up again this morning. After I got to 12 combo he started spwaning ever second spwan cycle (the area spawns Max of 4 at once, he is not spawning between 5 - 8 Pokemon after I catch one or he despawns.)

Up to 47 now and got Switch back in sleep mode and charging while I go out. Getting nervous one will run away. I am dual wielding controllers for better catch success and using Ultra Balls...but running low on them and money :p...if I fail first throw I am running away so Charmander don't to keep my combo from breaking.

I ahve also seen a Shiny Rattata (spawn when my Charmander combo was at 4) and a Shiny Sandshrew (at 30 combo) but just left them cuz didn't want to break my combo.

Least I know my game has Shinys now haha.

Never had a Shiny before with exception of the free Red Gyrados in Gold and the few I have in PoGo:p

I beat Lt. Surge the other day. I thought you all said he was difficult 😋

Nooooo

Charmander number 70 ran away as soon as it broke out of the ball :'(

I guess I'm just not meant to ever have a Shiny Charmander :(

Bloody annoying though seeing a video of a lad getting a Shiny Charmander spawn on his 18th combo.... Gggrrrr

• Sad 3