NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

Was hoping it could be done in docked mode too. 
I guess it must, but who knows....

I've gotten used to throwing it the right angle to get them when they're not in the centre, but would be nice to move in docked mode. If you can I've not figured it out. 

Seeing as Nintendo likes to update its major Switch releases with free or paid DLC, what DLC can people see Let's Go getting in the near future?

Before the dlc, I'd love it if they would patch the game so that it could be played with a Pro Controller.

It's always nice to have options.

I have been thinking a bit about the future of this and the core game.. Since this game is often described as a bridge game (although I'm not sure if it's ever described as such by official channels), but after playing it, I'm not sure if it actually works as a bridge game. I love the game, but it's clear this was meant as a placeholder, something to tide fans over until the release of the core game. Optimising 800 Pokémon for a new 3D core game, and the first on a console, must be daunting, so they just made a simple game for this year with the original pokémon that were ready.

But going from 150 to 800 and a plethora of advanced mechanics.. I'm not sure if the casual Go audience can handle that, it may even be too much for people like me who are at least somewhat aware of the stuff they're missing.

For these reasons, I can actually see them updating Let's go by making new generations of Pokémon available. In fact, I can actually imagine them not shipping the core game with all Pokémon initially, and update them periodically as soon as they become available.

I'm not sure what you more you could do with the game. Since it's a remake, new story content doesn't make sense. I could see them adding more advanced features from the core series, just to make it more appropriate as a bridge title. As it stands, I suspect the typical Lets Go audience would be better off with a Lets go 2 instead of next year's core game.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

Ok so I got another Shiny Charmander off my friend who have me the first that I lost.

I made a couple of test transfers with other Pokemon and all worked fine, no issues. So tried the Shiny Charmander and same as yesterday, gets to 100%, gives and error, Let's Go crashes and Pokemon is lost :'(

I am wondering if maybe it is cause it is a Pokemon I got via trade already? It couldn't possibly be something that stupid could it?

Has anyone here tried to transfer over a Pokemon from PoGO they got via trade?

I have to tried transfer more since and again no issues...just doesn't want me to have a Shiny Charmander :(

After I gave up on that went back to playing and realised didn't have an Abra yet so went to Route 6 to catch one. Got one then a second appeared so caught that...then I realised hey I just started a combo and got a bit OCD about keeping it going thinking maybe just maybe I can get a Shiny Abra...got to I think 18 and the next one decides to run after I toss my first ball...wtf???...combo broken damnit

I caught a Shiny Geodude towards the start and it's now a Level 40-ish Shiny Golem. I'm not going to spend my time looking specifically for Shinies with combos etc., but it's a bonus if I do see one. It's likely my Golem will remain in my party for my entire duration of the game.

Played a couple of online battles and they work great. Accidentally forgot to set the levels at 50 for the first one though and got my ass kicked.

10 hours ago, Tim B said:

Seeing as Nintendo likes to update its major Switch releases with free or paid DLC, what DLC can people see Let's Go getting in the near future?

Nintendo like to, Game Freak sure don't.

With Gen 8 coming out next year. I wouldn't put my money on that. Best you can hope is Pokémon Bank support. And that's shaky at best.

Bloody hell, @Mokong Stop killing your Pokémon! It's breaking my heart. Won't someone bloody help him!? I can't do it. I don't play GO!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mokong said:

Ok so I got another Shiny Charmander off my friend who have me the first that I lost.

I made a couple of test transfers with other Pokemon and all worked fine, no issues. So tried the Shiny Charmander and same as yesterday, gets to 100%, gives and error, Let's Go crashes and Pokemon is lost :'(

I am wondering if maybe it is cause it is a Pokemon I got via trade already? It couldn't possibly be something that stupid could it?

Has anyone here tried to transfer over a Pokemon from PoGO they got via trade?

I have to tried transfer more since and again no issues...just doesn't want me to have a Shiny Charmander :(

After I gave up on that went back to playing and realised didn't have an Abra yet so went to Route 6 to catch one. Got one then a second appeared so caught that...then I realised hey I just started a combo and got a bit OCD about keeping it going thinking maybe just maybe I can get a Shiny Abra...got to I think 18 and the next one decides to run after I toss my first ball...wtf???...combo broken damnit

It works with non-Shiny? Then I'll bet my money that it's the shiny nature of the Charmander that causes the game to break. Can you try other shinies (that you don't mind losing)?

DLC for a Pokémon game? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

DLC for a Pokémon game? 

See? He gets it. It's cute watching you Pokemon newbies speculate.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Condescending much?  

OK, fair enough. But with Gen 8 around the corner, DLC isn't gonna be happening.

A patch? If a bug gets discovered, sure.

13 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I have been thinking a bit about the future of this and the core game.. Since this game is often described as a bridge game (although I'm not sure if it's ever described as such by official channels), but after playing it, I'm not sure if it actually works as a bridge game. I love the game, but it's clear this was meant as a placeholder, something to tide fans over until the release of the core game. Optimising 800 Pokémon for a new 3D core game, and the first on a console, must be daunting, so they just made a simple game for this year with the original pokémon that were ready.

The thing is, they already did that 6 years ago. All the Pokémon models in Let's GO are the 3DS models. They were totally ready to put any Pokémon in Let's GO, they just chose not to.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, fair enough. But with Gen 8 around the corner, DLC isn't gonna be happening.

A patch? If a bug gets discovered, sure.

The thing is, they already did that 6 years ago. All the Pokémon models in Let's GO are the 3DS models. They were totally ready to put any Pokémon in Let's GO, they just chose not to.

I haven't played those games, so I don't know how they look, but that still 800 Pokémon to optimise for HD. More polygons, better animations (I hope), plus balancing for new pokemon, along with with any updates they may get for the new game to account for any new mechanics. That's not stuff they did 6 years ago.

13 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I haven't played those games, so I don't know how they look, but that still 800 Pokémon to optimise for HD. More polygons, better animations (I hope), plus balancing for new pokemon, along with with any updates they may get for the new game to account for any new mechanics. That's not stuff they did 6 years ago.

It was. Game Freak specifically made the models HD quality to "future-proof" them. This had the side-effect of completely tanking the frame rate of the 3DS titles when particularly complicated Pokémon showed up.

As for the animations being new, that's a negative. They're all in Sun/Moon (Apart from Pikachu, Eevee, Meltan and Melmetal)

There's a picture @Serebii used to use every time he brought this point up, but I can't find it...

That goes for the walking animations as well. Although they weren't used, the code for Sun/Moon has walking animations for every Pokemon.

45 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It was. Game Freak specifically made the models HD quality to "future-proof" them. This had the side-effect of completely tanking the frame rate of the 3DS titles when particularly complicated Pokémon showed up.

As for the animations being new, that's a negative. They're all in Sun/Moon (Apart from Pikachu, Eevee, Meltan and Melmetal)

There's a picture @Serebii used to use every time he brought this point up, but I can't find it...

That goes for the walking animations as well. Although they weren't used, the code for Sun/Moon has walking animations for every Pokemon.

Just clarify, I’m pretty sure that it was Creatures that worked on producing the 3D models, not Game Freak, though of course there were more than likely conversations had with them. I think they (the models) were first worked on for Pokédex 3D/Pro? So they’ve been around for a good while (since 2011/2012). The same models were used in GO, too, with the only real differences being shaders and textures, if I recall. 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

I decided to end my Chansey/Exp farming run as I needed to capture a few more different Pokemon. My final chain count was...

DsmDLTPVAAAX42e?format=jpg

Chaining this many meant I had an insane amount of Chansey candies to use so I funneled them all into my shiny Chansey. I then used a couple of bottle caps to make it have perfect stats and was left with this.

DsmDorqU4AAucC9?format=jpg

DsmDh6lVYAAPEwm?format=jpg

I'm not really gonna use it but I figured I had the items to create such a thing and figured why not?

Before I went catching some other Pokemon I decided to look for a shiny due to my count being over 31 ( number you need to increase chance ). I ended up finding this.

Dsm4SINVsAABFag?format=jpg

Not what I would have wanted but a shiny is a shiny. :p 

This game is like crack. I've got no idea why I'm even trying to get all of the Pokemon up to level 100, ironically it's something I haven't done since playing Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow back in the day. I mean I won't even be able to finish all the Master Trainer battles due to not being able to play Go or having Mew. All I know is that I'm having fun doing it. :D 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

DsmDh6lVYAAPEwm?format=jpg

Thanks for confirming that the Pokémon in this game have stats well above what it could be in previous games. That Defense is more than double than what is possible in previous games.

This seriously puts the chance of future Pokémon Bank compatibility into question.

Edited by Glen-i

Urgh FINE! Add one more sale to that total lol

5-C426924-825-E-4-C82-ACB5-AA59101-FB602

I blame you all. I was trying to save money :cry:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Urgh FINE! Add one more sale to that total lol

I blame you all. I was trying to save money :cry:

Don't you lump me in with them!

I was just going about my own business catching random Pokemon when this shiny popped up.

DsnPOvIV4AEOcTp?format=jpg

I didn't even have a chain going! :yay:

• Like 1

If you ever feel like you could do without that shiny Oddish and want to trade it, call me! I don't have this nickname for nothing :p

I've completed the first gym yesterday, and decided to at least catch a Bulbasaur before I headed onwards. Got a 13 chain with Caterpies and one showed up.

Can't wait to play on, don't have time today but will play a lot of it tomorrow and in the weekend. I think I'm going for either an Alolan team, or a team of Pokémon I've never used before. And in the post game I'll rebuild my original Blue team with some good stat 'Mon.

• Haha 1

I’m probably the only person in the world who hasn’t played Red/Blue/Yellow, so this’ll be a good way to finally experience it. 

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I’m probably the only person in the world who hasn’t played Red/Blue/Yellow

giphy-21.gif

:p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1