NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

Had no idea that you can't trade with randoms trainers online until you have a paid subscription. :|

I think it was @Hero-of-Time that said it earlier in the thread, but Silph Co. is still the worst thing in the game and such a slog.

Absolutely horrendous. 

Been in it now for what must be an hour, (i am consciously battling all the trainers) and it is driving me insane. 

Nearly got Staryu up to lv 45 though, so all is not lost. :p

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It happened again! :D 

Are you playing two players by yourself for that to work? Does that grant more Exp? 

Do you plan getting all 150 Pokémon to level 100? 

3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Are you playing two players by yourself for that to work? Does that grant more Exp? 

Do you plan getting all 150 Pokémon to level 100? 

Yeah, you get an extra multiplier bonus for catching in co-op. It's pretty easy to get EXCELLENT throws using both joycons at the same time.

Not sure yet. I've now got around 20 Pokemon at level 100. It's a start. 

I'm sat here in a chain of 88 Chanseys. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Haha 1

So the easiest game I've played in decades and you're cheating to make it easier? :cheeky:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Shorty said:

So the easiest game I've played in decades and you're cheating to make it easier? :cheeky:

Talk to me when again you're at post game where you have to battle 150 odd trainers that are scattered around the world, in one-on-one battles against Pokemon around level 70-80. Oh, and these battles have to be fought with specific Pokemon ( the ones they are using ).

You can bet your butt I'm going to be using every trick in the book to level Pokemon up quicker.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Talk to me when again you're at post game where you have to battle 150 odd trainers that are scattered around the world, in one-on-one battles against Pokemon around level 70-80. Oh, and these battles have to be fought with specific Pokemon ( the ones they are using ).

You can bet your butt I'm going to be using every trick in the book to level Pokemon up quicker.

That's not difficult, that's just grindy.

Getting to a 50 win streak in Battle Tower, now that's the sign of an actual Pokémon Master.

• Thanks 1

Well at least I'm glad to hear it has some fights later on that you couldn't just win by setting up one of those perpetual motion bird things to press A for you :p

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That's not difficult, that's just grindy.

Getting to a 50 win streak in Battle Tower, now that's the sign of an actual Pokémon Master.

I never said it was difficult.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I never said it was difficult.

Yes, but you were accused of making it easier.

Edited by Glen-i

Anyway...during my Chansey chaining I noticed that the capture ring went from orange to green. I asked what this was all about over on Era and Serebii explained that the more you capture and transfer a specific Pokemon then the easier it will become to catch. He thinks hit happens twice. Once at 50 caught/transferred and again at 100 caught/transferred. 

I love this as it's saved me a bunch of cash. Now I can just use a combo of Great and Normal Pokeballs rather than 2 Ultras.

My chain is currently on 111. I can't play something else on the Switch as I don't wanna lose it. :p 

If anyone wants a near perfect Chansey ( 4 or 5 stats at BEST rating ) then just let me know as I have a few of them. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If anyone wants a near perfect Chansey ( 4 or 5 stats at BEST rating ) then just let me know as I have a few of them. :D 

Congratulations, you've turned into me!

How does it feel to be an utter loony?

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Anyway...during my Chansey chaining I noticed that the capture ring went from orange to green. I asked what this was all about over on Era and Serebii explained that the more you capture and transfer a specific Pokemon then the easier it will become to catch. He thinks hit happens twice. Once at 50 caught/transferred and again at 100 caught/transferred. 

I love this as it's saved me a bunch of cash. Now I can just use a combo of Great and Normal Pokeballs rather than 2 Ultras.

My chain is currently on 111. I can't play something else on the Switch as I don't wanna lose it. :p 

Count me in, although I've only just started the game so have nothing of value to trade with🤔

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wouldn't mind one please but...

24 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Count me in, although I've only just started the game so have nothing of value to trade with🤔

...same, I only just started as well, last night in fact. :blush:

But let us know what kind of Pokemon you'd like and I'll keep a look out.

2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I wouldn't mind one please but...

...same, I only just started as well, last night in fact. :blush:

But let us know what kind of Pokemon you'd like and I'll keep a look out.

As I mentioned in the trading thread, I'm not that fussed. Any Pokemon you don't want will be fine.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

cOkyM8p.jpg

I also can't get enough of hearing "You got 2 great balls!".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I know its not smutty (and that seems to be the theme right now) but "Oh!" is just a weird line of dialogue.  Particularly as there's no alts.

Just popping into this thread to say I've caved and got Let's Go Pikachu. I've just stepped into Viridian Forest. Good times. Although playing with a single Joy-Con gives me a bit of a cramp in my wrist after a while.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Although playing with a single Joy-Con gives me a bit of a cramp in my wrist after a while.

Glad I'm not the only one! 

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Just popping into this thread to say I've caved and got Let's Go Pikachu. I've just stepped into Viridian Forest. Good times. Although playing with a single Joy-Con gives me a bit of a cramp in my wrist after a while.

Same with the Pokeball...cramping my long arse finger.

8 hours ago, bob said:
8 hours ago, BowserBasher said:
Tell me how, please. Fed up of this. 

Er, you just.....move the screen about? In handheld mode anyway, not sure about docked.

Was hoping it could be done in docked mode too. 

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nice! I chained to over 100 for Zubat in Mt Moon...No shiny, but all the last 20 had amazing stats. 

I love this game for the ease of farming pokemon and then trying them out in wifi battles.