NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

I called him Ursula, because he has no voice. And because I hate coming up with names in games.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Haha 1

I don't know why they gave you two rivals, neither of which are particularly rivalrous. They both keep giving me stuff.

I almost feel sorry for calling one of them Arse-face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

3 minutes ago, bob said:

I don't know why they gave you two rivals, neither of which are particularly rivalrous. They both keep giving me stuff.

I almost feel sorry for calling one of them Arse-face.

They are still better than this annoying prick.

ff68dc926d0aaab942e9542b2cad1b41d902b6ad

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since I found a Bulbasaur in my first trip through the forest I don't really want to start again, so maybe I'll just pretend they're both the same person who changes their hair off-camera and has a personality disorder and doesn't really remember being the other guy.

48 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They are still better than this annoying prick.

ff68dc926d0aaab942e9542b2cad1b41d902b6ad

Him I could cope with. It’s the daft bitch with the hat I couldn’t deal with in that game. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Seriously, no-one here knew? It's been around since Gen 6.

Fine, Pokenerd to the rescue again...

The different colour text determines which stats have a nature modifier. Red text determines a stat that has a 10% boost while blue shows a 10% drop.

Cheers! It's been a while since I actually played a game!

By nature modifier you mean that the particular stat (eg speed) is better/worse than average?

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Found a Chansey on Route 5 yesterday. It gave 795 EXP! That was nice. Was looking for an Abra and a Growlithe (both of which I also found). Then I made a mistake of trading my Lvl 22 Geodude for a new Geodude, thinking it would be stronger or at least grew faster. I got an Alolan Geodude... frick.

I had similar with a Raticate. Near 500xp! 

56 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Him I could cope with. It’s the daft bitch with the hat I couldn’t deal with in that game. 

I think @Daft's hats are fine. 

Yeah I know, bad joke. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Cheers! It's been a while since I actually played a game!

By nature modifier you mean that the particular stat (eg speed) is better/worse than average?

Yep, you've got it.

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues transfering over from Pokemon Go?

I am having an awful time and have lost a Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon...and may have lost my one and only Shiny Charmander just now!!!!!

Anyone else having issues transferring Pokemon over?

I am able to do the initial connection between the two  to get the Switch icon appear on Go...but oddly only when it is in docked mode?

But I finally reached Fuschia City last night and tried to transfer so Pokemon but it just kept giving me issues.

First when I tried to transfer it would get to 80% then stop and error.

I took it out of dock, used handheld and changed the number of Pokemon I tried to send from 5 to 2 and it worked, yay...I then transfered a single Eevee and again it worked fine....

...then I tried to transfer Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon...it got to 100% and both the game and app crashed....I then no longer had those 3 Pokemon in Go and they weren't in Let's Go!!!

I noticed I lost the Switch icon from my Go menu...but when I check it in settings I have a Retry option.

When I got home from work I tried using that but could not get the two devices to recognise each other.

I tried unlinking and relinking the accounts (which works fine still) but it just wasn't working.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Go, had to link to Switch again...the Retry option disappeared and the Switch icon came back in Pokemon list....guess those 3 Pokemon are lost forever now.

I then tried to send one single Meltan over, the Switch finally gave the prompt that it found my Go account and after a couple of attempts got it over to Let's Go.

Then tried 3 Eevee's and it worked first time.

Then tried my only Shiney Charmander and it kept stopping at 80%, after a few more retries it went to 100% and game crashed again, my Shiney Charmander is no stuck in limbo, the Switch icon is gone from Go again so I can't try send anything else.

The Retry option is back, but the Switch Online won't find the Go account anymore :'(

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

I had similar with a Raticate. Near 500xp! 

I ran into a Chansey last night (I had already caught one previously) and gained a whopping 3,555 EXP!

I was like ‘whut?!’ 

bQDyPBw.jpg

• Confused 1

Aw man, tried to do a trade with a randomer, and you need to have paid online to do so....

That means I can't complete my Pokédex now....

22 minutes ago, bob said:

Aw man, tried to do a trade with a randomer, and you need to have paid online to do so....

That means I can't complete my Pokédex now....

No trial left?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

I ran into a Chansey last night (I had already caught one previously) and gained a whopping 3,555 EXP!

I was like ‘whut?!’ 

bQDyPBw.jpg

Chansey are beasts for leveling up. If you get the right catching bonuses you can get over 12,000 exp from a catch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Chansey are beasts for leveling up. If you get the right catching bonuses you can get over 12,000 exp from a catch.

.....that's over 9000, right?

• Haha 5

I finally caught a Staryu (Starmie is my favourite Pokemon) but I’m levelling it up to 45 to learn Hydro Pump before evolving it. 

Starmie is a beast, but my days Staryu is utter crap. 

I just beat Koga and whilst in Fuschia I was looking all over for Safari Zone until I realised I was stood in it. I want a refund. BRING BACK SAFARI ZONE!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I finally caught a Staryu (Starmie is my favourite Pokemon) but I’m levelling it up to 45 to learn Hydro Pump before evolving it. 

Starmie is a beast, but my days Staryu is utter crap. 

I just beat Koga and whilst in Fuschia I was looking all over for Safari Zone until I realised I was stood in it. I want a refund. BRING BACK SAFARI ZONE!

Yeah, the new Safari Zone is useless to me as I can't play Pokemon Go. Not that I needed Go or the Safari Zone to complete the 150 Pokedex but still... :( 

I just beat Surge, and only just realised that you can move the screen to follow the Pokémon around while in catching mode.

I thought you had to wait for them to hop in front of you and time it juuuuuuust right.

This game is too, too easy. I've not played much compared to you guys but I don't think it could've been possible to lose a single fight if I had tried. Every opponent in the first 3 areas has had a single subpar pokemon, which would be ok normally but it's so easy to have 6 high level pokemon in no time now. If anything the difficulty needed scaling up to match the new advantages, but has been scaled down.

It's a good fun game, nostalgic and a great way to bring Red and Blue to life, but why they've made it a baby's game in terms of difficulty is beyond me. Do they think kids can't play hard games?

Hope it ramps up a bit.

• Thanks 1

New record!

DshFKuXUwAAqBU4?format=jpg

I've also had some amazing luck in this play session...

DshFTQkVYAALghR?format=jpg

DshFb0IUUAEWDqv?format=jpg

I've now got Pikachu, Mewtwo, Dragonite, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos sitting on level 100.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Luckily i got spares of the Pokemon i'm looking to transfer across, so i won't lose the ones in Go i want to keep.

Bought a Magikarp from a NPC for 500 coins.  It knows Tackle, so it's not useless.

• Haha 1

Bought that Magikarp as well. I have not spent much money in the game as I keep getting PokéBalls from battles and thus, I have just bought some revives and potions.

30 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Luckily i got spares of the Pokemon i'm looking to transfer across, so i won't lose the ones in Go i want to keep.

Bought a Magikarp from a NPC for 500 coins.  It knows Tackle, so it's not useless.

It's got a 3 star stat rating so it's a decent purchase.

I've just went and wrecked the 3 secret trainer battles with my team of level 100 Pokemon. :p  

Spoiler

DshVhixU4AEFm8t.jpg

DshU0bOU4AI-Wcw.jpg

DshU7AjVYAA0yWQ.jpg

DshVSZVUwAMWlAE.jpg

DshUkesUwAIsX_P.jpg

DshVYI_V4AAuLB3.jpg

The cutscene after beating Green is hilarious. :D 

2 hours ago, bob said:

I just beat Surge, and only just realised that you can move the screen to follow the Pokémon around while in catching mode.

I thought you had to wait for them to hop in front of you and time it juuuuuuust right.

Tell me how, please. Fed up of this. 

Tell me how, please. Fed up of this. 
Er, you just.....move the screen about? In handheld mode anyway, not sure about docked.
  • Thanks 1