NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

So only played about 3 hours of this due to life but my thoughts:

Its brilliant! Im loving it and it is so addictive. I have not been this excited to play a Pokemon game for years.

I know it has nothing on BOTW or XC2 but the game looks great! It is clean, crisp and HD! Its decent to look at for Pokemon standards anyway. 

I love the Pokemon Stadium like battles. 

Really enjoying the tunes too!

I think it is great that the Pokemon appear on screen rather than random battles. I am enjoying the Go catching mechanics. There is a surprisingly level of depth with this game.

I have been playing Pokemon games since Red/Blue and its a shame to see the Pokemon community being so negative towards these games. I am finding them so much fun.

I have never been into IV or natures etc. Maybe this is the game to get my head round them. 

I'm so glad I decided to pick this up. I was not going to due to all the negativity. Good job I decided to ignore.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mokong said:

Actually do IVs from Go carry over when transfered in?

I got a Shiny Charmander with great IVs I been holding on to that planning to transfer over as soon as I get to the Go Park

Kinda...

Because the stats are different between the two games. The IV's are generated somewhat randomly.

However, the better the IV rating, the better the IV rating when it goes to Let's GO. So "Great IV's" in GO will result in Great IV's in Let's GO.

Of course, this is all a moot point anyway, because you can just use S/M's awesome Hyper Training to make all of a Pokémon's IV's perfect. (That feature is in Let's GO) Not to mention the fact that there isn't actually much to do on the competitive side of things, so what are you focusing on IV's for anyway?

When looking at Pokémon stats what do they blue and red labels indicate?

I caught a Growlithe! And then like four more. 

Spoiler

That guy that asks for five Growlithes and gives you a Persian.  I don't want no stinking cat!

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Not to mention the fact that there isn't actually much to do on the competitive side of things, so what are you focusing on IV's for anyway?

Probably a bit of OCD, even if not being competitive I still wanna be the very best like no one ever was ;)

Anyway...can someone tell me how my Pikachu just acted on its own and did a move that is not in his move set? I thought it was cuase I left him idle for a bit when checking my phone but he's not done again since

3 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Probably a bit of OCD, even if not being competitive I still wanna be the very best like no one ever was ;)

Anyway...can someone tell me how my Pikachu just acted on its own and did a move that is not in his move set? I thought it was cuase I left him idle for a bit when checking my phone but he's not done again since

Did you shake/move the joycon to activate his partner power? Note the icon above the fight option.

Yeah I was messing with Pokeball Plus while using phone with left hand...I always assumed that image was saying to shake 2nd controller to have a second player join :p

Didn't know about partner Power moves...does the game tell you bout it...did I miss it some how haha

Pretty early on, I think around Misty's gym? I thought it was a 2nd player thing as well so I skipped over the explanation. That might not be the actual name. :heh:

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Swine (Hide contents)

That guy that asks for five Growlithes and gives you a Persian.  I don't want no stinking cat!

I've read that's actually one of the version differences. In my game, I had another person (a woman if I recall correctly) do the exact opposite. I happened to have caught a bunch of Meowths anyway, so it was no problem.

51 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Yeah you moved your joy-con (edit: I mean your pokéball). It's a move they can do once in a while, I posted my (much cooler :p) version in the other thread just now. And I Googled some details, apparently there are more moves like that. The happiness of your pokémon plays a factor apparently. So play with your pokémon a lot. I do. If you do it enough, you see that icon available. You can use it in the overworld, it will give you an item, or use it during the battle, like you've experienced (you can also use it when another pokémon is fighting, then it will get a boost). I like to save one for a boss fight. It's basically one free one hit kill.

Edit: can't remember any explanation of it.

Edited by Sméagol

The latest entries into the Pokémon franchise, Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!, made their way to Nintendo Switch at the end of last week, generating a lot of praise from critics (ourselves included) and performing relatively well in terms of early sales. As you may be aware, however, many fans have been left disappointed by the premise of the new titles, and this has unfortunately led to many 'review-bombing' the games on popular websites.

Full story is HERE

Absolutely pathetic behavior from these so called fans.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I've read that's actually one of the version differences. In my game, I had another person (a woman if I recall correctly) do the exact opposite. I happened to have caught a bunch of Meowths anyway, so it was no problem.

Curse them!

Starting to get a sore on my finger because of the joy con. I wish you could use a pro controller. Or even the puppy!

Finally got to Fuschia City and the Go Park. Once I got the Sliph Scope I just powered up Pokemon Tower avoiding as many battles as possible and same on way down to Fuschia....I'll back track tomorrow and do them all then.

I just wanted to get my Mystery box for Meltan :)

But does anyone know what the Switch uses to communicate to your Pokemon Go account? Is it Bluetooth or Wifi? I think there might be something wrong with whichever connection it is using on one of my devices.

When I first got the game I had difficulty pairing the two but eventually got it.

When trying to transfer Pokemon over I tried just 5 first but it kept saying there was an error when it got to 80% giving me option to retry and on phone would ask me to select which Gmail account to use for my PoGo again.

Eventually I closed app and tried again, this time with just two Pokemon (Vulpix and Alolan Vulpix,) and it worked fine. Then tried with a single Eevee no issues.

Then said I got extra Eevelutions I'll send over one of each...the status bar got to 100% then gave me an error and crashed the game on the Switch closing it. When I loaded it back up the 3 Pokemon we're not in my Switch and they were no longer on my Phone either....I actually properly killed a Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon.... :'(

Makes me want of trying to transfer more..was gonna do my Shiney Charmander next but only have the one.....

Just posting to say my Pikachu’s Diglett hat is the best thing ever. 

2tMzgIs.jpg

Also, Erika’s gym has never looked so glorious. 

Cybu7kX.jpg

Xo7TVuY.jpg

Lovely stuff. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Full story is HERE

Absolutely pathetic behavior from these so called fans.

More pathetic than usual since there is actually a hardcore game coming next year.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Curse them!

Starting to get a sore on my finger because of the joy con. I wish you could use a pro controller. Or even the puppy!

Yeah, that's actually one of my minor gripes with the game. My fingers don't get sore, but I don't like playing with the one single joy-con.

So yeah, I kept telling me I would wait for next years core pokemon, but you guys (minus Glen-i) just had to keep on praising this game...

Spoiler

iAnUQ2M.jpg

I love it! :D

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

When looking at Pokémon stats what do they blue and red labels indicate?

Swine (Hide contents)

Seriously, no-one here knew? It's been around since Gen 6.

Fine, Pokenerd to the rescue again...

The different colour text determines which stats have a nature modifier. Red text determines a stat that has a 10% boost while blue shows a 10% drop.

• Like 1

Found a Chansey on Route 5 yesterday. It gave 795 EXP! That was nice. Was looking for an Abra and a Growlithe (both of which I also found). Then I made a mistake of trading my Lvl 22 Geodude for a new Geodude, thinking it would be stronger or at least grew faster. I got an Alolan Geodude... frick.

Before quitting yesterday I defeated Surge and got my third badge after about 5 hours' playtime. I like the game but it feels a bit tedious after a small while and I'm not quite sure if the "no battling before catching" is good or bad. I kinda like it but then again, it feels a bit cheap to level up my Abra without ever using it. 

The game is really gorgeous, so clean and colourful and nice to look at.

So people have found out that in Cerulean Cave you can nab a bunch of randomly spawning items. These range from various Pokeballs and berries to one of fossils that you can turn into Kabuto or Omanyte. I managed to nab a couple of fossils yesterday evening and then this morning I found this...

DsbhDYUVYAAgdGt?format=jpg

Score! :D 

• Thanks 1

I read of a glitch on Reddit where if you go into co-op mode, and one trainer holds the master ball, the second trainer can throw whatever ball they want, and get the benefit of the master ball instant catch thing. Not sure if it works though as I haven't got that far yet.

22 minutes ago, bob said:

I read of a glitch on Reddit where if you go into co-op mode, and one trainer holds the master ball, the second trainer can throw whatever ball they want, and get the benefit of the master ball instant catch thing. Not sure if it works though as I haven't got that far yet.

I just tried it and it doesn't work. 

• Like 1

Pathetic

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/11/people_are_review-bombing_pokemon_lets_go_across_major_sites_amazon_japan_blocks_user_scores

People Are Review-Bombing Pokémon: Let's Go Across Major Sites, Amazon Japan Blocks User Scores

The latest entries into the Pokémon franchise, Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!, made their way to Nintendo Switch at the end of last week, generating a lot of praise from critics (ourselves included) and performing relatively well in terms of early sales. As you may be aware, however, many fans have been left disappointed by the premise of the new titles, and this has unfortunately led to many 'review-bombing' the games on popular websites.

'Review-bombing' refers to the act of multiple users spamming user review portions of websites with ridiculously negative reviews, dragging a game's (or other product's) average score down as far as possible. A quick look on the Metacritic page for the Pikachu version of the game shows that the majority of users are leaving negative scores, with 294 bad as opposed to 264 positive reviews being left on the site at the time of writing.

Of course, some of these user reviews will be valid - at least to some extent - although with many zero-score reviews appearing on the day of the game's release (which just so happens to be when Metacritic first starts to allow review scores to be submitted), it's clear to see that fans of the series are using the feature as an opportunity to vent their frustrations, rather than actually test the game for themselves. Users have used phrases such as "a sad excuse for a title", "lazy cash grab", "trash for Pokémon", and "offensive" to describe the games so far.

This mindset appears to have spread to retailers, too, with the user review portion of Amazon Japan taking a particular beating. Presumably after realising what was going on, Amazon has actually now taken away the current star counts for user reviews - you can still leave a full review and star rating (and these can be seen individually) but the overall count has been entirely removed.

Edit: oops sorry didn't notice it had already been posted

Edited by Ronnie

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

In better news

Read that too (not the tweet but the news). It's insane...Sony and Nintendo will be on fire this holiday season :D 

I called my rival Blue because I had no idea Blue was going to show up 5 minutes later :blank:

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1