NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

21 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Enjoying the game so far, got 4 gym badges. I like how it's familiar, but with lots of small changes. I think I'd be fine with the new catching mechanics, if I could use traditional controls. Motion controls suck. 

I played it on the train earlier. I wasn't planning on catching anything as using stupid motion controls in a confined space was just silly.  But first thing that popped up was a shiny Zubat. Screw it, just pretend no one is around me. Had a shiny Golbat following me round since. :grin:

Spoilery stuff (Hide contents)

All the new moves for Eevee are handy, I'm rarely having to use anything else.

I was a bit disappointed when I got to Bill. I remember him being a huge Eevee fan. Not a single mention of Eevee when I'm standing there with an Eevee sitting on my head. The computer didn't have pictures of the original Eeveelutions either.

And the sleazy old man outside the 4th gym is no longer sleazy. 

The drunk/old man who hasn't had his coffee yet is gone as well.

25 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Enjoying the game so far, got 4 gym badges. I like how it's familiar, but with lots of small changes. I think I'd be fine with the new catching mechanics, if I could use traditional controls. Motion controls suck. 

I played it on the train earlier. I wasn't planning on catching anything as using stupid motion controls in a confined space was just silly.  But first thing that popped up was a shiny Zubat. Screw it, just pretend no one is around me. Had a shiny Golbat following me round since. :grin:

Spoilery stuff (Hide contents)

All the new moves for Eevee are handy, I'm rarely having to use anything else.

I was a bit disappointed when I got to Bill. I remember him being a huge Eevee fan. Not a single mention of Eevee when I'm standing there with an Eevee sitting on my head. The computer didn't have pictures of the original Eeveelutions either.

And the sleazy old man outside the 4th gym is no longer sleazy. 

Yeah, I love the new/special moves. My Pikachu has a nice range of moves at his disposal and is ready for most opponents thanks to these additions.

I was also disappointed by what the old man says. :( I posted a pic of it earlier in the thread. It's funny that we can all remember his original line. :D 

15 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

In that case I’ll probably get it digitally and maybe one day get the pokeball separately. Mew would be nice to have but I can live without him for now. I have a 100% IV one in Pokémon Go anyway yet he never gets used for anything. 

Mew can't be transferred from Go to Let's Go.

The Pokè Ball Mew is also time exclusive. It won't be around for too long.

Nabbed my final badge.

DsPWHHvVAAAEMs7?format=jpg

I think I'll leave Victory Road until the morning.

My team consists of Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Pidgeot, Blastoise and Articuno. I still need to capture the other 2 legendary birds so I may do that before heading off to the Elite 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Catching Mr. Mime turned out to be a right nightmare! 

Took me about an hour - and about 100 great balls! 

But I caught him in the end. And very tempted to add him to my team. I love me some Mr. Mime. :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I love me some Mr. Mime.

You and Ash's mother.

• Haha 4

So I just stumbled on something that I just had to share.

Some person with way too much time and way too much awesome just made a bunch of sprites for Pokémon from Gen 2-5 to make them look like old school Gen 1 sprites.

Yeah, yeah. Expected. But what sets this apart is that they went for a style the resembles the sprites from Pokémon Green, the original version of Red/Blue only released in Japan.

In case you don't know, Green sprites are notorious for looking... Off... Some of them are pretty terrible and make for some easy laughs.

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Mew can't be transferred from Go to Let's Go.

The Pokè Ball Mew is also time exclusive. It won't be around for too long.

Meh. Either way I have the game downloading to my Switch now. If I can afford to get the ball soon I’ll get it. If not, no biggie. 

2 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Finally caught a wild Squirtle on Route 24, spent close to an hour I think between before going to bed last night and this morning before work.

Now have the 3 original starters, now I can move forward :)

https://twitter.com/MokongX3M/status/1064044446587674624?s=09

(during posting, select the option to display the link as "plain text", only then will it get embedded as a tweet)

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Finally caught a wild Squirtle on Route 24, spent close to an hour I think between before going to bed last night and this morning before work.

Why didn't you just get the free Squirtle from Vermilion City?

7 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

I have the Pokeball. How do I get Mew?

Make sure the Pokè Ball is connected to the game and that you have the Pokédex.

Open the menu and choose "Connectivity". Then choose "Mystery Gift" and select "Get with a Pokè Ball Plus"

The Elite 4 have been defeated and my adventure is over.

DsRNo3xV4AAcVH7?format=jpg

I ended up catching Zapdos and Moltres before going to bed last night and then taking on the Elite 4 when I woke up this morning. This was my HoF team.

DsRNigcVYAA9KH2?format=jpg

I shelved Charizard for Moltres as his fire attacks seemed a bit weak when compared to the Legendary bird. Not that I needed him anyway. Pikachu, Venusaur and Articuno took care of business on their own.

I say my adventure is over but I need to catch Mewtwo and then possibly fill in the Pokedex. I say possibly as I'm not sure it's worth the effort seeing as I probably won't be getting Mew.

What a fantastic game. Hands down one of my favourite Switch games that I've played through this year.

EDIT: Mewtwo GET!

DsRTO1TUcAASUAP?format=jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Why didn't you just get the free Squirtle from Vermilion City?

Cuz not been to Vermilion yet :p

WWanted to get them ASAP, found a wild Charmander by pure luck before Cerulean City when not even looking for it so the free one was my 2nd Charmander :)

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What a fantastic game. Hands down one of my favourite Switch games that I've played through this year.

High praise indeed, glad you enjoyed it.

• Thanks 1

I'm loving the way the Pokémon appear and wander around, but damn if it didn't give me a heart attack when an Onix appeared for the first time.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

So I just stumbled on something that I just had to share.

Some person with way too much time and way too much awesome just made a bunch of sprites for Pokémon from Gen 2-5 to make them look like old school Gen 1 sprites.

Yeah, yeah. Expected. But what sets this apart is that they went for a style the resembles the sprites from Pokémon Green, the original version of Red/Blue only released in Japan.

In case you don't know, Green sprites are notorious for looking... Off... Some of them are pretty terrible and make for some easy laughs.

You're welcome.

Just so you know, that link is broken. I believe this is the image you wanted? It's quite a sight, I can't even single out one Pokémon that was particularly well done, because they're all horrific in all the right ways.

• Thanks 1

I'm hardly getting any berries, have I missed some easy way of acquiring more? Early on the Pokemon following me would occasionally find some in bushes, but that hasn't happened at all since the early stages of the game.

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

I'm hardly getting any berries, have I missed some easy way of acquiring more? Early on the Pokemon following me would occasionally find some in bushes, but that hasn't happened at all since the early stages of the game.

Yeah, I’ve ran out of berries too now. 

Not at gym 4 yet, but it does make catching Pokemon that bit more difficult with no berry to lob at them!

So got all 3 "Free" original starters after already finding them in the wild then made a bee line for the guy who adds the Judge ability on Route 11 so I could compare IVs (I looked up how to check IVs) and the 3 "free" one's all had 2 Fantastic and 1 Best IVs, much better than one's I had from wild, so even though all the ones I had first we're at 2nd stage evolution I dropped them and switched in the newer ones with better IVs haha. Now I get to evolve them all over again :)

2 minutes ago, Mokong said:

So got all 3 "Free" original starters after already finding them in the wild then made a bee line for the guy who adds the Judge ability on Route 11 so I could compare IVs (I looked up how to check IVs) and the 3 "free" one's all had 2 Fantastic and 1 Best IVs, much better than one's I had from wild, so even though all the ones I had first we're at 2nd stage evolution I dropped them and switched in the newer ones with better IVs haha. Now I get to evolve them all over again :)

Yeah, all the Pokemon you get given in the game, as well as the legendaries, have great stats. Not that it should make any difference to your progress. The 3 starters I used all had 1 star rating in their stats and they still managed to perform well throughout most of the game.

• Thanks 1

Actually do IVs from Go carry over when transfered in?

I got a Shiny Charmander with great IVs I been holding on to that planning to transfer over as soon as I get to the Go Park

Started playing this now, so much nostalgia. Loving it so far. Already caught a wild Pikachu. Just entered Pewter city and healed up my Pokèmon and left it there for now. 

Love seeing the Pokèmon just wondering around on the screen as opposed to “hiding” in the long grass, adds so much more. Finding just holding on joycon to feel weird right now but I’m sure that will pass. 

• Like 2