NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

1 minute ago, Falcon_Black said:

But both audiences are satisfied with my approach - NEW GAMES/NEW GEN = All the bells and whistles as we'd expect - REMAKES = Lets Go Style.

I think we should allow Nintendo to cater these games to newer audiences, especially when they have clearly and strategically stated that a core game is out next year.

I'm not convinced that the two will be kept as seperate as that. We'll have to see of course how Gen 8 does in comparison to Let's Go, but yeah, I'm pretty uncertain.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

I'm not convinced that the two will be kept as seperate as that. We'll have to see of course how Gen 8 does in comparison to Let's Go, but yeah, I'm pretty uncertain.

I can only go by their word and tbh Gamefreak/Nintendo hasn't really let me down re the core franchises that I love. I've come to trust their approaches rather than to be a skeptic. Thats just me.

27 minutes ago, Falcon_Black said:

But both audiences are satisfied with my approach - NEW GAMES/NEW GEN = All the bells and whistles as we'd expect - REMAKES = Lets Go Style.

Not sure if I'm reading your formula correctly, but you think this has all the bells and whistles we expect?

Just now, EEVILMURRAY said:

Not sure if I'm reading your formula correctly, but you think this has all the bells and whistles we expect?

No. The main, new generation titles to have all the "bells and whistles" (just like X and Y)

The remakes of former generations to be of the style of Lets Go. Im down with that formula.

2 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

No, he's talking about the upcoming Generation 8 game next year. He expects that to have the bells and whistles.

EDIT: Well, I got Greninja'd. Stupid speed stat...

Edited by Glen-i

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

No, he's talking about the upcoming Generation 8 game next year. He expects that to have the bells and whistles.

EDIT: Well, I got Greninja'd. Stupid speed stat...

LOL, have this window open as I play. We talking Ninjask levels.

Edited by Falcon_Black
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Falcon_Black said:

I think we should allow Nintendo to cater these games to newer audiences, especially when they have clearly and strategically stated that a core game is out next year.

To me it didnt make sense how ORAS had the most updated features over XY. People only really buy remakes for the nostalgia...Lets Go remakes wont hurt.

Well, I mean, just speaking for myself and to my experience as a Pokémon fan: I am going to be miffed, at best, if the next time we see Sinnoh and Unova it’s in a Let’s Go game as opposed to a remake along the lines of FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS — and I know plenty of others that feel the same way. I’m 100% cool if we get a Let’s Go game set in Johto next and following that Hoenn, because we’ve already seen those be brought up to current standards at the time of their remakes — but I do think that Let’s Go remakes of games which have yet to be remade will be a bit of a slap in the face to fans of those generations, who are expecting a typical remake as they’ve seen previously. 

The Pokémon Company will do whatever they deem best, of course — perhaps Let’s Go is the future. But if a typical Sinnoh remake is sidelined and Let’s Go games go through remaking games in order of release, then we aren’t going to see Sinnoh remade for some time, and like I mentioned before, I’m not sure if TPCi would choose to leave it by the wayside for so long, as those are their third best-selling games. 

But I digress. This is probably a talk for another day, in another thread. 

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

Well, I mean, just speaking for myself and to my experience as a Pokémon fan: I am going to be miffed, at best, if the next time we see Sinnoh and Unova it’s in a Let’s Go game as opposed to a remake along the lines of FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS — and I know plenty of others that feel the same way. I’m 100% cool if we get a Let’s Go game set in Johto next and following that Hoenn, because we’ve already seen those be brought up to current standards at the time of their remakes — but I do think that Let’s Go remakes of games which have yet to be remade will be a bit of a slap in the face to fans of those generations, who are expecting a typical remake as they’ve seen previously. 

The Pokémon Company will do whatever they deem best, of course — perhaps Let’s Go is the future. But if a typical Sinnoh remake is sidelined and Let’s Go games go through remaking games in order of release, then we aren’t going to see Sinnoh remade for some time, and like I mentioned before, I’m not sure if TPCi would choose to leave it by the wayside for so long, as those are their third best-selling games. 

But I digress. This is probably a talk for another day, in another thread. 

I hear you...But even as a hardcore fan of Pokemon since '96...Im happy newbies and young ones of today can experience Kanto in this more approachable fashion. Two directions for the two audiences sounds fair to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

I never even gave this thought...

TPC: We're pleased to announce Pokémon: Let's GO Zorua and Let's GO Drilbur!

LOicMJA.gif

• Haha 2

So I have £55 eshop credit and thinking of getting this digitally. Is the Pokeball worth it if I have a GoPlus already? What advantage does the ball have that I would be missing. I know it’s a bit cheaper physically but if I already have the funds on the shop I might as well get it there. I loved Red and Blue and have been loving all the stuff I’ve been seeing on this game. 

4 minutes ago, Falcon_Black said:

Woah! That ridable pokemon you get in vermillion is AWESOME!

Which one did you get?

5 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

So I have £55 eshop credit and thinking of getting this digitally. Is the Pokeball worth it if I have a GoPlus already? What advantage does the ball have that I would be missing. I know it’s a bit cheaper physically but if I already have the funds on the shop I might as well get it there. I loved Red and Blue and have been loving all the stuff I’ve been seeing on this game. 

Do you want a Mew? That's the main selling point.

It also works simlarly to the Pokéwalker that Heart Gold/Soul Silver came packaged with. You put a Pokémon in it, connect it to Pokémon GO and go for a walkabout. When you put it back in Pokemon Let's GO, it gets experience and might bring back items.

So yeah, it's a not free Pokéwalker that lacks a screen but functions as a controller for the Switch. It also can't connect with other Poké Ball Plus like the Pokéwalker did.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Never had the Go+ - but the pokeball+ is my desired choice for playing. The vibration feedback and sounds are spot on.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Falcon_Black said:
  Ridable Pokemon in vermillion (Hide contents)

Persian. never expected it to be ridable!

Same as me. I assume if you have the other version of the game you'll get the other Pokemon he offers.

It's kinda relevant to this, because it'll be interesting to see whether a competitive scene develops for this. (I mean, it is the internet, they probably will compete in it just because they can)

But @Dcubed recently introduced me to a YouTube series of videos that looks at how good certain Pokémon were in these competitive battles throughout the series. It's also good for finding out how the metagame has developed over the games.

• Thanks 2

Woah...from the SS Anne the difficulty actually begins to rack up...ofcourse I've ditched my starter pikachu, but found myself using revives during the rival battle. It actually feels exactly how Pokemon Yellow felt in terms of difficulty at that point in the game.

The way that the Lavender Town events play out in a more cinematic way in this game are fantastic. I love the little changes that have been made here and there, as well as the cute details lying around the place. For example...

DsNa7edU8AAR7pz?format=jpg

I just finished a co-op session with my 5 year old niece. She knows of Pokemon thanks to her school friend ( Oliver ) who collects the cards. She told me all about this whole playing. :p When she seen Cubone on the TV she yelled " I know that one!". :D 

The co-op experience was fantastic and well suited for her. With me helping her out and showing her the ropes she quickly grasped how to select an attack and also catch Pokemon. We kept high fiving every time we caught a Pokemon. Brilliant stuff. :heart:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:
  My new outfit (Hide contents)

:D 

Spoiler

Hahaha! Loving Pikachu’s outfit. :laughing: 

Getting increasingly tempted to buy this game right now. :hehe: 

Just now, RedShell said:
  Hide contents

Hahaha! Loving Pikachu’s outfit. :laughing: 

Getting increasingly tempted to buy this game right now. :hehe: 

Quick! Everyone start posting more screenshots of various outfits to get RedShell on board!

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Quick! Everyone start posting more screenshots of various outfits to get RedShell on board! 

Do they have to be from the game? I'm looking pretty rad today. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Do they have to be from the game? I'm looking pretty rad today. 

Don't give @S.C.G any reason to start posting Fresh Prince gifs in this thread.

• Haha 3