NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Honestly, unless that mono team involves a mono Pokémon, "hard mode" is a big overstatement.

Well, atleast it will boost the difficulty somewhat. I may also get rid of the main Pikachu.

6 minutes ago, Falcon_Black said:

Well, atleast it will boost the difficulty somewhat. I may also get rid of the main Pikachu.

I mean, you kinda have to, don't you? Pikachu is a terrible Poison Pokémon.

How do you control this with the Pokeball. All the on screen prompts say press b or y but the Pokeball doesn't have these. Somehow ended up in a menu and couldn't get out of it.

4 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

How do you control this with the Pokeball. All the on screen prompts say press b or y but the Pokeball doesn't have these. Somehow ended up in a menu and couldn't get out of it.

haha, yeah thats ridiculous! It tells me it was made primarily for kids. Have to go handheld mode to get into the menu. Or switch from pokebox to the main team

28 minutes ago, Falcon_Black said:

Well I may just include it to see how the game progressing with it, storywise

I think even if you box the Pikachu/Eevee, it still sticks around with you for cutscenes and the like.

38 minutes ago, Falcon_Black said:

haha, yeah thats ridiculous! It tells me it was made primarily for kids. Have to go handheld mode to get into the menu. Or switch from pokebox to the main team

That's crazy, I thought I was missing something!!! So the Pokeball is pretty pointless right?

Feels so weird walking through the grass and not being afraid of a random battle hitting. :D 

3 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

That's crazy, I thought I was missing something!!! So the Pokeball is pretty pointless right?

You at least get Mew from it.

• Haha 1

content-4-35658-pokemonletsgolaunchdaytrailerbanner.jpg

Annnd, the trailer is up on the front page! :peace:

and I ordered a copy... damn I'm weak! :p

Oh well!

::shrug:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Is there like an instruction manual for the Pokeball Plus?

I put my Pikachu in it to take it for a walk but it is not making any sounds, not saying it's name?

When I press buttons the light just slowly flashes like it is looking for the switch to connect to.

I also tried holding in top button and stick at same time and the light I could then change to red or blue...do those lights indicate something?

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Feels so weird walking through the grass and not being afraid of a random battle hitting. :D 

I really hope they keep that for the Gen 8 game. Oh and the no battles v wild Pokemon thing too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I really hope they keep that for the Gen 8 game. Oh and the no battles v wild Pokemon thing too

I don't agree for that. There's no tension to catching a Pokemon anymore. There's no risk of trying to weaken a Pokemon with the knowledge that a miscalculation could scupper your chances.

Catching Pokémon has no impact anymore. You just catch and it's really no big deal.

Edited by Glen-i

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I really hope they keep that for the Gen 8 game. Oh and the no battles v wild Pokemon thing too. 

I'm really enjoying the catching of Pokemon. There's no more faffing about with trying to whittle down its health bar. As long as you have a Pokeball handy you are good to go. It's certainly streamlined the process.

• Like 2

Ok I sorted my question on the Pokeball Plus...you have to hold down the stick on it for it to start playing the sounds of Pokemon inside it.

However now I seem to be having issues linking the game to my Pokemon Go?

Do I have to be a certain amount into the game for it to work?

The option for "Open Pokemon Go settings" is on my menu, I open it I have it searching, on my phone I've gone to the app, gone to settings and Nintendo Switch and both just keep searching but nothing is found?

Bluetooth is turned on on phone and both on same wifi

EDIT,

Never mind got it now...seems Switch had to be docked for some reason....or maybe cuase it is on a wired internet when docked?

Are weather effects and group battles gone from this game? 

I bloody well hope so. Hate them in the main games. 

Loving this so far! 

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

TBH, I really love this. The wild encounters were a bore and I prefer this more skill-based combo system and the potential to rack up sweet bonus points...Not the mindless paralyze then false swipe rinse and repeat. Im loving this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Ok I sorted my question on the Pokeball Plus...you have to hold down the stick on it for it to start playing the sounds of Pokemon inside it.

However now I seem to be having issues linking the game to my Pokemon Go?

Do I have to be a certain amount into the game for it to work?

The option for "Open Pokemon Go settings" is on my menu, I open it I have it searching, on my phone I've gone to the app, gone to settings and Nintendo Switch and both just keep searching but nothing is found?

Bluetooth is turned on on phone and both on same wifi

EDIT,

Never mind got it now...seems Switch had to be docked for some reason....or maybe cuase it is on a wired internet when docked?

Im having issues with my Pokeball plus connecting to my phone - but connecting the switch to pokemon Go was seamless, you just have to make them search at the same time. So cool seeing the switch symbol on my phone. 

I'll never tire of watching Pikachu being launched into battle and then unleashing Zippy Zap. :D 

I'm on my way to Vermilion City and here's my team so far.

DsJtLadU8AAZoIi?format=jpg

I made an effort to get the 3 starters on my team early on and the Pidgey line was always a Pokemon I used back in the day. Nidorina is just there to fill in a gap until I find a Dratini or catch Articuno. Which ever comes first really.

Absolutely loving the game. It's fresh but still gives that feeling of nostalgia. I'd love the likes of Gold and Silver to get the same treatment as this.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Falcon_Black said:

Im having issues with my Pokeball plus connecting to my phone - but connecting the switch to pokemon Go was seamless, you just have to make them search at the same time. So cool seeing the switch symbol on my phone. 

Not tried to connect the Pokeball Plus to phone yet... Was you Switch docked or handheld when you connected it to Go, mine wouldn't find Go account while in handheld once it was docked it popped up right away :p

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll never tire of watching Pikachu being launched into battle and then unleashing Zippy Zap. :D 

I'm on my way to Vermilion City and here's my team so far.

DsJtLadU8AAZoIi?format=jpg

I made an effort to get the 3 starters on my team early on and the Pidgey line was always a Pokemon I used back in the day. Nidorina is just there to fill in a gap until I find a Dratini or catch Articuno. Which ever comes first really.

Absolutely loving the game. It's fresh but still gives that feeling of nostalgia. I'd love the likes of Gold and Silver to get the same treatment as this.

I found a couple of Blubasaur...where are Charmander and Squirtle?

I got a single shiny Charmander in Go that I want to transfer over but will probably want to find me a Charmander to use til I get to the Go Park

10 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Not tried to connect the Pokeball Plus to phone yet... Was you Switch docked or handheld when you connected it to Go, mine wouldn't find Go account while in handheld once it was docked it popped up right away :p

I got a single shiny Charmander in Go that I want to transfer over but will probably want to find me a Charmander to use til I get to the Go Park

Charmander is on the routes before Mt. Moon and Squirtle is just after Nugget Bridge.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Charmander is on the routes before Mt. Moon and Squirtle is just after Nugget Bridge.

I went into Mt Moon...never saw a Charmander...will have to backtrack haha.

Also is there an NPC that let's Pokemon relearn moves they forgot in this game?

My son was playing on his profile and when Pikachu tried to learn Double Team he didn't pay attention and just kept pressing A and forgot Thunder Shock, no his only attack move is Quick Attack....and yeah I did try close game without saving but he must have saved after he done it haha

Is there a way to have the Switch docked and not have motion controls? Watching the missus play and she makes the throwing motion the same way but the ball goes all over the place.

If we pair two joy-cons up in the settings, when you go back into the game it splits them apart.

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

You also can just get one for free like in Yellow.

@EEVILMURRAY, no way to do that. Single joycon only in docked.

Edited by Glen-i

I say Lets Go is the perfect way to do a remake... Ever since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, something felt weird as to how it became the more up-to-date game even though it was like 3 gens or so behind (thinking of the available move tutors and all) - I feel if they want to remake older games a Lets Go approach is best, so it doesnt conflict with the latest generation and its naturally superior features, I feel, it should have.

• Like 2