NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just logged into my Shopto account to see what's going on with the game as it has yet to ship and was met with a message about how the games shipment has had a delay. Apparently this is effecting most retailers in the UK, which would explain why Simply Games haven't shipped either.

@Glen-i I know you have a hatred for this game but you didn't have to hijack the shipment!

I have no idea what you're talking about...

tenor.gif?itemid=5112674

• Haha 3

Definitely going to go digital with this. 

Watching the trailers and reading reviews / watching YT reviews, it has my so hyped. 

I think it looks amazing. And I’ve always loved the Kanto gym leaders / elite 4 as is it takes me way back to the Pokemon stadium days as a kid where gym leader castle was all I played for about a year. :D. I love these gym leaders. 

Still toying with Pikachu / Eevee but leaning more towards Pikachu. 

I’ve not been this excited for a game in a while. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Are you honestly surprised though? Pokémon in particular has been absolutely notorious for games getting out very early recently.

I got Pokemon X a day early back in 2013 - ahhhh good times, sicky pulled and all...:/

Just played my first three hours where I made my way to Cerulean city before calling it a night. First impressions: it's *easy*, at least so far. It looks incredible and I'm very nostalgic for the story, the characters and Pokémon and stuff like that. Seeing Pokémon roaming around in the overworld is much preferable to the old fashioned way of encountering them randomly in the grass, to me at least. I've caught around fifteen of the critters. Looking forward to going further tomorrow and I hope it gets a little more difficult. Seems like this game *is* the perfect entry point for beginners. As someone who played Red on day one in 1999, I'm finding it incredibly basic, but then of course I have all the knowledge that a beginning player would not. It does make me wish I was growing up today and playing this as my first ever Pokémon game, as it looks so much better than the originals did back in the day.

• Like 2

@Ugh first aid and I were playing this.

All the trainer levels are a lot lower than Pokémon Yellow, a lot of them have less Pokémon as well. They definitely lowered the difficulty of the game. There's no way to turn off having every Pokémon get experience all the time.

Co-op helps to redeem the game. Don't get me wrong, it trivialises the game even further. You blatantly cheat your way through the Pokémon League by using 2 Pokémon against 1. But there's something more interesting about just running around with someone else. It was entertaining. Insultingly easy, but we made our own fun.

Now she has an Ivysaur following her while I have a newly caught Charmander following me. Soundtrack's nice. 

• Like 1

I knew you couldn't resist playing it. The game has only been out a few hours and you've already played it before most of us.:p 

I doubt my Pikachu copy will arrive today so i'm tempted to pick up the Eevee version on my lunch break. I usually buy both versions of the games anyway and seeing as my current playthrough of Ultra Moon consists of a team of Eevee evolutions, it would be quite fitting to play this with Eevee on my team. :D 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I knew you couldn't resist playing it. The game has only been out a few hours and you've already played it before most of us.:p 

I doubt my Pikachu copy will arrive today so i'm tempted to pick up the Eevee version on my lunch break. I usually buy both versions of the games anyway and seeing as my current playthrough of Ultra Moon consists of a team of Eevee evolutions, it would be quite fitting to play this with Eevee on my team. :D 

I'm not gonna sit there and watch @Ugh first aid play it if I can as well. I'm not gonna sit there doing nothing and being Mr. No Fun.

Make no mistake, I'm not buying it myself. FireRed/LeafGreen is a better game.

Edited by Glen-i

@Glen-i It's not a Charmander! He is a Hamilton! and he is very happy! 

So i've had a lot more fun with this game already then I expected to be honest...I've had some crazy luck already... First pokemon I saw entering Viridian forest was a Bulbasaur, not knowing that it's a rare spawn. 

I've had a little too much fun in naming my rival too.

I've got way too much mileage out of this name then expected and i'm only at Cerulean city! 

Oh yeah and this happened 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Weird 2

The bundle is £75 in Argos which is currently cheaper than Amazon. My preorder is the same  price, but they won't me cancel mine.

I really really want to play this but I think I'm going to resist. Been spending a lot of money recently and need to save a bit of cash. Hope you all enjoy it though

Crack confirmed! This game is addictive, just as expected. The battles were always going to be easy but for me Im finding the catch combo farming mechanic to be most alluring to find the greater pokemon as well as perfecting my throw technique.

33 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

2 more hours....Just 2 more hours before I can finally play this.

giphy.gif

I just had to take today and monday off...(as well as the 7th and 10th :D)

@Hero-of-Time god damnit! The nostalgia from that trailer... :grin:

*hovers over order button again*

No! I must stay strong... these feelings will fade. :blank:

"Po-ke-monnnnnn! Gotta Catch 'em All!"

But they recreated the tv show intro using in-game clips, that's got to be worth buying the game for... :o

*considers buying the game*

Don't do it... I mean... I won't do it but damn...  :hmm:

...I have to at least post that trailer on the main site now, it's the least I can do. :D

Enjoy the game everyone! :peace:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

HELL YEAH!

Wow. 

That’ll sell another million or two

Im pleasantly surprised by how seamless the bluetooth connectivity is between the Switch and my phone and the pokeball plus to the phone....Going for a stroll with Bulbasaur now....:D Happy AF

Edited by Falcon_Black

10 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

@Hero-of-Time god damnit! The nostalgia from that trailer... :grin:

*hovers over order button again*

No! I must stay strong... these feelings will fade. :blank:

"Po-ke-monnnnnn! Gotta Catch 'em All!"

But they recreated the tv show intro using in-game clips, that's got to be worth buying the game for... :o

*considers buying the game*

Don't do it... I mean... I won't do it but damn...  :hmm:

...I have to at least post that trailer on the main site now, it's the least I can do. :D

Enjoy the game everyone! :peace:

Just buy and play the thing, man!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Falcon_Black said:

I have decided!...My team shall be MONO poison! Hard mode baby!

Honestly, unless that mono team involves a mono Pokémon, "hard mode" is a big overstatement.