NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

I'll try to put this in as little of a spoilerific title as possible.

Spoiler

It's an evolution of Meltan.

character-1b.png

characterb_art.png

DqRocz7WsAEp2jl.jpg

It's called Melmetal.

This guy I like. It's like Buzzwole's Mechanical Cousin.

It can only evolve in Pokémon GO.

It has become clear that Meltan will only evolve into Melmetal in Pokémon GO. To evolve it, you will need 400 Meltan Candies.

Edited by Glen-i

14 minutes ago, markderoos said:

That’s the first Pokémon I will never obtain then...

I can only hope that Gen 8 will pull a Milotic and change that method.

• Thanks 1

I'm still not sure if I will get this game, but I can see myself caving into damned nostalgia (sorry @Glen-i)

I may just get @Daft to get BuffBlob for me though as I gave up on PoGo a long time ago.

How much do you have to have played Pokemon Go for this game? 

What are the benefits? 

18 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

What are the benefits? 

Hard to say precisely at this point. But having played PoGo will at least give you an idea of the catching mechanics of Let's Go, and the benefit of having played more than enough PoGo is that you can transfer your Pokémon to Let's Go, giving you the chance to get a strong Dragonite in Let's Go. Also, you can only evolve the new Pokémon Meltan through Pokémon Go. Aside from that, though, it's not a requirement to enjoy Let's Go, I believe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

What are the benefits? 

@MindFreak has it almost right.

One feature he overlooked though is that connecting Let's GO to GO will make it very easy to catch Meltan in GO for 30 minutes. This can be repeated whenever you transfer another Pokémon to the Switch game.

• Like 2

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokemon-lets-go-to-be-final-directorial-role-for-masuda-for-core-games.78428/

Pokemon Let's Go will be the final game that Junichi Masuda will ever direct.  He's retiring as game director of the mainline series after this and will focus purely on music from now on.

It's likely that Shigeru Ohmori (director of ORAS and Sun/Moon) will take over the reigns of the series from now on.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

The game(s) won't support Pro Controllers, by the way. Weird choice.

Not really.  Considering that the game requires you to make a throwing motion with the Joy-con in docked mode... yeah... that wouldn't end well with a Pro Controller...

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Not really.  Considering that the game requires you to make a throwing motion with the Joy-con in docked mode... yeah... that wouldn't end well with a Pro Controller...

My first thought as well but it's possible to do it without doing the motion. 

https://www.vgr.com/heres-how-to-catch-pokemon-in-lets-go-pikachu-and-eevee-without-motion-controls/

https://nordic.ign.com/switch/19250/news/pokemon-lets-go-works-without-motion-controls-but-theres-a-c

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-eevee-for-nintendo-switch-dont-use-motion-controls-in-handheld-mode-nint-1923684

So it seems that they reverted the decision that you have to use motion controls. It's just better to do so.

I'm really excited to hear about how this game plays in handheld mode.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 1

Nice, I  may well just play this in Handheld mode exclusively then until an inevitable update which might allow Pro Controllers while docked further down the line. :D

I dislike having to use the Joy-Cons on their own as it is, I'll put up with it for the odd game of Super Mario Party but that's about it. ::shrug:

Obviously I understand the advantages to using just Joy-Cons for certain games but recently a lot of wireless technology has fallen out of favor in our household.

So that includes Bluetooth and a lot of RF devices and especially Wi-Fi... the upside is that going back to ethernet will be a lot more stable so that's good. :peace:

Anyway, that's probably a subject for another thread in the future.

For now, I may well play Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! here and there to see how I get on with it but it's always nice to have options.

Hmm having to use Joy-Cons pretty much eliminates (comfortablly) playing while travelling which is a shame.

• Thanks 1

Weird for no Pro controller support, but I kind of understand why.  Will most likely have to play this outside of my commute (normally play a lot of Switch commuting) and play at my desk at lunch or at home.

Anyone else start singing that football chant in their head when they read the title?

2 hours ago, bob said:

Anyone else start singing that football chant in their head when they read the title?

Cant wait for me brand new Lets Go Switch Console BOY!...I was 50/50 with the Smash one, but that yellow and brown is just too unique

It's hard to believe that this is out next week. I'm quite looking forward to finally playing it. It's just a shame my phone can't run Pokemon Go to get the connectivity benefits from the game. :( 

Obviously @Falcon_Black is buying the game but who else is picking the game up at launch? 

I hope to get a review copy of it - otherwise I'll probably not get it at launch but later down the line. 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Obviously @Falcon_Black is buying the game but who else is picking the game up at launch? 

That's gonna be a hard no from me. As a competitive player, this offers very little that interests me.

The Nature Woman looks really useful though, so I hope that carries over to next year's game.

Edited by Glen-i

I'm going to wait for reviews I think. I'm not sure it's going to offer me what I want it to, so I want to check before I buy.