NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That Decidueye figure looks great.

Yep the Decidueye one is great and fires an arrow, gives it an extra dimension.

Bewear has a hugging action, he's not getting opened until Christmas though so can't report on his awesomeness until then. :smile:

They had the super colourful Alolan Muk which was hard to leave behind.

Can't wait for the new Switch game. I have been playing Pokémon Go daily since launch and am looking forward to just lounging on the sofa and not having to walk anywhere.

Edited by Space
  • Haha 1

@Serebii has played a 2-hour demo that goes up to Pewter Gym and Has posted a lot of details on his site.

Unfortunately, he confirmed the biggest fear I had for quite a while now.

As many people have speculated through various demos and videos, there are no held items in the game and no option to make a Pokémon hold an item. This means that many of the items you come to expect such as Choice Band cannot be found. In addition to this, Abilities also aren't in the game.

Poor Marowak, gone back to being mediocre. And Farfetch'd. And Ditto. (OK, those last two were still mediocre these days, but now they're terrible again)

• Like 2

Wasn’t really sure whether to put this here or in the GO thread, but I suppose that news of it coming was first revealed in a Let’s Go trailer, so...

The design of the new Pokémon being released later this year with Let’s Go, as advertised in trailers, appears to have leaked — in the network traffic of GO, of all places. 

So as to not spoil the potential surprise of this Pokemon’s design, it can be found hiding in the spoiler tag below. 

Spoiler

DnmGclRUcAEZPty.png

It looks like a Klink, an Unown, and a Ditto walked into a bar...and ended up fusing with one another? It seems like such an odd design.

It’s body kind of reminds me of that Ditto evolution found in the Gold/Silver beta a few months back. I suppose that it would make sense for the Pokémon to be somehow related to another Pokémon from Gen I, as opposed to a new standalone Pokémon? That Ditto evolution was Steel type, if I recall correctly. 

Could also be an Ultra Beast, I guess...

According to @Serebii, this design also has a shiny variant, and so is unlikely to be a placeholder. 

I have to wonder if the reveal of this Pokémon will be bumped up, assuming that this really is its design? 

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

What the actual fuck.

It looks like those shitty Olympic mascots we had.

dzn_london2012_mascots_wenlock_mandevill

Edited by bob
  • Haha 2

Well, @Dcubed How's your theory of "the new Pokémon they're releasing in this game is gonna be the new Pokémon Smash rep"?

Because there is no way in hell if that's what it is!

It's the Pokémon this game deserves.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

The Pokémon is now appearing in Pokémon GO after the Chikorita event, and in increasing numbers.

Spoiler

mysterypokemon.jpg

It transforms into Ditto when captured.

Huh. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

Just a follow-up to the Pokémon let loose on GO the other day, it’s now official: meet Meltan.

character-1@2x.png

A new species of Pokémon—one that nobody has ever seen before—has been discovered! This Pokémon is called Meltan, and as of now, it is quite the enigma.

Most of Meltan’s body is made from liquid metal, and its shape is very fluid. It can use its liquid arms and legs to corrode metal and absorb it into its own body.

Meltan generates electricity using the metal it absorbs from outside sources. It uses this electricity as an energy source and also as an attack that can be fired from its eye.

Clearly a curious Pokémon, Meltan is very expressive and shows an interest in all kinds of things.

232.jpg

925_new_screen5@2x.jpg

I’m a big fan of the way that Meltan was revealed; considering that there’s not too much to speculate about regarding Let’s Go, it seems a smart move to have the speculation instead be about a previously unseen Pokémon left nameless for a few days.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it was revealed in a very creative way.

I just wish Meltan was a bit less, well, boring. All that speculation on what Let's Go's new Pokémon could be and it's just Ditto Unown Nut. The fact that people were speculating that it was a Ditto evolution just goes to show how uninspiring the design is.

EDIT: Well, someone's already improved it's design by a million.

6i55ivy65bo11.png

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

So, I'm not entirely sure where to put this, but it's too weird/funny not to share.

Spoiler

You guys know who Edvard Munch is? I certainly do and am in no way lying to make myself look more cultured *ahem*

Anyway, he's the guy who painted the famous artwork "The Scream". In Japan, there's an exhibition about his work and it's the first time that painting is going to be shown in Japan.

So how do you celebrate? With Pokemon, of course!

qisrv4f.jpg

These are 100% official Pokémon cards and can be bought at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum or through the online Pokémon Center site (Japan)

Whoever thought of this idea needs a raise. The Pikachu and Eevee ones are a bit too on-model for my tastes but the rest are great. Especially the Psyduck! Imagine going to the world TCG championships and busting out that thing.

BTW, the attack on all of these cards is called "Scream"

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

Holy crap, an idea I actually like!

I mean, it's not gonna get me to buy this uninspiring excuse of a remake. But hey, it's something!

If there's 151, does that mean there's a Ditto trainer? How's that gonna work?

Edited by Glen-i

Yeah that's actually a good idea. Did the trailer say 151 trainers? I wouldn't want to go up against Mewtwo...

Oh, and you have to use the same Pokémon? That's a bit lame but I guess it would otherwise be too easy.

Edited by MindFreak

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Holy crap, an idea I actually like!

I mean, it's not gonna get me to buy this uninspiring excuse of a remake. But hey, it's something!

If there's 151, does that mean there's a Ditto trainer? How's that gonna work?

Not all of them want to fight. Ditto is probably "find my Ditto".

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Lol at the end of the video, that was a great call back to the show(at least I hope it was)

Seeing as how Jesse and James are returning in this game, it probably was. Unlike loser Ash though, you can actually use Tackle. I believe Bug Bite is a TM as well.

Seriously Ash, your Metapod was once a Caterpie, it should still have known Tackle!

11 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Oh, and you have to use the same Pokémon? That's a bit lame but I guess it would otherwise be too easy.

Well yeah, otherwise you could just use the age old Gen 1 Tactic of "Use Mewtwo and win"

Oh snap, I just realised that Bug Bite, Pluck and maybe Acrobatics got nerfed now that there's no Held Items. The first two are no big deal, but Acrobatics was a genuinely amazing move for Hawlucha, good thing no one wants Hawlucha according to this game.

Are there details about how local co-op will work in this game?

For example, if two people play Pokemon Go on their phones, are they going to be able to make good use of one copy of this game on Switch? Are they both going to be able to take advantage back in the mobile game? Or is game going to be tied to one mobile account and the second player more of a drop-in assistant?

4 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Are there details about how local co-op will work in this game?

For example, if two people play Pokemon Go on their phones, are they going to be able to make good use of one copy of this game on Switch? Are they both going to be able to take advantage back in the mobile game? Or is game going to be tied to one mobile account and the second player more of a drop-in assistant?

I think the last part is the true one. I guess that your profile will be tied to a PoGo profile. The second player will not be able to do anything when in the overworld but will be able to help out in battles and when catching Pokémon. Probably similar to Super Mario Galaxy where the second player had a very minor role. 

Ok... hopefully though at least if someone else logs into the Switch they can have their own game, right? Like I can't see any reason that wouldn't be the case, just so used to Pokemon games being limited to one save that I have my doubts.

Edit: I bet only one player will get Mew from the pokeball edition! :blush:

I fully expect to be able to have one save per profile on the Switch. Every other game does that.