NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

14 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

So Gary/Red is out and replaced by a "friendly" rival? That is a bit lame.

Actually, I kinda like that. I groaned a little hard when they showed up in Sun and Moon for no reason.

Mmm... that Misty.

But the best/worst part that came out of that trailer is this. I mean, seriously?!

Dh6K0gGUYAAwxI1.jpg

What a time to be alive folks!

Pikachu. With. Bangs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That trailer was great. I love how clean everything looks.

The game will be up for pre-load in October.

It’s been confirmed that the Let’s Go titles will be pre-loadable on the Switch eShop starting October 22nd, requiring 4.6GB of space to download. 

Looks nice but seriously what is up with that Misty artwork? 
Not just the artwork, the placement of it is a little bit suspect also...
0617ac20fe142fe1edd48aeb5995607c.jpg
  • Haha 9
  • Weird 1

So, the trailers of this game look absolutely amazing. 

But (forgive my ignorance) - what type of game is this? 

It basically looks like Blue / Red but modern day all over again? Gym leaders, Kanto etc. Can you battle the 8 gyms and relive it once again?

If so - take my damn money now. 

3 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

So, the trailers of this game look absolutely amazing. 

But (forgive my ignorance) - what type of game is this? 

It basically looks like Blue / Red but modern day all over again? Gym leaders, Kanto etc. Can you battle the 8 gyms and relive it once again?

If so - take my damn money now. 

It's a remake/reimagining of Pokemon Yellow but with certain Pokemon Go mechanics added to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's a remake/reimagining of Pokemon Yellow but with certain Pokemon Go mechanics added to it.

Along with shitty motion controls...

Yeah, i gotta say that this looks super slick and crisp (except those bangs. They can burn). It pretty much looks like a proper Pokemon game but without random encounters (which I'm fine with) and a weird way of catching pokes (which I'm rather unsure of). This is what's holding me back, but if reviews are happy with the implementation, then I miiight get it. But it looks nice tho.

Side note: The games will have exclusive pokemon that are not in the other version. But with the option to transfer pokemon from Pokemon Go, this is pretty much irrelevant. Except for that mew, which is locked behind the controller paywall.

Edited by ArtMediocre

I can see myself playing it once, then never coming back to it. Which is why I'm sticking to physical media for this game. I don't think nostalgia would ever bring me back more than that.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I can't figure the visuals out. On the one hand it looks really nice, lovely at times, but on the other hand it's quite limited looking. Not sure how to wrap my head around. Certainly a nice looking game but also quite basic? In other words an upscaled 3DS game I guess. 

I hate the graphics, it looks so basic and lifeless. It really does reek of laziness to me. I won’t be buying it because I don’t think we should keep supporting these low effort releases. 

We finally have a home console Pokemon game and yet it looks like something that, HD aside, could easily be achieved on the GameCube. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

I hate the graphics, it looks so basic and lifeless. It really does reek of laziness to me. I won’t be buying it because I don’t think we should keep supporting these low effort releases. 

We finally have a home console Pokemon game and yet it looks like something that, HD aside, could easily be achieved on the GameCube. 

I must say, I do agree here. I mean... I wouldn't say that the graphics are offensively bad but... there's definitely something a little off about it.

I am buying it, mostly out of morbid curiosity than anything else and that damn nostalgia as well.

I think it's because it's not one thing or the other. The humans are not realistically proportioned, but neither are they Chibi. It makes everything look slightly out of place. 

• Like 1

I do kinda dig Sun/Moon's approach to visuals more than this. Even if the Pokémon look far too pale there.

I mean, this looks fine. But a bit of a "2 steps forward, 1 step back"

Which is par for the course with Pokémon really.

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

I think it's a way of 1) tiding fans over till the core game next year, which they've suggested is taking longer to develop than they thought and 2) capitalise on the success of Pokemon Go, which they probably couldn't do with next year's game.

I fully suspect next year's game will be exactly the same visually. 

• Like 1

Genuinely surprised to see complaints about the graphics! :o I think they’re absolutely fantastic. On the simple side, sure, but everything is so smooth (models seem really high poly actually) and the overall image quality is lovely. The textures also give environments and characters an almost 2D/hand-painted appearance. For me the visuals are a perfect evolution of the style from the original game, merged with the vibe from the Pokémon anime, a dream combo. :love:

Some of the gameplay choices that Game Freak have made with this might be questionable, but I just don’t understand how anyone can knock the presentation. :blank:

• Like 1