NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

A core Pokémon game in addition to the actual core games (which are slated for the end of 2019). Adopting the more casual approach from the mobile Pokémon Go games, you can catch Pokémon in the wild with motion controls, without having to battle them, while optionally using a special Pokéball accessory. You can battle other trainers, and battle and trade with other players through local multiplayer, but unfortuntaley not online. It's set in Kanto and will (mostly) feature the original first 150 Pokémon. You will be able to transfer Pokémon from and to the Pokémon Go app. Interaction with the Pokémon Go app also gives access to one new Pokémon. The game is slated for 16 November, and you can choose between a version with Pikachu as your partner Pokémon, or with Eevee.

1 minute ago, Kav said:

Yeah, a lot of the leaks have been on point with these games. Crazy how much stuff was right. I think that Lapras shot that was leaked was confirmed as real, as well. I wonder why the Pokemon games have such a hard time in keeping themselves hidden before an official announcement is made?

On 28/05/2018 at 1:45 PM, Glen-i said:

I don't believe Game Freak would go so far as to having only 151 Pokémon. At worst, they'll probably have some modern Pokémon available after you see the credits.

Look how optimistic I was 2 days ago. What a dope!

I have to go work now and I just do not have the motivation.

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I have to go work now and I just do not have the motivation.

Can we expect your posts about not liking the game all the way up to the release or will you disappear from the topic after you've had a good vent? :p 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Think about it this way: They got all the shitty ideas out of the way with these two games and that mobile spin-off.

The next real core game can only be great, right?

Just now, drahkon said:

Think about it this way: They got all the shitty ideas out of the way with these two games and that mobile spin-off.

The next real core game can only be great, right?

Well, Sun and Moon ( both vanilla and Ultra versions ) were pretty bad, so there's no guarantee either way. :D 

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, Sun and Moon ( both vanilla and Ultra versions ) were pretty bad, so there's no guarantee either way. :D 

I'm not the best person to talk to about that, because I think every Pokémon game after Gold/Silver was bad :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Can we expect your posts about not liking the game all the way up to the release or will you disappear from the topic after you've had a good vent? :p 

You tell me.

DebI7esW0AAWYZ0?format=jpg

I'll calm down... Eventually...

• Haha 3

Will this be the first mainline game you skip, @Glen-i? I mean, you can't really buy it or play it after all the flak you've given Go over the past couple of years. :p 

Biggest mistake is no online though. Together with Smash, this could really sell the online subscription. They should really reconsider this. I can get over most other stuff (except the Pokémon Go integration), I think, but barely being able to trade with or battle other players, is really making this a hard sell for me.

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Will this be the first mainline game you skip, @Glen-i? I mean, you can't really buy it or play it after all the flak you've given Go over the past couple of years. :p 

Absolutely skipping it. Easiest decision of the year. For me, there is literally nothing to redeem it.

No online battling, gimped catching system. Awful selection of Pokémon (Including Alolan Pokemon, there are only 2 fully evolved Ghost, Steel, Dark and Dragon types) Pokémon like Golbat, Magneton and Scyther are gonna be useless because they can't evolve. Psychic Pokémon will be way OP. Both starter Pokémon are truly awful choices.(Apparently, you won't be able to evolve them)

Also seems to go back to grid based movement, given how close the layout of Kanto is to the original games, the regions gonna be as dull as always. And you need to use GO to get that "Special Pokémon"

And now I'm angry again. Everything about it is taken straight from my nightmares.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Biggest mistake is no online though. Together with Smash, this could really sell the online subscription. They should really reconsider this. I can get over most other stuff (except the Pokémon Go integration), I think, but barely being able to trade with or battle other players, is really making this a hard sell for me.

There seems to be some confusion in regards to the online. Kallie has said this just tweeted this.

Who knows if this is true or not though.

Actually, you know what? I think I'd prefer there not to be online battling in this.

Thinking about how anyone would cope with the utterly unbalanced selection of Pokémon is a place I don't wanna deal with.

5 Alakazams with different moves and an Arcanine, just in case someone is crazy enough to use Scyther. There! I win 90% of matches.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Actually, you know what? I think I'd prefer there not to be online battling in this.

Thinking about how anyone would cope with the utterly unbalanced selection of Pokémon is a place I don't wanna deal with.

5 Alakazams with different moves and an Arcanine, just in case someone is crazy enough to use Scyther. There! I win 90% of matches.

You're not getting the game anyway so you won't have to deal with it. :p 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Looks okay to me. Entice those Go players to Gen 8 via this game. I can see what Gamefreak are doing here.

The game looks fine to me, different mechanics but interesting.

The highlight though is the main game that will be released next year. So people can skip this if they are not interested and just buy the "proper" game. More time in the oven for gen 8 can only be good news really.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're not getting the game anyway so you won't have to deal with it. :p 

It's a very slippery slope. Just like GO.

EDIT: Man, I love that episode of South Park. Proper classic that.

Edited by Glen-i

Just now, Glen-i said:

It's a very slippery slope. Just like GO.

All I can say is....

It's a whole new world we live in. It's a whole new way to see. It's a whole new place ( not really ) with a brand new attitude. But 'cha still gotta catch em all and be the best you can be.

• Haha 1

@Sméagol (or a mod), might be a good idea to copy these tweets from my comment earlier this morning into the original post? It’s got everything that we officially know about the games. 

6 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee and Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu are official! Coming Friday 16th November!

Worth noting that other core series Pokémon RPGs are set to be released in H2 2019, too. So, if this isn’t your cup of tea, don’t worry: it seems like Gen VIII proper will be on its way shortly!

Going to try start trying to move the official Pokémon livetweets into this post regarding the Let’s Go titles so that all of the info pertaining to these games are in one place.

Might be a good idea to add the release date (November 16th), too :) 

Edited by Julius Caesar

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

All I can say is....

It's a whole new world we live in. It's a whole new way to see. It's a whole new place ( not really ) with a brand new attitude. But 'cha still gotta catch em all and be the best you can be.

That's not even the Kanto series song.