NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Pokémon Quest - Switch/Mobile

9 hours ago, RedShell said:

Me thinks shiny Pokémon are a bit too easy to obtain in this game. :grin:

Don't you take this away from me! :D 

Woke up this morning and managed to get a session in before work, so everything will be ready to go again when I get home this evening. I really need to get a carry case for my Switch as this is the perfect game for a lunch time break.

I wonder how evolving Eevee or Pokemon that usually need stones works in this game? 

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wonder how evolving Eevee or Pokemon that usually need stones works in this game? 

No idea. Actually, I’ve only had 1 Pokémon evolve so far, which was Venonat.

Have also had to remove Pikachu from my team in order to progress, :( even with my current team of most powerful Pokémon/stones I’m finding it tricky to beat some of the boss stages now. Looks like I’ll need to level up a bit more.

My Pikachu evolved to Raichu just by leveling up so I guess that answers that question. :D 

My Pikachu evolved to Raichu just by leveling up so I guess that answers that question.  
Can you cancel it by pressing 'B'?

3 minutes ago, bob said:
40 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:
My Pikachu evolved to Raichu just by leveling up so I guess that answers that question. emoji3.png 

No idea. ::shrug:

42 minutes ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:
My Pikachu evolved to Raichu just by leveling up so I guess that answers that question. emoji3.png 

38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No idea. ::shrug:

There’s an Everstone switch on each Pokémon (located in the screen where you attach stones) I have it set to ON for my Pikachu so he’s still Pika! Pika! i.e. cute but weak. :heh: 

Anyway, after a bit of team optimisation/leveling I’ve managed to scrape through to area 7, last boss battle I just did was super close! Literally down to my last Pokémon with like 1 HP remaining. :o

Have also unlocked the silver cooking pot.

• Like 1

I've just reached area 7 myself. As you mentioned, area 6 was a toughie. I kept Raichu in my team and put Beedrill and Butterfree either side of him. That was enough to take me through the final areas of area 6 due to them both being bug types.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just got a level 56 Nidoran out of the silver pot! :eek:

Nice! My highest so far from the pot was a Lv. 46 Zubat.

Have you collected any of the rainbow ingredient that’s on the second row yet? It’s the only type that I don’t seem to be able to get. :blank: 

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Nice! My highest so far from the pot was a Lv. 46 Zubat.

Have you collected any of the rainbow ingredient that’s on the second row yet? It’s the only type that I don’t seem to be able to get. :blank: 

Nah. I've yet to come across one.

Really enjoying this! I like how my play sessions are limited by the battery - i.e. can't overdo it and it's just the right sort of game to play in short bursts. This is the most I have played my Switch undocked since buying it.

1 hour ago, Iun said:

Really enjoying this! I like how my play sessions are limited by the battery - i.e. can't overdo it and it's just the right sort of game to play in short bursts. This is the most I have played my Switch undocked since buying it.

Glad to see you're also enjoying it.

I done another few runs on this before work and managed to Jigglypuff to Wigglytuff. I've been using it due to the fact it has Mega Punch which does an insane amount of damage. I'm trying to level up my Nidoran in order to evolve it. The problem is that it's that high of a level that it doesn't get much exp from battles. :D Any duplicate Pokemon I find instantly gets put into Nidoran for a little bit of an experience boost.

I got 2 Pokémon from a single recipe last night! There’s a decoration that increases the chance of that happening, but it’s cool to know it can still occur without it, especially as I’m likely to be stuck with a single cooking pot throughout the game. :grin:

6 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I got 2 Pokémon from a single recipe last night! There’s a decoration that increases the chance of that happening, but it’s cool to know it can still occur without it, especially as I’m likely to be stuck with a single cooking pot throughout the game. :grin:

What are you using your daily tickets on? Just recharging the energy meter? Decorations? Or are you saving them for something expensive?

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What are you using your daily tickets on? Just recharging the energy meter? Decorations? Or are you saving them for something expensive?

So far I’ve expanded the item box once and recharged the battery once or twice. Will probably save ‘em now though for either more box expansions or something expensive, yeah. 

Probably that 2x Pokémon decoration.

Just been looking around for any info on the Mystical Shell item and found this.

Ambrosia of Legends (Rare Pokemon):

• 5 mystic shells (Mewtwo)
  • 2-4 mystic shells, anything in other slots (legendary birds)

No wonder they are so rare. I wonder how or where they drop?

• Thanks 1

I wonder how or where they drop?

Ah, apparently they are end game drops. Makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Someone over on Reddit has posted this about who Exeggcute looks like in this game.

P0Ajn4pidVX8O1dXf8byH7kDRiFkqAUI2hIP0ncR

:laughing:

Oh great, that’s gonna be one of those can’t unsee things, like James Bond’s really wide mouth on the Goldeneye box art. :laughing: 

Ah, apparently they are end game drops. Makes sense.

I see. Wonder what effect they have on cooking then. :hmm: 

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

I see. Wonder what effect they have on cooking then. :hmm: 

Probably just needed for cooking up the legendary Pokemon. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Probably just needed for cooking up the legendary Pokemon. 

Oh yeah, of course. I need another coffee... :D 

Just recieved a level 68 Geodude from the pot! That's a great way to start the evening. He'll come in handy for area 7, what with it being suitable for rock types. Gonna try and level him up so he can evolve a couple of times.

This game is way more fun than I expected. Today's random free Pokémon was actually my first shiny in the game - a Slowpoke! (...I didn't actually realize it was a shiny before I looked in my Pokédex, though. :heh:)

And because I love TPC's trend of free-to-start games with a strict upper spending limit - I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this one doesn't even have any microtransactions at all! - I bought all the DLC on day 1, so I'm raking in 190 PM Tickets every day, which is definitely helping me progress steadily (using them all on Decorations, and Box Expansions whenever necessary).

Now if I could just figure out how to get the Premier Ball Model...

And the shiny Pokémon just keep coming! :grin: In addition to my shiny Diglett and Nidoran ♂, today I got a shiny Onix and Rhyhorn! :cool:

Currently at the boss of area 8. Recommended power is 12,900 though! :o 

*EDIT*

Area 8 complete! :yay:

DerRIKBV4AE7l0Q.jpg

That was another tough battle. Was pretty underpowered, so had to make good tactical use of the scatter button. :hehe: 

Edited by RedShell

The credits rolled earlier today. Man, there are some tough stages towards the end. There's a fight with 3 Dodrio that took me ages to get past. 

There are a surprising amount of options and tactics to get your head around, especially late game. I had to level up, swap moves about and farm a few specific materials in order to beat the game.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this