NEurope
WackerJr

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mobile)

So I haven’t found this in any other threads but a few weeks ago was the release of the next official Harry Potter game, released on mobiles to a less-than-stellar reception.

I like the premise of the game, becoming a new student at Hogwarts in the years preceding Harry Potter & co, allowing a story that has many nods to the stories we know, but allowing an adventure that isn’t restricted to following the exact tales of the Boy Who Lived.

It all sounds promising, and I’m currently in Year 2 & I’m actually intrigued by the story. Unfortunately everything else is just maddeningly dull, slow & frustrating! I’ve played many mobile games before with microtransactions but few as aggressive in trying to take my money for so little reward.  For those that don’t know, most activities require you to use energy cells to complete. You tap to use them & they replenish every 4 minutes. However, you only start with a capacity of 25 and most activities require a lot more, so you’re forced to wait or pay for more. It really ruins the pace of the game.

Maybe I’m expecting too much from a free game... what do other people think?

Oh, but at least the bugs are fun! If I were a child at Hogwarts I’d be less inclined to sit & read the blackboard & instead learn how Professor McGonagall can occasionally make her whole head disappear, or even roll down her arms!!! 😳😂

I'm aware of this game...

...only because Jim made a video about it a few weeks ago. :p

I don't really have anything else constructive to add, just that it always amazes me that companies are still allowed to make these extortionate titles. ::shrug: