NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BigTac

Microsoft handheld?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/683/683783p1.html

Xbox chief Peter Moore told Business Week that a new Microsoft device would most likely incorporate music, video and gaming, the latter of which the iPod doesn't support.

"It can't just be our version of the iPod," Moore said in the interview.

Even though they are looking into competing with the PSP/ipod we all know that if it has gaming to then it will be competing with the DS also. Look for E3 to reveal more info. As far as handheld games are concerned I think that 3 systems is too much. Even though I wouldn't a Sony/Microsoft handheld anyway. Sounds like Sony and Microsoft just want to take down Apple's ipod. Maybe Apple should partner with Nintendo? Just a thought on Apple part.

Sorry about this wrong board :D

interesting. but if they want to succeed, they have to come up with something great. they should include support for audio files that others don't, e.g. ogg, flac, mpc etc...

I thought they said they had no interest in competing in that space, because they already ha the mobile (phone) os space??

itll be interesting to see how they approach the market. But the way the PSP is doing i can see this taking a lot of money from them again if they really want it to be a viable gaming platform

haha, MS's should try to establish themselves in Japan before getting into the handheld market.

But actually this could help Nintendo, I think it wouldn't take a lot of the DS market share but rather compete with Sony, so both handhelds wouldn't have a large part and that means it's a safer bet to produce games for the DS.

Go for it Microsoft, new shit is always good.

I don't know why people are worried.

If it's better than the DS, it's better than the DS and will rightly win. If not, it will fail, but it's more vs the PSP, and to be honest I'm pretty sure Microsoft have an idea of what they should be doing.

There are already Portable Windows Media Center style devices out there and it could be somewhat loosely based on that kind of hardware.

it doesnt really bother me as long as ninty do great games i will still be buying their systems.

If Microsoft made a handheld, it'd probably be touch screen. It'd have to be, to utilise the windows-based frontend. Of course, they'd need to work hard to make it more than just a games-oriented palmtop. It should have tilt sensors inside it as standard, as well as the touch screen.

I doubt it but you never know, the gaming they are talking about could be akin to the arcade games on Live. Just as a nice extra feature rather than a main compononent. As I said, I doubt it though.

If they did make one it's bound to be big on tech making it expensive, plus it'll probably end up being the size of a brick, instantly ruling out any form of success in Japan.

Roadkill how can you be so naive - if its better than the DS we'll win (true) if it's not it will fail - hmmmm, I'm pretty sure thats not how commerce works ;)

God, how much will this cost :S

If they are trying to compete with iPod and PSP then there'll ahve to be some dam good features. Maybe xbox live, handheld. Though it will probably be huge. I don't think microsoft realise people dont want something that will have to come in through the window.

ALERT! ALERT! WE HAVE A FANBOY SITUATION ON THE OTHER CONSOLES BOARD! ALERT!
Fanboys everywhere!

Get 'em off! Get 'em off!

Yeah, who'd have thought, I mean Nintendo fans on a Nintendo Forum, Shocking! :indeed:

this really burns me up. when you show some nintendo preference you are branded as a fanboy. for god sack, oh wait now i am a god fanboy.

I really don't care if people call me a fanboy because 1) I've got a lot more interest in Nintendo hard/software 2) I hate Microsoft.

Sign in to follow this