NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Yakuza Remastered Collection

Great news! Shame it’s not Kiwami versions but I’ll still be buying them again.

I hope with how well Zero, Kiwami and 6 did over here that we get full retail releases of these 3 and not just digital like we had with 5.

• Thanks 2

Yessssss! :D

Give me full retail versions or give me death! :blank:

Well... maybe not that but... I mean, I've reserved space on my PS4 Tower now so... please? Just some Resi 4 - 6 style simple re-releases will do. :)

So, I should start playing Yakuza Zero pretty soon huh? :p

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

So, I should start playing Yakuza Zero pretty soon huh? :p

Start it now!!!

• Like 3

Tonight... it begins! :cool:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Tonight... it begins! :cool:

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I hope with how well Zero, Kiwami and 6 did over here that we get full retail releases of these 3 and not just digital like we had with 5.

Yeah, I'll be getting 3 no matter what, as after I play Kiwami 2 it'll be the only Yakuza game that I've not played. But if they're retail releases then I'll probably get 'em all. :grin:

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 1

I'll wait to see how Kiwami goes before I get too excited but it's nice to know everything will be on PS4 if I choose to check out the rest of the series :smile:

1 hour ago, nekunando said:

I'll wait to see how Kiwami goes before I get too excited

WickedImaginaryAnemoneshrimp-size_restri

Oh come on, get excited nekunando-chan! :bouncy:

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, RedShell said:

WickedImaginaryAnemoneshrimp-size_restri

Oh come on, get excited nekunando-chan! :bouncy:

Hmm.. my dog is called Banjo but I find myself calling him BAJIMA, sometimes..

Mod note: attempted to merge H-o-T and RedShell's threads together without even reading them given the titles, hopefully isn't any mess/redundancy between the two topics. Forgive me if there is! So didn't quite delete yours @RedShell just popped it into this. Doesn't seem to be any major confusion/issues.

• Thanks 3

Producer Daisuke Sato revealed some information about the remaster of Yakuza 3 during a recent interview with GNN

Editor: What is the actual performance specification? Will it support 4K resolution and 1080p performance? What is the frame number?

Sato: Combining with the PS4 platform, it will achieve high resolution and high frame rate. The general PS4 is all 1080p performance. The past PS3 version of the number of frames is 30, PS4 version was upgraded to 60. However, in some mini-games, we think that the more important content is to maintain the previous 30. But exploring and fighting in the streets is all 60 shots. As for the PS4 Pro, it will correspond to 4K resolution.

Editor: In addition to the PS4, are there plans to launch on PCs, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, etc.?

Sato: Currently determined to be exclusive to PS4, there are no plans to for other platforms.

Editor: In addition to screen performance, are there any changes in the story, system, battle, mini-games, etc.?

Sato: In addition to the resignation of some of the voice actors and actors' performance contracts, there are no changes in the game's storyline, system, and battles, which brings an authentic experience.

However Yakuza is a work that was launched in 2009. Some things that were considered OK at the time are not as good as the current moral values. You know, Japan’s social atmosphere has also changed a lot in recent years, so there have been slight changes in the performance of the game to match the current moral values and judgment standards.

Ew. Not sure if I like the changing some parts of the game to reflect moral/social changes of the times. 

If it’s small little things I suppose it’s fine but if it’s changing the story simply to be more PC I dislike that. 

Of course having not played the original I won’t know the difference anyway. So change away I suppose. 

• Thanks 1

Is Zero the best game to play first? Or Kawami (which is actually One, right?)

Just now, bob said:

Is Zero the best game to play first? Or Kawami (which is actually One, right?)

Zero is a really good jumping on point. Yes Kiwami is 1 but they did a good job with Zero making it friendly to newcomers.

I might add Zero to my potentially buy list. The humour in these games look right up my alleyway.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this