NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BigTac

Midway making FPS on Revolution. UE3?

http://www.creativeheads.net/JobDetails.aspx?JobID=1774

Midway-Studios Austin has exciting opportunities for Level Layout Designers to apply their specialized skills on a high profile, next-generation first-person shooter using the Unreal 3 engine.

Midway Studios Austin - Austin, Texas

PS3, XBOX 360, Nintendo Revolution

Next Generation First Person Shooter - 1st Person, SHOOTER

On another note relating to Revolution. Nintendo has said that it's a high possiblity that the Revolution will launch in Black and White. Also I have been contacted by contacts at Ubisoft very recently and I'm deciding if I should share some things.

Could be interesting. Lets just hope it's not just a UT clone.

It looks like the engine can run on the Revo then...

SHARE.

SHARE.

SHARE.

Good to see that revo can run the Unreal 3 Engine.

well if it was trying to run in HD it would chug, since it only has to spit out 640X480 Resolution the engine only required about 1/4 the power.

More goodies from BigTac, please feed us more.

Btw I'm getting a bit upset of earing that all this games will be FPS, c'mon have some creativity!

Please just do it. I can´t wait even if it´s about 5 o´clock in da morning...yeah...aha...aha...com´on...com´on...

What did the "ubis" say? Decided: yes!

But you definatley wont see something on the same scale of say Gears of Wars (Which is pushing the 360) on the Revolution.

i really dont get what you mean by this. have you seen the revs graohics? are you saying its impossible for us to get a 480p equivalent of gears of war? Bearing in mind that nintendos statement of it will be no notable difference between the competition and rev on an SDTV is a very vague statement and could go either way.

More goodies from BigTac, please feed us more.

Btw I'm getting a bit upset of earing that all this games will be FPS, c'mon have some creativity!

You should actually be happy it s a multiplatform game.

But i understand where you coming from

come on BT you have to share your info please. this is good news. thanks for feeding us this info.

EDIT: ok Big Tac is a great bloke who shares the info he gets from his contacts. i have lost count of the people that start "Who is Big Tac". :sad:

read the info if you believe it or not it is up to you but if people keep questioning his Credibility he will just get pissed off and stop giving us news.

Real or not it is always good material for a debate

I'll have a.. I can't decide now.

White one definitely white.

FPS central, we've got metroid, a killer 7 title with kojima.. an unreal title, and an ubi title.

I'm happy with that.

I want a white one and a black one, pop the spare one downstairs in the living room...

revolution report reported this story, before u did................hmm...........................cough*** F.................A............Ker*** Cough**

revolution report reported this story, before u did................hmm...........................cough*** F.................A............Ker*** Cough**

what was the point of that????

What a loser.

First of all I never said that this is my exclusive first news. I actually got this new from Revolution Report. So I just decided to post it here since no one else has.

Oh, and I think you should quit/stop smoking cause your coughing to much. It's bad for u.

Hilarious just because someone posted news doesn't mean it is world exclusive everytime. I read that about Unreal 3 + Revolution on the GA forums and 3 other sites and I am sure RevolutionReport was not the first to report this.

It is a real pain nowadays that so many sites don't show their source - I don't need a source in every news posting but headlines on news sites should have sources. I hate nothing more than reading an article just to find that there is nothing to verify!

What a loser.

First of all I never said that this is my exclusive first news. I actually got this new from Revolution Report. So I just decided to post it here since no one else has.

Oh, and I think you should quit/stop smoking cause your coughing to much. It's bad for u.

OK Big Tac thats the second time you have mentioned something, not making it clear that it is not your exclusive news, even though the readers seem to think so (look at the replies).

it was an exclusive on this site. i didnt see anyone else post it,

anyway Big Tac what was this info you came across? please share. dont let idiots get in the way of information damn it.

I knew it wasn't exclusive, I've read it before. So anytime someone posts something you have to say "this isn't a worldwide exclusive"?

Did it say at revolution report about the launch colours of the rev?

And as people are saying, BigTac didn't say it was exclusive news so anyone calling him a faker is just making a fool of themselves because he isn't faking anything, just providing news.

If the Revolution couldn't run Unreal Engine 3 it'd be extremely underpowered. Unreal Engine 3 runs 'nicely' on a high-end PC from 2004 (GeForce 6800) and the Revolution will surely beat that. It'd be interesting to see how far the Revolution gets pushed by it though :smile: If it reaches the level of Gears of War, well then I'm proven wrong about the power I guess (let's hope so :wink: )

I dont really get what you're trying to say, either.

Basically..

Gears of War (360 720p) would look a whole lot better then Gears of War (REV 480p). Alot of detail (finer details..) that was only made possible via the transition to HD would be lost in the Revolution version. That is fact.

Yes, GoW could run on the REV, but detail would have to be sacrificed due to the REV's output limitations.

Anyway, this bodes as great news as the UE3 will be used in ALOT of thirdparty games.

Display-quality has nothing to do with quality of graphics. That´s only what people think! O.K. the same game in gigher resolution looks better indeed!

But starwars 3 animations look way superior on an sd-tv compared to any game out there even in 1600x1200.

Edit: Hey BigTac don´t mind those idiots...please share your info about ubisoft. :o

O.K. the same game in gigher resolution looks better indeed!

Better looking = better graphics quality, so what's your point?

Sign in to follow this