NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sarka

Banjo Kazooie

Tomorrow me and sarkas_girly are planning to start playing through the gem that is Banjo Kazooie. As we thought of all the greatness and horriblness (Clanker!). My favorite level was the first one, or possibly the 4 seasons one near the end.

What does everyone else think of BK?

I loved it, played it again not long ago. The four seasons one (tempted to say click clock woods?) was so annoying when trying to get all of the notes.

It has a fantastic ending too hehehe.

My favourite level has to be.... Freezeezy peak! But they were all good. Banjo-Tooie wasn't bad either, not as good as the first one in my opinion but still good.

Ah Banjo-Kazooie the game that nearly beat Mario at his own game. The first game was awesome and I have played and finished it many times over.

I used to hate the underwater level especially when you were trying to get all of the notes but eventually I got the hang of it. The level that gives me the most trouble to this day is the Shipyard level. I hate hitting them switches then having to run across the moving platforms only to fall to your death or run out of time. Still I think that level had the best music in the game.

As for Banjo-Tooie I was just overwhelmed by that game. This was due to the sheer size of the thing there were many times I got lost and forgot which level I was doing. Still I did manage to finish it but it was such a chore.

Banjo Kazooie was so brilliant :D ..freezeezy peak was my favourite level.. especially racing the polar bear around the level on his sled.. or trying to get the christmas lights to the tree.. I thought it was all great! ..and I really enjoyed Gruntilda's game show type quiz near the end of the game.. enjoyed it all very much! ..one of my favourite games ever!

Probably my favourite game ever. Loved the ending when

You shoot eggs into the jinjo statue and the giant jinjo blasts her off the tower, gettin her stuck under a rock

Loved gruntilda's cauldran fun thing. hmm favourite level?

I would say Mumbo's Mountain but it was too easy..

Freezeasy peak was a great level with the HUUGE snowman..

MAd Monster Mantion waas ok, not the best.

Over all i think my favourite 2 were Freezeasy Peak and Tick Tock Forest, know it was something like that..

Never got the 2nd, and now it's a rareity and would set you back almost 50 quid. Played the beggining of it though. Very good intro, story looked pretty good to me.

BK: one of the best N64 games!! I really dig the voice-rumblings from Mumbo Jumbo, Mole and Kazooie. The bosses were awesome especially the Gruntilda fights! Banjo Tooie was a lot more difficult but graphically superior to BK imo.

Just started BK again. Finished Mumbo's already. Agh, hate treasure trove, i could NEVER get all 100 notes. This can be one of the things i do while im off with gasterinteritis (sp?)

And i made a mistake with the pricing, found a boxed one on ebay for less than £30

BK is a great game. Far superior to Mario64 in my opinion. It's one of the very few platformers that I've actually wanted to collect every single item in the game. (click clock woods is an absolute bitch for getting all the notes)

I love the mysteries that were put into the game (the ice key for example)

The gameshow bit at the end was also absolute genius. My favourite level is probably treasure trove cove. BK is just such a great game, there's so many features and innovations crammed into it that take it way beyond Mario 64.

I love it! Kinda wanting to play it now too..

NOOOOOO NONONONO *Gosh dang it* NO AGHHHH

i am so pissed and now my foot hurts. I pressed the wrong button and didn't read what it said so i accidentaly deleted my save. I HAVE TO START FROMT HE BEGGINNING aggggggggggh almost 7 hours AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH *Gosh dang it* AGH. (my foot hurts becuse i repeatedly kicked a metal chair) NJOOOOO

Yeah, I did that too once. Was about 11 notes away from collecting absolutely everything (click clock woods notes were a bitch) and deleted my save file.

Still went back and did it all again though ^_^

Im too pissed off, i picked up the controller to try, and thought AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH and threw the controller. Many other parts of my body began to hurt as i went on a rampage and started kicked everything i found and throwing objects.

Have fun Retro-lover! If I were you I'd not do it again for awhile, a long while.

Thats what im doing, waiting for ages. It's like when i play something for a while (in one go, not like this) get to the end, like on a boss level. Then die i can't be arsed playing through again.

I started re-playing a while back. Back in the good ol N64 times I completed it 100%... oh that great feeling of completeing a game. When it comes to favourite level I simply cant choose one... theres soooo many good ones. Oh (good) Rareware where are you!?

I haven't played this game for so goddamn long. But I still remember almost everything about it, including the level names. My favourite level was Freezezy Peak. And IMO the hardest was Rusty Bucket Bay! God, memories have just come flooding back.

this thread has made my set my n64 back up :D

i've forggotten the awesomeness that is the controller.

E: Mario Tennis FTW!

The N64 was and still is an awesome piece of kit. The games on that machine gave me so many good memories.

I love this game! Its absaloutly brilliant. I loved the characters in it, the little crocodile thing in the swamp level, the pink fairy, the witch and the mole, all great and I love it when the talk. I liked the ice level the most, the first time i was walking on the snow man i was like, WOW, I also liked treasure trove cove. I really wanna go on it again now and when I come to think of it... its better than mario 64!

Awesome game. Does anyone remember any of the cheats? I seem to remember pounding some in in that sandcastle you drain, in treasure trove? Near the bucket with a hole i think, and theres a spider in there. Anyway, the floor has letters and im pretty sure i remember keying in some funny little extras.

I love Banjo Kazooie, one of my favourite games ever.

Awesome game. Does anyone remember any of the cheats? I seem to remember pounding some in in that sandcastle you drain, in treasure trove? Near the bucket with a hole i think, and theres a spider in there. Anyway, the floor has letters and im pretty sure i remember keying in some funny little extras.

I love Banjo Kazooie, one of my favourite games ever.

Yeah i remember that, and i remember finding out there was a cheat to get into the giant key, about 4 years after i finished it and when my controllers were broken, and my little french cousin deleting my game. I was sad, because i was waiting for Banjo Tooie just so i could walk around the key, DAMNIT.

Anyway, has anyone got into the giant key using the cheats? Whats in there anyway?

I played this game over 300 hours! (and still didn't get 100%...)

Best 64 game made. (with DK64)

Favuorite level? Click Clock Wood probably. Because of the bee transform.

Never got Banjo Tootie.

Has anyone looked at the bottles painting in banjos house by the way?

Anyway, has anyone got into the giant key using the cheats? Whats in there anyway?

I've got the key and all the eggs. Nothing interesting about them, really. Just stuff they "removed" from the game (but still left the items there).

I know i shouldnt be posting here, its been majorly bumped, but i got 100% in this game. Was fairly happy about it but i dont know how many hours it took me. And my cousin deleted my file (>.<)

Sign in to follow this