Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Recommended Posts

OK, I'll be on around 9PM, I first thought 8:30PM but 9 is more realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleared all Village 10★ Quests last night, the final one was absolutely insane! :o 

Spoiler

It’s a hunt against 4 hyper monsters... Glavenus, Astalos, Mizutsune, Gammoth and then a Valstrax at the end! Took me 46 minutes to finish using Prowler, and was incredibly intense! You have to be super aggressive, I made a few mistakes (and feinted once) but any more than that and you simply run out of time.

Great feeling when the last monster went down! :cool: Unfortunately the reward for clearing all village quests isn’t so great...

Spoiler

 

It’s actually nothing. :heh: Well, other than an award on the guild card that is.

Was hoping for some kind of special armour or weapon like you get for clearing the final low rank village stuff, but nope.

 

 

Anyway, never thought I’d fully complete all village quests in a Monster Hunter game. It’s something I’ve never done before, and will almost certainly never do again! :grin: Definitely couldn’t have done it without making use of the data transfer from 3DS, and also using a decent gathering Prowler for all of those damn collecting/delivery quests. :zzz: :laughing:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, all offline quests done, well done Red!

Don't think I ever did that myself in previous MH games, usually just stick to the Keys haha.

realised myself because of mainly sticking to the keys  in this game there a whole bunch of monsters I have not fought yet....only realised Alatreon is in this!!! Is sleep bombing still recommended for him?

Whole bunch of Elder Dragons too...once I am done tweaking a few weapons they will be my next task :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mokong said:

Wow, all offline quests done, well done Red!

Don't think I ever did that myself in previous MH games, usually just stick to the Keys haha.

realised myself because of mainly sticking to the keys  in this game there a whole bunch of monsters I have not fought yet....only realised Alatreon is in this!!! Is sleep bombing still recommended for him?

Whole bunch of Elder Dragons too...once I am done tweaking a few weapons they will be my next task :)

Nah. Unlike the old days, you can beat him pretty easily now using standard weapons. The same goes for Fatalis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 7:22 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah. Unlike the old days, you can beat him pretty easily now using standard weapons. The same goes for Fatalis. 

Ah not sure if should be happy that don't have to build a specific Ala Bombing set or upset that it not the same haha.

Had a few hunts this evening, did the Event quest to build the Master Sword & Hylian shield and got it upgraded to level 2 after @Redshell joined me, got a few quests done taking turns, failed a couple (I blame the randoms...all their fault) but finished up getting the Double Deadeye + Sliverwind quest done after failing it earlier...I knew those new randoms we're better than last lot haha

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Ah not sure if should be happy that don't have to build a specific Ala Bombing set or upset that it not the same haha.

Had a few hunts this evening, did the Event quest to build the Master Sword & Hylian shield and got it upgraded to level 2 after @Redshell joined me, got a few quests done taking turns, failed a couple (I blame the randoms...all their fault) but finished up getting the Double Deadeye + Sliverwind quest done after failing it earlier...I knew those new randoms we're better than last lot haha

 

Thanks again for the help with that one, Mokong! :bowdown:

That quest has been annoying me for ages! :heh: So glad to finally get it done. :bouncy: And in spectacular fashion too I might add. :cool: I almost felt sorry for the 2nd Deadeye! :laughing: 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the hurdle of that G5 Deadeye quest out of the way, I was able to solo (well, my palicoes helped out a little bit :heh:) the Deadeye EX Hunt!:  :yay:

DrlFYRNVsAAiZD4.jpg

DrlFT6LV4AA4-cP.jpg

Largest Deadeye too!:

DrlFKGbU4AArJnu.jpg

A load of pretty decent charms in the rewards as well: :cool:

DrlFFzeVsAAzuYm.jpg

Probably best to stick to that coal mining event quest though. Just slightly more efficient. :grin:
 

Spoiler

 

The Deadeye armour pigment:

DrlFPcmV4AADM4g.jpg

It's basically just like the rainbow pigment, except it only fades through shades of green. Looks like there's a special amour pigment for every type of permit monster too.

Transmog unlocked for Deadeye armour and the mini gold crown icon:

DrlFdHFU0AAxNpv.jpg

 

:bouncy:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun online hunting session with @Glen-i and some randoms last night. :hehe:

I always seem to end up with way more video captures when hunting with Dino Chav! :laughing: If the pics/gifs thread wasn’t so broken I’d post them, but don’t think I can even open that thread now. :heh: 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Fun online hunting session with @Glen-i and some randoms last night. :hehe:

I always seem to end up with way more video captures when hunting with Dino Chav! :laughing: If the pics/gifs thread wasn’t so broken I’d post them, but don’t think I can even open that thread now. :heh: 

What can I say? Comedy follows me everywhere.

Well, you could always just post normal old clickable links here.

Like this Glavenus getting offed by your impatience.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I think I've discovered my sods law item for this game, the Akantor Conquest Sphere.

10 Akantor dead zero sphere's for me but everyone else seems to be getting them :p

Plus a bunch of failed quests where randoms keep fainting....so probably done 20 quests overall :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Ok I think I've discovered my sods law item for this game, the Akantor Conquest Sphere.

10 Akantor dead zero sphere's for me but everyone else seems to be getting them :p

Plus a bunch of failed quests where randoms keep fainting....so probably done 20 quests overall :p

They're not using Iron Skin, are they?

I had the same issue on the 3DS Generations. And that game didn't have the Neset set for easy Iron Skin editing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mokong said:

Ok I think I've discovered my sods law item for this game, the Akantor Conquest Sphere.

10 Akantor dead zero sphere's for me but everyone else seems to be getting them :p

Plus a bunch of failed quests where randoms keep fainting....so probably done 20 quests overall :p

I wouldn’t be surprised if Capcom have programed the game to try and figure out which rare item you’re desperately trying to obtain (by looking at your quest history or something) and then purposefully lowering the rate of its appearance, just to keep you playing the same quest for as long as possible! :heh: 

It’s also funny how we were able to complete that quest with our Palicoes the other day (same hunt where I received a Conquest Sphere, actually :hehe:) but as soon as randoms joined in it was fail after fail! :laughing:

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

They're not using Iron Skin, are they?

I had the same issue on the 3DS Generations. And that game didn't have the Neset set for easy Iron Skin editing!

I don’t think they’re using anything! :heh: Seriously, I’ve never seen so many players fainting before. Hunters be dropping like flies in that quest! :o 

More people should try using Prowler, it’s especially great against Akantor as he’s such a big and slow target. :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my Conquest Sphere, finally!

Got it as a subquest reward item. So that is the Master Sword maxed out.

Now what to Hunt/build next?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mokong said:

Got my Conquest Sphere, finally!

Got it as a subquest reward item. So that is the Master Sword maxed out.

Hehehe, congrats! :hehe: 

14 hours ago, Mokong said:

Now what to Hunt/build next?

How about going for one of the Special permit monsters? It’s a great challenge to reach and then clear an EX quest, plus you can nab some cool gear in the process. ;) I’m thinking about targeting another one, now that I’m done with Deadeye.

Oh, and have you hunted Fatalis yet? I took a brief look at the quest a while back (solo, and got destroyed :heh:) so it’s still on my to hunt list, if you’re up taking it on. :) 

Anyway, I should be around for a bit after the MK League tonight if anyone’s hunting then.

:peace: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Hehehe, congrats! :hehe: 

How about going for one of the Special permit monsters? It’s a great challenge to reach and then clear an EX quest, plus you can nab some cool gear in the process. ;) I’m thinking about targeting another one, now that I’m done with Deadeye.

Oh, and have you hunted Fatalis yet? I took a brief look at the quest a while back (solo, and got destroyed :heh:) so it’s still on my to hunt list, if you’re up taking it on. :) 

Anyway, I should be around for a bit after the MK League tonight if anyone’s hunting then.

:peace: 

Duuuuude. Why not help me with my first deviant? I think I'm on Level 13 Hellblade Glavenus (Because I really want the armour, it's got sweet skills) and I'll be wanting to do the EX one because that armour doesn't look nearly funny enough.

I'd also be up for Fatalis as well. I need some stuff from the normal version to max out my Wellness armour that I used when we did that Dreadqueen quest last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Duuuuude. Why not help me with my first deviant? I think I'm on Level 13 Hellblade Glavenus (Because I really want the armour, it's got sweet skills) and I'll be wanting to do the EX one because that armour doesn't look nearly funny enough.

I'd also be up for Fatalis as well. I need some stuff from the normal version to max out my Wellness armour that I used when we did that Dreadqueen quest last week.

Sure thing, I be happy to help out with anything. :) 

And it’s always fun hunting alongside Dino Chav. :grin: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Sure thing, I be happy to help out with anything. :) 

And it’s always fun hunting alongside Dino Chav. :grin: 

I second this! :D

Happy to help, it's my week off this week, yet I've barely had time for any games it seems. :hmm:

Let's change that, I'll hunt with whoever is playing at 9PM or so after Mario Kart 8 tonight. :peace:

I can't believe that yet again, it has been more than a week since I last played Monster Hunter... and I've only myself to blame as well. ::shrug:

My standards are slipping when it comes to gaming regularly, but I aim to fix that, starting with more regular hunts. :smile:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Special Permits do you need to be the quest host for it to give you this next level like with Urgents?

I did G1 and G2 for Boltreaver but don't have G3?

Was thinking of trying do one of the Specials all the way alright... might do Boltreaver.

Not done Fatalis yet either actually.

I gonna be online later if anyone up for some hunts.

With Pokemon out tomorrow could be awhile before I hunt again after this evening

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mokong said:

With the Special Permits do you need to be the quest host for it to give you this next level like with Urgents?

I did G1 and G2 for Boltreaver but don't have G3?

Yes, you do need to be the host to unlock later ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for hunts guys, always a please to hunt in a full group of the Brotherhood... So unlucky at that triple Glav hunt...but once again I would like to point out I didn't die on it ;)

Some highlights of night

Dancing on the pub dance floor
https://twitter.com/MokongX3M/status/1063199651904405505?s=09

And my most perfectly thrown flashbomb to knock a non flying monster out of the sky!
https://twitter.com/MokongX3M/status/1063200178067259392?s=09

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to @Mokong, @RedShell, @Glen-i and @Ugh first aid for an excellent evening of hunts. :)

I'd been away from the game for over a week, yet one five hour session later and it feels like I've never been away. :D

There's definitely something special about this game, which I feel has a lot to do with the fine community which keeps it alive. :peace:

I haven't felt this much a part of a game world and its community since the early days of Phantasy Star Online... and that's really saying something. :smile:

So, I just wanted to say "thanks" I guess, as it's something I don't take for granted and I will do my best to be around in this game more as and when I can.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am returning to Monster Hunter tonight, just got the nintendo online membership today. 

I been replaying MH world recently and been enjoying using the hammer so I'm going to try it out on MHGU now.

I'll be online around 9 or 10pm, going to craft some hammers now :)

Am HR7 at the moment.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now