NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

I most certainly am. :D

Just try and keep me away from those Astalos. ;)

*Sharpens Dual Blades*

What time is good for you?

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

What time is good for you?

How about 8PM or so? (ready whenever you are) :)

Thanks for the hunts last night, @S.C.G, @Ugh first aid, @RedShell and @Hero-of-Time I've unlocked Chaos Oil II now.

Naturally, the first quest I do with H-O-T, I get my only death of the night. What is it with me? That's three separate occasions now! Clearly, his unedited shout-outs throw me off. It's the only explanation!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

Thank you for the help with the Astalos Butchery last night.

The quota was definitely met and my Astalos X armour set is complete which I'm very happy with. :D

Cheers for the tips on which gems to slot @Glen-i as you were most definitely right, that combination of sharpen + blade sheath works a treat! :peace:

I hardly have to sharpen my blades and even when I do, it takes a mere second now as opposed to four. :o

Which will in turn make it even quicker to kill Astalos in the future, it's a win-win for everyone...

...except for Astalos of course. ;)

Can anyone refresh my memory about the specifics of weapon sharpness? For example, is it better to use a weapon with a higher attack value and blue sharpness, or one with a slightly lower attack but with purple sharpness? :hmm:

Got a feeling it’s the latter, but not sure.

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Naturally, the first quest I do with H-O-T, I get my only death of the night. What is it with me? That's three separate occasions now! Clearly, his unedited shout-outs throw me off. It's the only explanation!

That. Or the fact his insane hunting skills have the monsters in constant rage mode. ;) I’m now thinking about reverting to default shout-outs too though, just incase. :heh: 

Yeah right. Custom shout-outs are funnier than watching you cart... just about. :hehe: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Can anyone refresh my memory about the specifics of weapon sharpness? For example, is it better to use a weapon with a higher attack value and blue sharpness, or one with a slightly lower attack but with purple sharpness? :hmm:

Got a feeling it’s the latter, but not sure.

In Gen Ultimate, Blue sharpness provides a 1.2 damage multiplier. Purple gives a 1.39 multiplier.

Worth keeping in mind about how bouncing off of a monster reduces damage, even with Piercing Boomerangs.

Considering you never lower sharpness with Prowlers, chances are you want the purple sharpness.

I'm available for one more night of hunting tonight. @Ugh first aid unlocked Transmog and wants to show you all her incredibly rock hard and effective armour.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

In Gen Ultimate, Blue sharpness provides a 1.2 damage multiplier. Purple gives a 1.39 multiplier.

Worth keeping in mind about how bouncing off of a monster reduces damage, even with Piercing Boomerangs.

Considering you never lower sharpness with Prowlers, chances are you want the purple sharpness.

I'm available for one more night of hunting tonight. @Ugh first aid unlocked Transmog and wants to show you all her incredibly rock hard and effective armour.

Cheers. :cool: 

I’m available for hunting whenever today (playing right now actually ;)) until around 10:30pm. Had a few hunts with Mokong and H-o-T earlier on, taking on low rank monsters with 2 players using endgame gear is just ridiculous! :laughing: 

50 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Cheers. :cool: 

I’m available for hunting whenever today (playing right now actually ;)) until around 10:30pm. Had a few hunts with Mokong and H-o-T earlier on, taking on low rank monsters with 2 players using endgame gear is just ridiculous! :laughing: 

I've just headed online now. So if you want to join me, go right ahead.

Just me at the mo, @Ugh first aid will be available later tonight. So I'm gonna focus on upping my armour and weapons. I forsee many Hyper Monsters. Might have to get Randoms to help out.

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Might have to get Randoms to help out.

This is funny in hindsight after that Nakarkos hunt, where our random “helper” decided to just stay at camp for 95% of the fight. :indeed: It’s a miracle we got through that one actually. 

Anyway, yesterday’s hunting made it pretty clear that I definitely need to get some higher defense gear for my Prowler. Some of those monsters were practically one shotting me! :o I’m using the best armour that I can currently make though. It looks as if there is better stuff, but it’s locked behind the Level 3+ G Rank Special Permit hunts. :hmm:

Only other alternative is switching to a Protect Prowler I guess, but that messes up boomerangs, which is how I’m used to playing. ::shrug:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was just jumping from town to town today, just doing random missions. I managed to finally get the mats I needed to craft the decorations I needed to gem my armour. I could probably get a little more out of it but that would require getting very lucky with obtaining a charm.

I took on White Fatty Alice and man that thing hits hard. Even with my defense at what it is its attacks still do insane damage. The guy who was HR 147 ended up carting 3 times so we failed the quest. HR means nothing if you haven't got the stones to back it up. :D 

I'm toying around with playing as a Prowler for a bit. It may mix things up for a while and give me something else to aim for. I'll take a look at some builds tomorrow.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I took on White Fatty Alice and man that thing hits hard. Even with my defense at what it is its attacks still do insane damage. The guy who was HR 147 ended up carting 3 times so we failed the quest. HR means nothing if you haven't got the stones to back it up. :D 

You talking about Old Fatalis? Because @Ugh first aid and I just tried it for the first time yesterday when I reached HR 100. And we won! It was bloody close though! The Neset Armour's ropey Thunder resistance didn't help matters, to be fair.

Music was gorgeous as well.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm toying around with playing as a Prowler for a bit. It may mix things up for a while and give me something else to aim for. I'll take a look at some builds tomorrow.

Hehehe. That’s pretty funny as today I made the switch back to hunter! :hehe: Had so many items collected (from hundreds of quests as a Prowler) that I managed to get some pretty decent hunter gear made up straight away, over 900 defense! Also got a beast of a hammer forged, well over 300 attack plus purple sharpness! :cool: Still upgrades available too.

I’m a bit rusty with the hammer, but it sure was fun hunting with it again. I also managed to solo the G Rank event quest for the Breath of the Wild’s Link gear, something which I came close to doing as a Prowler, but couldn’t quite manage. 

Anyway, if you want to meet up tomorrow for any of the Prowler exclusive quests (or anything else) just let me know. :) Would be great if we could organise an N-E all Prowler session actually. Hardly anyone seems to use Prowler online, and I cannot remember the last time I did a four player Prowler hunt. :hmm: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You talking about Old Fatalis? Because @Ugh first aid and I just tried it for the first time yesterday when I reached HR 100. And we won! It was bloody close though! The Neset Armour's ropey Thunder resistance didn't help matters, to be fair.

Music was gorgeous as well.

Yeah, that's the one. The guys in the town I was in nicked all of the gear out of the box so I got sod all and because of that I was kinda happy we failed. :D 

9 hours ago, RedShell said:

Anyway, if you want to meet up tomorrow for any of the Prowler exclusive quests (or anything else) just let me know. :) Would be great if we could organise an N-E all Prowler session actually. Hardly anyone seems to use Prowler online, and I cannot remember the last time I did a four player Prowler hunt. :hmm: 

I imagine i'll be pretty rough using a Prowler. I think i've only used it a few times on the 3DS version to clear a couple of quests and then switched back to being a hunter.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I imagine i'll be pretty rough using a Prowler. I think i've only used it a few times on the 3DS version to clear a couple of quests and then switched back to  being a hunter.

That’s cool, but if you are going to be doing the Prowler quests at any point I’d definitely be up for helping out. :) 

9 hours ago, RedShell said:

That’s cool, but if you are going to be doing the Prowler quests at any point I’d definitely be up for helping out. :) 

I'm available now and have opened a Prowler based room if you want to join. I've still got some to do myself.

I can't promise Randoms will be up for joining as well once I remove the incredibly hard to guess password though.

Edited by Glen-i

Cheers @Glen-i & @Hero-of-Time for a thoroughly enjoyable Prowler hunting session earlier on. :)

4 x Prowlers is just chaos, complete and utter chaos! Love it. :D

DnUjsC2U8AAl54b.jpg

What a fireworks display. :heh:

Got a couple of GIFs that I'll post in the other thread in a sec.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, RedShell said:

Cheers @Glen-i & @Hero-of-Time for a thoroughly enjoyable Prowler hunting session earlier on. :)

4 x Prowlers is just chaos, complete and utter chaos! Love it. :D

Yeah, it was pretty fun. It was a shame that other guy didn't join in when we were all sneaking across the floor. :D 

• Haha 2

Well lads, if anyone round to help for a bit I looking to take out some Astalos and Khezu to finish off my Astalos armour set :)

26 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Well lads, if anyone round to help for a bit I looking to take out some Astalos and Khezu to finish off my Astalos armour set :)

Well, I tried... :p

I was in your hub, then I got dcd and the hub is full now, let me know if there is space or if you make another hub and I'll help you out. :)

Cheers for hunts guys, great to be hunting with brothers again ;)

• Like 2

Sorry I couldn't join you last night @Mokong, got your invite upon returning from a quest, at which point your hub was already full. :hmm:

I'll be online today from around 5 - 7pm, and again (after MK) at around 9pm.

Happy to help out with whatever, or if anyone wants to help me, my MH "shopping list" :heh: currently includes Rajang Horn+ (absolute pain in the arse because I can't hunt Rajang to save my life :shakehead) and Ahtal-Ka Alluring Gem (also a pain in the arse, just for different reasons :grin:).

• Thanks 1