NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

I downloaded the game last night and had a quick go. It's visually weird, it looks dated but animations are good and all the colour is really nice.

I want to play it online, but need to get my internet sorted out first. The Switch just doesn't seem to have good enough signal strength from my room unfortunately, never had any issues with my Wii U or PS4. 

2 hours ago, Mandalore said:

I downloaded the game last night and had a quick go. It's visually weird, it looks dated but animations are good and all the colour is really nice.

I want to play it online, but need to get my internet sorted out first. The Switch just doesn't seem to have good enough signal strength from my room unfortunately, never had any issues with my Wii U or PS4. 

If it helps, my signal strength is always on a single bar, but it will sometimes go between that and two bars for a second or two and I've only had one DC so far. :)

• Like 1

OK so, so far for the 9pm post kart hunt...

We have me, @Ugh first aid, @RedShell and @S.C.G

If someone else wants to join, I don't mind splitting off to help anyone who might be a lower rank, while them three do whatever, so don't be shy.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I reached high rank this evening. That went quicker than I thought it was going to be. I'm happy with the progress made so now I'm just jumping between towns and helping people with their urgent quests.

I was playing with someone earlier who didn't know how the catch monsters so I spent some time explaining it and showing them the ropes. They were very grateful. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

If it helps, my signal strength is always on a single bar, but it will sometimes go between that and two bars for a second or two and I've only had one DC so far. :)

At least you even get a single bar. My room is literally a black hole  for wifi... thankfully any other room is alright! 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I reached high rank this evening. That went quicker than I thought it was going to be. I'm happy with the progress made so now I'm just jumping between towns and helping people with their urgent quests.

I was playing with someone earlier who didn't know how the catch monsters so I spent some time explaining it and showing them the ropes. They were very grateful. 

> ^ < That's something I honestly love about this community, always take the time to explain things to others! 

• Like 1

Currently eating at the mo, will be available in 15 minutes.

EDIT: Room is open, passcode is the usual. @S.C.G and @RedShell, come on down!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Aaaah such a good night of hunts. Thank you all for such a great night! Here's just a few personal highlights of the evening

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So after 2 days, I've gotten back into the swing of things, and I just want to give a few thoughts on the little changes I like compared to the 3DS one.

• Oh my daze, the new SnS Hunter Art, "Chaos Oil" is flat-out ridiculous. It applies a weaker version of all 4 oil items for free! For 2 minutes, I get 15% extra affinity, Stun and exhaust effects on all my attacks, Partbreaker effect and Mind's Eye! And that's only Level 1It can even stack with the normal oil items! Apparently, at level 3, it lasts for 2 and a half minutes and applies full effect oils.
  • Melding's back, woo! Now I have a use for all those Talismans I don't need. Here's hoping I can get a Talisman that's even better than my Wide-Range +11...
  • I like that you can change the music of the Hunter's Pub, very neat.
  • I noticed @RedShell managed to change his customised shout-outs very quickly one time yesterday. I did some digging around in the menus and it turns out you can have 3 sets of shout-outs. So that's 90 stupid things you can say quickly now. I need to think of some new ones...
  • I think I've figured out where I can get Transmog... But I probably need to carry on with Single Player. I'll do that when I don't have access to online.
  • You can't actually say "Bugger" any more, even if you put a symbol in front of it. Luckily, they didn't take into account the shoutout I carried over from my 3DS file. (ARGH! ~Bugger it all) So as long as I don't edit it, I can still use it. I'm very special now.

So yep, I'm loving this. I'm up for more tonight, if anyone wants to do stuff.

Edited by Glen-i
Needed to talk about Bugger!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:
  • I think I've figured out where I can get Transmog... But I probably need to carry on with Single Player. I'll do that when I don't have access to online.

Yep, think I unlocked it by doing some of the single player key quests. You need those coins earned in G Rank (and materials purchased from the girl in the Hunter's Pub) in order to use it though.

And yeah, 3 sets of custom chat/shout-outs is very cool indeed. :cool:

Anyway, some of my clips from yesterday:

Whoops!:

Instant trap:

Here's Johnny!:

S.C.G, don't carve that monster, he's only sleeping!:

And some nice freeze-frames:

Dl4No9nU8AExdo_.jpg

Dl4Ntg9VAAEZNPB.jpg

I should be available for some more online hunting later today, will keep an eye on this thread.

:peace:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RedShell said:

I should be available for some more online hunting later today, will keep an eye on this thread.

:peace:

How about 7pm? @Dcubed and I should be available then.

36 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

How about 7pm? @Dcubed and I should be available then.

Can’t make 7, should be online at around 8pm though, possibly a bit before.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Great hunts there with @RedShell and @Dcubed! That Kirin quest was both hilarious and hilarious.

@S.C.G, give me a shout whenever you're ready to get some late night hunts on.

I only just got back from work, gotta go and cook some meat - Monster Hunter style - (so tasty!) for dinner and then I'll be around. :D

I'll tentatively say... 11:30 PM :peace:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks for the invites, @RedShell but I'm only HR5 and haven't hit G rank yet.

It thought so, you can't join the pub...

If you want, I can jump in to your room?

@S.C.G I've opened a room now.

Edited by Glen-i

43 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It thought so, you can't join the pub...

If you want, I can jump in to your room?

@S.C.G I've opened a room now.

I've no idea if I can or not. I meant that I didn't even try as I wouldn't be able to play G rank anyway and you guys transferred your data so you've already done the stuff I'm on doing.

I was fuming this evening. I joined a town where people were doing their urgent quests. I asked if they were taking turns in doing them and they said yeah. I done 3 urgents for them and then when it was my turn they all sodded off. I managed to track one of them down and kicked off on them when I entered the town. Good job voice chat isn't enabled....selfish SOBs.

Despite only being HR 5 this scenario has happened a few times already and I'm getting a bit sick of it. The quality of random players in this game is quite shocking in terms of their manners and etiquette. I think many of them are so eager to get to G rank that they aren't bothering to be helpful or courteous. Or they could just be ignorant gits.

This is where the SOS system in World comes in handy and is superior to the old setup in some ways. You just fire a flare and within a minute you have people by your side.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've no idea if I can or not. I meant that I didn't even try as I wouldn't be able to play G rank anyway and you guys transferred your data so you've already done the stuff I'm on doing.

You say that like it would bother me? I mean, I'm using my turns to do HR 6 quests, no-one minds.

You know the first rule of N-E Hunt Club, lower ranks take priority. I'm happy to help with any quests you need to do. Whether it's material grinding or Key quests, just give me a shout. (Plus it means you have to wait less because I can skip my turn.)

Edited by Glen-i

Thanks for the hunts @Glen-i we sure blitzed through a lot of quests in that one hour! :D

• Thanks 1

I had this problem on the 3DS version so thought I'd ask...is there anywhere/where is the place you can harvest herbs, blue mushrooms, honey etc to make potions and what not easier to combine rather than having to go out collecting blue shells all the time? 

Found it organically in 3U and 4U, but for some reason I have no idea where it is on this one! 

Great to be back hunting though, still HR1...(still no armour set just the orginal Bherna gear) and my trusty (rusty) Lance, but I'd be keen for some games at some point :)

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I had this problem on the 3DS version so thought I'd ask...is there anywhere/where is the place you can harvest herbs, blue mushrooms, honey etc to make potions and what not easier to combine rather than having to go out collecting blue shells all the time? 

Found it organically in 3U and 4U, but for some reason I have no idea where it is on this one! 

Great to be back hunting though, still HR1...(still no armour set just the orginal Bherna gear) and my trusty (rusty) Lance, but I'd be keen for some games at some point :)

The right side of the village is where you want to be. Talk to the Palico on the right at the Palico Ranch and we will let you send out your cats to gather stuff while you're on missions. Also, don't forget to download the free DLC as that will give you a massive amount of potions and other goodies to get you started.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks for the invites, @RedShell but I'm only HR5 and haven't hit G rank yet.

Ah so you did receive them, I wasn't sure as the game doesn't really confirm it. :blank:

BTW, this:

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You say that like it would bother me? I mean, I'm using my turns to do HR 6 quests, no-one minds.

You know the first rule of N-E Hunt Club, lower ranks take priority. I'm happy to help with any quests you need to do. Whether it's material grinding or Key quests, just give me a shout. (Plus it means you have to wait less because I can skip my turn.)

also applies for me. I'm totally cool with hunting anything at any rank. Like I said before, I'm just grinding levels for my cat (still got a long way to go to Lv.99) so it's all good. :)

Anyway, here are some of last night's shenanigans: :hehe:

Spoiler

Unorthodox mounting: :p

Synchronised flaming cat roll!:

Now that's efficient hunting:

What's taking Glen-i so long?... Oh: :grin:

What happened to gravity?:

Sweet tail cut with my new weapon!: :cool:

Watch out, Dcubed! These boomerangs pack a punch!: ;)

Family feud:

https://gfycat.com/IdealisticAgreeableFlyingsquirrel

Seriously guys, break it up!: :heh:

:laughing:

• Thanks 1

Oh man, can't stop laughing! :laughing:
I obtained some new gear for my Prowler, and it is hilarious!: :D

uAtGH4f.jpg

Just did my 8* urgent using it, and was crying pretty much the entire time! :laughing:

The end of that hunt was awesome as well... Tail cut, followed by the monster landing directly in a trap that one of my Palicoes had set earlier on in the fight! Set him up perfectly for an easy capture. :cool:
Check it out:

Look at his little legs going in the air! :grin: I completely lost it at that. :laughing::laughing::laughing::bouncy:

uqnNybr.gif

I love this game. :heart:

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 2