NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That's cool. @S.C.G, how about 8:30? I guess I could open the room for random people once you join.

8:30pm is fine by me. :)

We could open it up to randoms, it'll be interesting to see how much of an active online community this game hopefully still has. :D

Thanks for the hunts, @S.C.G

Raging Brachydios is fun and all, but I'd never attempt that without a group of 4. Proper hard monster for non-ranged hunters.

I'll probably want another session either this Friday or Saturday if any of you would be up for more.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the hunts @Glen-i :)

It was good to get back into hunting some monsters, I think we did pretty well overall, we had a nice selection of quests and we even got two other players to join us... albeit briefly, though that may have been because of quest I picked that they didn't stick around. :p

I didn't think that Zinogre would be that bad but clearly I underestimated the quest tier I was picking from.

That final boss type monster was fun to fight, I don't recall fighting it before, or if I did, it can't have been that often, it'd be interesting to see the higher level version of that fight, though maybe later on down the line if its mega attack really is a one-hit K-O deal.

Great fun though and I think we did pretty well, I'd be up for playing more Monster Hunter soon if the chance arises. :smile:

I was casually glancing at @Glen-i’s screen while you were playing last night and man... it REALLY made me want to play MonHun again...

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I was casually glancing at @Glen-i’s screen while you were playing last night and man... it REALLY made me want to play MonHun again...

It was great playing it again yesterday. And I was surprised by how quickly I got back into it, apart from not remembering which meals I used to eat before hunting. Oh, and I forgot my Palico one time too. :heh: 

But yeah, it’s just such a fun game.:bouncy:

• Thanks 2

I should be able to play some Monster Hunter on Saturday from 8pm.

If everyone else wants to hunt today or earlier tomorrow, then that's fine, if that's the case and you're still playing in the evening on Saturday, then I'll hopefully join you. :smile:

• Like 1

If you guys are playing tomorrow, I’ll gladly join in! Its been far too long! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

OK, @Dcubed, @S.C.G and @RedShell. I guess we're on for hunts at 8. (Assuming @Dcubed's internet connection doesn't have a heart attack when 2 Switches play in the same lobby)

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Unfortunately... I tried to join, but out internet connection just wouldn’t have it.

sigh... :( 

• Sad 2

Thanks for the games @Glen-i and @RedShell :D

It's a shame that you weren't able to join us @Dcubed I wonder why your internet connection won't allow more than one Switch online at a time? It's an odd one that I can't work out, it was fine for ages and then, it just wasn't, I hope it'll start working for you again soon.

I experienced probably my first ever crash in Monster Hunter this evening, it just froze on a loading screen, about five minutes into the Rajang quest that Red and I were doing, never seen that before.

Hopefully, taking out those two Rajang on that last quest made up for it though.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the hunts! :peace:

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Unfortunately... I tried to join, but out internet connection just wouldn’t have it.

sigh... :( 

Are you both connecting via WiFi? Maybe if one of you was on a wired connection it might help. ::shrug: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Are you both connecting via WiFi? Maybe if one of you was on a wired connection it might help. ::shrug: 

Hmmm... That might be a good idea, but the TV that the wired connection is on isn't always free, so it's not the perfect solution.

It's weird though, it only becomes a problem if two of us try to join the same room. Any other online activity works perfectly fine.

Might be worth a shot.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seeing MH Rise got me in the mood for playing this again, so I’ve been doing some Special Permit quests recently. Working on Silverwind Nargacuga at the moment, as I always wanted to unlock its final weapon for prowler. :cool:  Just a few more quests to go! I might need some help with the last one though. :hehe: 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RedShell said:

Seeing MH Rise got me in the mood for playing this again, so I’ve been doing some Special Permit quests recently. Working on Silverwind Nargacuga at the moment, as I always wanted to unlock its final weapon for prowler. :cool:  Just a few more quests to go! I might need some help with the last one though. :hehe: 

Is that a not so subtle request for some hunting shenanigans?

22 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Is that a not so subtle request for some hunting shenanigans?

It is indeed. :grin: Is Dino Chav available today or tomorrow?

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, I'm sure he is, doubt he's got anything better to do anyway.

Cool. Shall we say 8pm then?

• Like 1

Did someone say, Astalos Butchery at 8pm, tonight? :D

If so, I'm in. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks again for the help @Glen-i and @S.C.G. I was able to get that Prowler weapon forged as a result:

90% Affinity! :o :cool: 

That obviously looks insane (and it is :heh:) but it’s only like that on the melee side of things and with a very specific setup, the boomerang affinity is unfortunately  a bit lower. Still pretty much guarantees multiple critical hits with every attack though. :D 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RedShell said:

Thanks again for the help @Glen-i and @S.C.G. I was able to get that Prowler weapon forged as a result:

90% Affinity! :o :cool: 

That obviously looks insane (and it is :heh:) but it’s only like that on the melee side of things and with a very specific setup, the boomerang affinity is unfortunately  a bit lower. Still pretty much guarantees multiple critical hits with every attack though. :D 

Makes @S.C.G's 70% affinity once he activates Repeat Offender look a little less broken, which is bonkers.

That said, it's cutting, which is great for monster parts, but doesn't gel with my Chaos Oil shenanigans for bashing monster heads in and going for KO's.

Also, you mad man, did you do that XV quest by yourself!? I know Prowlers are broken and all, but geez.

At least you don't have to break Raging Brachy's horn to get your best weapon for fighting multiple monsters in one quest...

Yeah, Sword and Shield has it rough sometimes.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1