NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

51 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Those new Dual Blades are pretty handy as well, really noticing the difference in power. :peace:

@Ugh first aid just got them as well. 40% affinity is insane when you combine it with Repeat Offender and Critical Boost.

Repeat Offender is an amazing skill for Dual Blades. Once you hit something, you get a 25% affinity boost. This resets if you go 6 seconds without hitting anything.

Land 5 hits without having that reset and it increases to 30%! Super easy to do with Dual Blades.

So, say a monster falls over, you basically have 70% chance of a critical hit with every attack now. It's bonkers! Critical Boost also means you do more damage with each critical hit. (1.4 times the damage, instead of 1.25)

Anyway, some moments.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thinking about games of the decade makes me want to buy this. It's also 50% off now as well. But is there still an online community? I wouldn't mind jumping in with randoms but it would be nice if there are any left to do multiplayer with.

Otherwise I might finally bite and get World on PC, but I would play it less as I cannot play that in handheld.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Thinking about games of the decade makes me want to buy this. It's also 50% off now as well. But is there still an online community? I wouldn't mind jumping in with randoms but it would be nice if there are any left to do multiplayer with.

Otherwise I might finally bite and get World on PC, but I would play it less as I cannot play that in handheld.

Yeah, there's still plenty of people online to play this with. And I'm always up for a hunt over the weekend if you want.

• Thanks 1

I'm always happy to hunt on Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. :D

@Vileplume2000 just let us know when you'd like to hunt one evening. :peace:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm always up for a hunt over the weekend if you want.

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

sv9aNc9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 12:03 PM, Vileplume2000 said:

A bit late with the reply but Monster Hunter World is by far the better game out of the two, even more so now that the Iceborne expansion has launched on both consoles and PC. Plus, the SOS system is a much better thing to use for those just starting out in the game. If the online community is dead on Generations then you may have trouble with getting randoms to help with your lower end quests. The PC user base numbers skyrocketed the other day when Iceborne hit, so the community on that platform is very much alive and well. Of course, all of this is useless if you don't actually have the time to sit in front of the PC/TV. At which point Generations made be the best option....even if it is a lesser experience, IMO.

• Thanks 2

Okay, the game is now 60% off so I finally caved and got it! It's instantly better on the Switch with 2 better analogue sticks and the bigger screen and the HD graphics.It feels good getting back into hunting, and I'm glad that I could still tackle a Najarala without fainting. :p So some of that muscle memory is still there. 

This means I'm up for some online hunting as well, if you don't mind carrying me up from HR2 haha. I'll see if I can at least get some basic quests out of the way so we can at least fight some monsters instead of doing item quests!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Okay, the game is now 60% off so I finally caved and got it! It's instantly better on the Switch with 2 better analogue sticks and the bigger screen and the HD graphics.It feels good getting back into hunting, and I'm glad that I could still tackle a Najarala without fainting. :p So some of that muscle memory is still there. 

This means I'm up for some online hunting as well, if you don't mind carrying me up from HR2 haha. I'll see if I can at least get some basic quests out of the way so we can at least fight some monsters instead of doing item quests!

I was going to post about the recent discount, but I'm glad to see that you noticed the game from the list of discounts in those excellent New Releases and Discounts articles which you post on the front page every week :smile: I thought at that price, it would finally be too good to ignore ;) and in fairness, if anyone wants to buy MHGU and isn't fussed about having a physical copy then you really can't go wrong at 60% off.

Also...

On 10/01/2020 at 2:04 PM, S.C.G said:

This offer still stands, plus I might have mentioned in the Discord for A Smashing Cast that I'd be up for hunting on the game as well, either as part of an episode or just generally. :)

If anyone else purchases the game or already has it and wants to get in on the action as well, then just say the word and we'll arrange a time to play one evening.

- - - - -

Just for general information...

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - 60% off - Until 28/05/2020 

Edited by S.C.G

Stupid lockdown preventing me from going online and butchering mostly innocent monsters...

51 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Anyone up for some MonHun tonight? I may have my new armour set ready by then. I'm online around 7pm UK time.

Maybe @S.C.G, @LazyBoy?

Yep, I'd be happy to play some Monster Hunter tonight, probably at around 7PM.

I'll let Ryan know in Discord, in case he doesn't see this here.

• Thanks 1

OK, I've gotten a craving to play MonHun.

Is anyone up for some hunts tonight?

I may be, if you can use a HR2 low rank gear player. If you want to do high rank quests I'm afraid I won't be much use. :grin: 

4 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I may be, if you can use a HR2 low rank gear player. If you want to do high rank quests I'm afraid I won't be much use. :grin: 

I just want to hunt stuff with peeps. I'm happy to do low rank.

19 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Cool, what time would work? Anything not too late is fine by me.

I'm free all day. So just name a time.

Ooh, Monster hunting you say!? I might be interested in lending a paw. :D Would have to be sometime between now and 7:30PM for me though. Hang on a minute... @Glen-i aren’t you usually offline until Thursdays, are you trying to confuse me? :hehe: 

15 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Ooh, Monster hunting you say!? I might be interested in lending a paw. :D Would have to be sometime between now and 7:30PM for me though. Hang on a minute... @Glen-i aren’t you usually offline until Thursdays, are you trying to confuse me? :hehe: 

This is an outlier. Don't get too used to it.

@Vileplume2000, you available from now until 7:30?

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

This is an outlier. Don't get too used to it.

@Vileplume2000, you available from now until 7:30?

Ah, ok.

Got something to sort out now, but should be able to head online in about 15-20 mins time. Will check back here again beforehand, see what the situation is. Gonna go ahead and mention @S.C.G too, would be nice to get 4 of us hunting. :) 

I wouldn't be able to hunt until around after 7:30pm, probably even 8pm but if any of you are still hunting then and could do with an extra hunter, then I'd love to join. :smile:

• Thanks 2

I can join now for about 45 minutes if that works! Then it's dinner time and I'm availt again afterwards.

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I can join now for about 45 minutes if that works! Then it's dinner time and I'm availt again afterwards.

OK then I'll open a room in the Low Rank hub now then.

@RedShell, heads up.

Room's open now.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK then I'll open a room in the Low Rank hub now then.

@RedShell, heads up.

Room's open now.

On my way! :) 

Fun session. Naturally, this game is still ripe for recordings.

Gotta eat dinner now, but I'm up for more once @S.C.G is available at 8-ish if @Vileplume2000 wants more speed run style hunts.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1