NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

That's all well and good, but you need to edit your automatic shout-outs to anything else.

Default shout-outs are booorrrrring!

I thoroughly enjoy the mundanity of my repertoire...

Truth be told I haven't even looked at them, or even know how to come out with them, and here I am almost maxing out my Ahtal set!

Good hunting once again everyone. :) Although the sleep bombing technique still needs some serious work. :laughing: I felt sorry for Dino Chav yesterday, who was trying his best to get bombs set up before the monsters were woken up, but not having much luck. :hehe: Here's a handy Pro Tip:

Hyiavij.jpg

Anyway, enjoy a few MH moments...

Sometimes, the camera is positioned absolutely perfectly: :heh:

Stand still Dino Chav!:

Nice try:

Will link the rest:

Bullfango meets Mega Boomerang!

Great Maccao meets Mega Boomerang!

Post-hunt shenanigans.

:peace:

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Good hunting once again everyone. :) Although the sleep bombing technique still needs some serious work. :laughing: I felt sorry for Dino Chav yesterday, who was trying his best to get bombs set up before the monsters were woken up, but not having much luck. :hehe: 

I had no idea you were doing sleep bombing. I thought you were just randomly using a sleep weapon. ::shrug: I don't usually like using that technique anyway. I find it cheapens the hunt/fight.

24 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't usually like using that technique anyway. I find it cheapens the hunt/fight.

Fair enough. :blank: Don’t agree though, I mean it’s an established tactic of the MH series. It works both ways too, with monsters doing increased damage to hunters that are asleep. So yeah, makes sense to use it.

When you’ve got literally everyone putting down multiple bombs+ and then crafting more mid-hunt for the next sleep, that’s somewhat OTT/cheap, but having just one hunter setting the odd bomb is pretty standard I reckon. 

42 minutes ago, RedShell said:

When you’ve got literally everyone putting down multiple bombs+ and then crafting more mid-hunt for the next sleep, that’s somewhat OTT/cheap, but having just one hunter setting the odd bomb is pretty standard I reckon. 

Yeah, I agree with this. If someone doesn't take the opportunity to deal some damage, you might as well just use a paralysis weapon due to the stun on that not being interrupted when someone hits the monster.

I think hunts are more entertaining when each person fills a different role in a group. For example, @S.C.G's play style makes him the no-nonsense attacker who can use his full repertoire whenever he wants. @Ugh first aid on the other hand favours a more defensive play style with Valor until she fills that Valor Bar up and goes ham on monsters.

Then there's me. Most of the time, I'm probably doing the least damage, but I do focus on healing support, which is always helpful. I'm probably the hardest to hit though, what with me Bayonetta-ing all over the place, which lets me also get a lot of jump attacks in to make mounts happen more often. And once I get that Chaos Oil going, I'm suddenly a stunning, staggering, critical dealing machine.

@RedShell normally opts for the projectile role because piercing boomerangs are awesome! This also makes him ideal for inflicting status effects. He can be limited in healing options though, so my wide-range potions help to counteract that shortcoming.

I could go on about other members I've played with, but you get the gist.

It's what I love about Online hunts, there's so many different ways to play thanks to the hunter styles that adapting to each group layout can feel different whenever you join a new group.

5 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I thoroughly enjoy the mundanity of my repertoire...

Truth be told I haven't even looked at them, or even know how to come out with them, and here I am almost maxing out my Ahtal set!

Menu - Chat - Auto-Shoutouts

When you get to that screen, press Y to edit each one. Make them funny, make them cool, hell, you can make them even drier than the default option if you want.

But just be different. It helps add personality to your hunts.

Also, you can activate them for when you do Hunter Arts, which can be helpful for warning others to keep their distance and try not to accidently interrupt it.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Fair enough. :blank: Don’t agree though, I mean it’s an established tactic of the MH series. It works both ways too, with monsters doing increased damage to hunters that are asleep. So yeah, makes sense to use it.

Yeah, it's totally a legit strategy to use, I just don't like doing it. You see speed runs of teams doing sleep bombing that decimates monsters within seconds. Kinda makes the whole point of Monster Hunter irrelevant if using such a strategy. When teams do use this it feels like the PS2 days, with headlocking being used or people using action replay devices and having one hit kills activated. 

But then, I don't like the cats being in the game so we clearly aren't going to see eye to eye with Monster Hunter. :D 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

But then, I don't like the cats being in the game so we clearly aren't going to see eye to eye with Monster Hunter. :D 

I think we've found the real monster, here.

• Haha 1

I could be on after Mario Kart if you like? So that would be at around... 9PM if that suits?

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. :(

Hopefully a bit of Monster Hunter will help aid your recovery. :peace:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Anyone online tonight

Normally play Smash Bros. after Mario Kart League, but not sure if that's happening this week as @Glen-i (who usually organises it) isn't playing MK tonight. :hmm:

If there's no N-E Smash Bros. planned, I'll probably join you for some hunting.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Normally play Smash Bros. after Mario Kart League, but not sure if that's happening this week as @Glen-i (who usually organises it) isn't playing MK tonight. :hmm:

If there's no N-E Smash Bros. planned, I'll probably join you for some hunting.

I could always bring terrible Smash abilities to the table if everyone is playing that tonight :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I could always bring terrible Smash abilities to the table if everyone is playing that tonight :)

You’ve clearly not seen my Smash abilities. :laughing: Anyway, up to you. I’m cool with playing either. :) 

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, sorry. Can't play games until Friday.

N-E Smash tomorrow evening then? :hehe: 

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

N-E Smash tomorrow evening then? :hehe: 

Yeah, I'd be up for that.

Think I'm going to have to rain check tonight; a bit of food poisoning has become a massive head ache and temperature!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I mean, it's about time we had a few more N-E hunting nights again...

*nods* indeed it is. :D

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Ooooh. Well, I'm up for that this Friday or Saturday.

And seeing as I'm now in a position where I can join in with some Monster Hunting on a Friday or Saturday, count me in as well. :smile:

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:29 PM, S.C.G said:

And seeing as I'm now in a position where I can join in with some Monster Hunting on a Friday or Saturday, count me in as well. :smile:*nods* indeed it is. :D

How about 8pm tonight? @Ugh first aid is free then.

I'll mention @Kaepora_Gaebora as well.

27 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

How about 8pm tonight? @Ugh first aid is free then.

I'll mention @Kaepora_Gaebora as well.

8pm tonight it is then. :D

*sharpens Dual-Blades and stocks up on Mega Potions*

1 minute ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Can't make tonight, next time likely Tuesday or Wednesday for me, good hunting tonight though all 👍

That's cool.

@RedShell, how about you?

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

That's cool.

@RedShell, how about you?

Sure, I could do with taking a break from Pokémon. :hehe: Hopefully I remember how to hunt. :D 

• Like 1

Thanks for the hunts @Glen-i @Ugh first aid and @RedShell I think we did really well tonight and it was a lot of fun. :D

Cheers for the tips and for helping me get some of those G4 and G5 tickets, my defence has gone up a fair bit now it would seem. :)

Those new Dual Blades are pretty handy as well, really noticing the difference in power. :peace:

N-E Monster Hunter nights are now Fridays at 8PM then it would seem. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1