NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

I shall heed the call of the N-E Brotherhood! :D

8:00PM? or 8:30PM?

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Depends on the time. When did you have in mind?

8pm work for you with Glen and Sam? 

Living in a parallel universe at the moment, was playing this earlier while my girlfriend was napping, she woke up to see me playing it...

Some three hours later she's just bought and started a go on World's on her PS4 while I'm playing Generations on my Switch! 

Looks like I'll be starting back up with Worlds on the PS4 now as well...

• Haha 1

I can hunt from around 8pm. 

Let me know if a space opens up and you need cat assistance. :heh: 

Edited by RedShell

2 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

8pm work for you with Glen and Sam? 

Living in a parallel universe at the moment, was playing this earlier while my girlfriend was napping, she woke up to see me playing it...

Some three hours later she's just bought and started a go on World's on her PS4 while I'm playing Generations on my Switch! 

Looks like I'll be starting back up with Worlds on the PS4 now as well...

Yeah, 8pm is fine.

@Dcubed are you about as well? Now we've got 5 of us at 8pm, could do two teams of three each if you can play too ... Or anyone else for that matter? 

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

I can hunt from around 8pm. 

Let me know if a space opens up and you need cat assistance. :heh: 

You can swap with me if you want. I'm only on until 9pm anyway. 

• Thanks 1

Very productive evening for me, for the full Ahtal set now and got some decent skills on it with decorations; speed sharpening and sheathing which is needed with my Lance.

Next I just need to do some hyper quests and a few other specific ones to get the upgrade materials for it all now!

Thanks for the hunts this evening everyone!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Very productive evening for me, for the full Ahtal set now and got some decent skills on it with decorations; speed sharpening and sheathing which is needed with my Lance.

Next I just need to do some hyper quests and a few other specific ones to get the upgrade materials for it all now!

Thanks for the hunts this evening everyone!

The Neset set is remarkable in it's versatility, combined with that silly looking lance you have, you have a whopping 15 slots to work with (more if you have some slots on your talisman)
There are two things to keep in mind when deciding what skills to put on it.

1. You need less skill points to activate a skill
  2. Skill points from your talisman are doubled

That first point basically means you need 2 less points to activate a skill. So take Speed Sharpening. Normally, you need 10 points in Sharpener to activate it, but with that set, you only need 8. Keep that in mind when you use decorations.

The second point is what elevates this set to greatness. Double talismans apply to everything on it, even any decorations put in the slots. So if you have any talismans with a +4 in skills, consider using it, because the +4 is doubled to +8 which then automatically gets the extra 2 skill points to bring it to +10. Even better if it has empty slots. With the right talisman, you can get some amazing setups. For example, I have Speed Sharpening, Wide-Range +2, Razor Sharp and Blightproof. Meanwhile, @Ugh first aid has opted for Sharpness +2, Speed Sharpening, Blightproof and Dragon Res + 20. It's well worth looking through your talismans, experimenting with what you can get using that double talisman boost. You can definitely do better than 2 skills, that's for sure.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Will you be doing your usual Tuesday night hunting tonight, @Kaepora_Gaebora

Not sure, is the quick answer! 

I'd likely say not this evening, if I am it will probably be a bit later than usual; if I am I'll tag in here though to let you know 😊

1 minute ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I'd likely say not this evening, if I am it will probably be a bit later than usual; if I am I'll tag in here though to let you know 😊

No probs. I just like to know ahead of time so I can sort out my evening/gaming schedule. :D 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

No probs. I just like to know ahead of time so I can sort out my evening/gaming schedule. :D 

Haha well I didn't want to presume but I was going to say I'd plan to play something else if I was you, unless any other hunters are on for definite tonight! 

2 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Haha well I didn't want to presume but I was going to say I'd plan to play something else if I was you, unless any other hunters are on for definite tonight! 

Yeah, that will be the plan. :peace:

2 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Well, I am. If you do end up jumping online.

My lady has just fired up monster hunter world so once I've got my son off to sleep I could be online tonight after all; I'll post and tag in here if so and when!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Right going to come on for abit

Will set a room up and wait, happy to take it in turns tonight, I'm going to be going for hunter VI or something like that it's called!

Only just seen this, but I can jump on for a bit if anyone's still playing?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Only just seen this, but I can jump on for a bit if anyone's still playing?

Me and @RedShell are still on

Thanks for the hunts tonight chaps; got three of the five hyper hunter VI tickets I needed, and now all three sets of armour maxed out, two more then I can focus on the weapon upgrades too, alot more Ahtal fights on the cards I think...

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Thanks for the hunts tonight chaps; got three of the five hyper hunter VI tickets I needed, and now all three sets of armour maxed out, two more then I can focus on the weapon upgrades too, alot more Ahtal fights on the cards I think...

That's all well and good, but you need to edit your automatic shout-outs to anything else.

Default shout-outs are booorrrrring!

• Haha 1