NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

7 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Anyone about for a hunt tomorrow morning? I could do 9:30am til about 11, get those two last quests done and even I could be up for letting someone else pick a quest once in a while...

I'll try to be available then. I'll give you a heads up tomorrow morning if I can.

As for tonight, thanks for the hunts @RedShell and @S.C.G I've finished all the prowler quests now and we're one step closer to getting that Boltreaver armour done.

One thing to note S.C.G. That armour is great for Dual Blades, but the one downside is that it doesn't have any slots, so Talismans are the only way to get extra skills on it. Your old talisman won't really do anything anymore.

It might be worth looking through your talismans and seeing if there's any way you can get a skill to 10 points with empty slots and such. You must have at least one that can be helpful by this point.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'll try to be available then. I'll give you a heads up tomorrow morning if I can.

Here's that heads-up @Kaepora_Gaebora, I'm available to play at 9:30.

• Like 1

Right @Glen-i and anyone else who wants to play, about to open a room, I'll leave it on password excluding friends but if it's just is two Glen I'll open it up!

One thing about that last urgent quest @Kaepora_Gaebora.

I don't know if you noticed, but when you knock the big guy over, you can mine each of the legs for a ridculous amount of high rank talismans.

Anyway, congrats on unlocking your HR. I'd recommend focusing on building the Neset armour set, it's a great piece of kit, something that @RedShell, @Ugh first aid, @Hero-of-Time and I can attest to.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

One thing about that last urgent quest @Kaepora_Gaebora.

I don't know if you noticed, but when you knock the big guy over, you can mine each of the legs for a ridculous amount of high rank talismans.

Anyway, congrats on unlocking your HR. I'd recommend focusing on building the Neset armour set, it's a great piece of kit, something that @RedShell, @Ugh first aid, @Hero-of-Time and I can attest to.

Thank you, and thanks for the help this morning, when I carted within minutes of our first quest and Noob009 abandoned quest, I didn't have high hopes...

Got the Ahtal's version of the mantle on the first fight, and had enough to make the Lance too which seems like a really good weapon to be getting on with! 

I'll try and do some farming of the beastie then, expect that quest to be spammed when it's my turn to pick on hunting nights...🙈

Now up to 755 defense on my ragtag set, will try and squeeze some solo quests in at some point when I can, haven't even touched special permits, prowler quests, hyper monsters...60 hours in and I'm finally ready to get on with it all (just you watch them announce a new MH game for Switch at E3...)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Thank you, and thanks for the help this morning, when I carted within minutes of our first quest and Noob009 abandoned quest, I didn't have high hopes...

That person sure lived up to their name. You redeemed yourself nicely on that quest.

• Thanks 1

These Hyper/Deviant monsters, are they only accessible through the special permits you get? 

Having done all solo quests in both 3 and 4, I presume it's worth me cracking on with solo quests in this one too, will it grant me access to more useful things like the previous games? 

Forgotten how easy it is to fire the game up and just spend an hour tinkering about with armour/decorations/trades etc without actually getting out on a hunt!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

These Hyper/Deviant monsters, are they only accessible through the special permits you get? 

Having done all solo quests in both 3 and 4, I presume it's worth me cracking on with solo quests in this one too, will it grant me access to more useful things like the previous games? 

Yep, Special Permits let you fight Deviant Monsters.

Hyper Monsters are unlocked by completing certain quests.

There are two good reasons to crack on with the solo quests. Both of them involve getting to 7 star village quests (Basically High Rank) and unlocking the laboratory.

The laboratory has two features in it, that I love. The first is Transmogrification. Effectively, it lets you change the appearance of armour to whatever you like. So you can have the skills of an armour set you like while looking like you have a different set on. It's how I can wear my particular get-up without getting creamed. Fashion Hunters are the most fun hunters after all.

For something more useful, there's also the Provision Division. Simply put, you can spend wycademy points to have items delivered to you during a quest. You might have noticed me randomly running off to pick up something that isn't there? That's me getting my provisions, you can have a wide variety of items delivered to you. From First-Aid Meds to Maps.

It saves me from so much Potion usage. I basically never resort to Mega Potions anymore.

You can also unlock that Talisman melding feature from MH4 along the way.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

The Special Permits thing is soooo stupid. I mean you use them to go on these quests, and then the retired StreetPass cat gives you them back again (along with loads of lifepowders etc.) so what's the point? :heh:

Anyway, I've really been getting back into this since our recent N-E hunting sessions, and I'm now looking to take on several of the Deviants. :D

My current hunting list:

Deadeye Yian Garuga
Redhelm Arzuros
Silverwind Nargacuga
Nightcloak Malfestio
Hellblade Glavenus

Technically I've hunted Hellblade already (from when I assisted @Glen-i) but apparently Capcom need you to spend those pointless permits yourself in order for it to count. :indeed:

• Thanks 1

I'd already managed to get up to the high rank Soaratorium part in SP before my relentless focus on getting to G Rank, so I'll try and chip away at some more of them to complete village quests 👍

Not sure I'll be on tonight, if I am it'll be very late, probably 9:30/10

• Thanks 1

I should have been at a stag do this evening; however due to a bit of an family emergency it looks like once my son is asleep I'm going to be armed with 6 bottles of beer and a Switch...anyone else on?

23 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I should have been at a stag do this evening; however due to a bit of an family emergency it looks like once my son is asleep I'm going to be armed with 6 bottles of beer and a Switch...anyone else on?

Sure, I'm free today.

What time are you thinking?

I might be able to join too.

Last time I played this I was testing out new Bomb/Heal type cats, so would be good to see how they perform online. :hehe: It turns out that the bomb cat can rival (or even surpass) boomerang cat for damage output, but it's a very tricky type to learn, not to mention use well, especially alongside other hunters. But I'm sure my N-E hunting companions won't mind the occasional explosive accident, right? :D

Anyway, let us know what time you're planning to hunt.

10 hours ago, RedShell said:

But I'm sure my N-E hunting companions won't mind the occasional explosive accident, right? :D

I dunno, @Kaepora_Gaebora might be a bit miffed.

• Haha 2

Just about to fire up the switch, still to have my dinner though so probably hunting in about 15mins? 

I'll likely try and farm the Ahtal when it's my turn, but happy to finally let other people pick quests for the first time...🙈

• Like 2

Great fun last night, plenty of daft moments with those bombs loitering around at any given moment 😂

For the most part now I think I just need Seltas Queen and Nersyclla parts to make the Ahtal set, in the first battle I got three of it's Gems 😎

Good to finally take on some hyper monsters as well! 

Thanks @Glen-i @S.C.G and @RedShell

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

For the most part now I think I just need Seltas Queen and Nersyclla parts to make the Ahtal set, in the first battle I got three of it's Gems 😎

Lucky git! You're basically halfway to maxing it out.

• Haha 2

Yeah suffice to say even I couldn't believe my luck, it's because I hadn't let the game know I was actively looking for them...

Glad you got that video of me sitting by the bombs, once I started doing that I said to myself only one thing is going to make me move from this...and there it was 😂

• Haha 2

I encountered a very cool cat online yesterday, literally. :hehe: A Prowler main who somehow had the Weakness Exploit skill! :o You know, the one that was supposed to be DLC, but Capcom decided to not release it because they're total dicks when it comes to the Switch and its userbase. :heh: Anyway, this person kindly sent over their Palico for me, so I too now have the elusive skill!

A random does what Capcom don't. :D

D7hZMQYUcAAT83B?format=jpg&name=small

No idea how this person got the skill, if it was transferred from a Japanese player (were the DLC did get released) or hacked, but I'm not fussed either way, just glad to finally have it myself. :) 

Took it for a test drive against some Special Permit monsters, and chunks were soon flying off them! :cool: Finally, my perfect hunting Prowlers are all powered up. Figured it'd be funny to test a maxed Prowler against something low rank too for a laugh, and it was. Don't even need to use my main attack/weapon, a couple of well aimed Mega Boomerangs is all it takes! :laughing:

In other hunting news, I have also managed to obtain the XX version weapon of Nightcloak Malfestio, this thing can have monsters falling asleep a lot which is then great for hitting them with 2x the power Mega Boomerangs or bombs to "wake them up". :grin:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I encountered a very cool cat online yesterday, literally. :hehe: A Prowler main who somehow had the Weakness Exploit skill! :o You know, the one that was supposed to be DLC, but Capcom decided to not release it because they're total dicks when it comes to the Switch and its userbase. :heh: Anyway, this person kindly sent over their Palico for me, so I too now have the elusive skill!

A random does what Capcom don't. :D

D7hZMQYUcAAT83B?format=jpg&name=small

No idea how this person got the skill, if it was transferred from a Japanese player (were the DLC did get released) or hacked, but I'm not fussed either way, just glad to finally have it myself. :) 

Took it for a test drive against some Special Permit monsters, and chunks were soon flying off them! :cool: Finally, my perfect hunting Prowlers are all powered up. Figured it'd be funny to test a maxed Prowler against something low rank too for a laugh, and it was. Don't even need to use my main attack/weapon, a couple of well aimed Mega Boomerangs is all it takes! :laughing:

In other hunting news, I have also managed to obtain the XX version weapon of Nightcloak Malfestio, this thing can have monsters falling asleep a lot which is then great for hitting them with 2x the power Mega Boomerangs or bombs to "wake them up". :grin:

I might have to ask you to send a prowler with that skill my way. I'm sure it'll be useful on some of my Felynes.

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I might have to ask you to send a prowler with that skill my way. I'm sure it'll be useful on some of my Felynes.

Sure thing, will send it your way next time we hunt. :)

There is one downside to finally having this skill for me though that I forgot to mention before, and that's having to lose Earplugs (in most cases) to be able to use it. I've gotten so used to that skill and not having to worry about monster roars for such a long time now, that suddenly having roars be a threat again is kind of annoying. Need to practice blocking/dodging them really. :hmm:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

There is one downside to finally having this skill for me though that I forgot to mention before, and that's having to lose Earplugs (in most cases) to be able to use it. I've gotten so used to that skill and not having to worry about monster roars for such a long time now, that suddenly having roars be a threat again is kind of annoying. Need to practice blocking/dodging them really. :hmm:

I'm kinda worried that I have the same problem with Adept style. I'm so conditioned to dodging roars and using them as opportunities to get some counter jump attacks in, that if a theoretical MH5 were to be released that dropped hunter styles for some reason (That'd be a real shame), I don't know what I would do...

• Thanks 1