NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

3 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Thank you for the invite young man; sadly I work Saturday evenings 😢

Looking likely I'll next be on on Tuesday night again I think at the earliest...

Ah, OK. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Perhaps Friday, I'll be able to play with you.

As for today, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, so the community centre is closed, so @S.C.G perhaps you'd want to join me for some hunts at around 3pm?

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Ah, OK. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Perhaps Friday, I'll be able to play with you.

As for today, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, so the community centre is closed, so @S.C.G perhaps you'd want to join me for some hunts at around 3pm?

I've got some time off for a change so I'd love to. :D 3PM then?

22 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I've got some time off for a change so I'd love to. :D 3PM then?

Just noticed this. Will open a room in around 10 minutes.

Gonna mention @RedShell as well, just in case.

EDIT: Room's open. I can play until 6:30

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Just noticed this. Will open a room in around 10 minutes.

Gonna mention @RedShell as well, just in case.

EDIT: Room's open. I can play until 6:30

Can jump on for a bit at around 5, if you’re still about.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Can jump on for a bit at around 5, if you’re still about.

We were with randoms so I've opened a new room now.

That was a good hunt afternoon. It's always satisfying when you run into a random person who not only is really good, but also has custom shout-outs.

Hopefully, @S.C.G can get that Boltreaver armour upgraded to the point where it's stronger than 719 defense.

Don't forget those Dual Blades as well. It's called "Twin Reaver" and it can get to 280 attack with 40% affinity and 15 thunder when maxed, which is ridiculous for the crit build the armour provides.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Oh, and of course, obligatory highlights.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

What did you think of my heal cat, Hannibal? Useful engine? :hehe: 

I’ve actually got Lv.99 cats of all the different types (in some cases even multiple of the same type, like Grabby Jr. :heh:) so yeah, I should probably make use of them. :D It’s a bit weird though, as I’m so used to Grabby.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedShell said:

What did you think of my heal cat, Hannibal? Useful engine? :hehe: 

That health horn is ridiculous! I love it! But I'm afraid @Ugh first aid is the expert on engines.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That health horn is ridiculous! I love it!

Yeah, it charges up pretty fast as well. :cool:  Obviously damage output is severely limited compared to gathering cat, but when we’re hunting tougher monsters (and getting killed more often in the process :heh:) it probably makes sense for me to stick with heal type and take on more of a support role.

I am a complete sitting duck with that cat though, no evasive moves in order to have all of the horns available. But True Health Horn is so effective that it seems like I can keep myself alive too... just about. :hehe: 

I'm thinking around 2pm ish myself...I'll post in here when I'm heading on and setting up a room if anyone is about...

Also shows how much I've been following Nintendo stuff recently, can we voice chat via the app on this, or is it still game specific?

6 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I'm thinking around 2pm ish myself...I'll post in here when I'm heading on and setting up a room if anyone is about...

Also shows how much I've been following Nintendo stuff recently, can we voice chat via the app on this, or is it still game specific?

It's still a piece of junk and game specific.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I'll be kicking about. Just name a time.

Firing up now, I'll set up a room with the password 1243 again, can play til about 4 or so, wouldn't mind doing the Diabolos urgent first to get me on g rank then up for doing different ones ...albeit with lower defence etc!

Just now, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Firing up now, I'll set up a room with the password 1243 again, can play til about 4 or so, wouldn't mind doing the Diabolos urgent first to get me on g rank then up for doing different ones ...albeit with lower defence etc!

It looks like there's only the two of us so you may as well have an open room for randoms to join us.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It looks like there's only the two of us so you may as well have an open room for randoms to join us.

Good shout will do, setting up again now 

Perfect few hours of hunting, thank you @Hero-of-Time 😀

Nothing too comical happened, it was just relentless destruction of monster after monster! I did get a nice video of us synchronised jumping off of a raised bit to take down the Diabolos, thought we did well against that considering I've been fudging my way up with pretty weak defence and attack stats.

It'll get to the point where I need to sort my armour out and start grinding a particular monster, got a Rath Mantle so that might be a decent place to start...

Not sure I will be on tomorrow evening now but I'll post again if I am, get the NE Avengers back together!

No problem. Happy to help.

Yeah, we fairly blitzed through a bunch of quests. The next step is to get you a higher rank armour set so you can absorb more damage.

5 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Good shout will do, setting up again now 

Here are some tips for the future. When you're in the hub and are the host of a room, you can actually edit the settings of the room without making a new one.

Open your menu and select "Wireless Settings", (I think it's called that, it's the top option on the second page) then "Hub Settings" Then you can edit the settings at your leisure.

This way, you can open a room with a password and once your friends have joined, you can remove the password and let randoms fill up the empty spaces.

Speaking of passwords, you may have noticed an option called "exclude friends". What this means is that your friends don't have to input the password, but everyone else does.

Anyway, if you're ever up for hunting on Thursday (not during Thursday evening though) to Saturday, I'll join in.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Here are some tips for the future. When you're in the hub and are the host of a room, you can actually edit the settings of the room without making a new one.

Open your menu and select "Wireless Settings", (I think it's called that, it's the top option on the second page) then "Hub Settings" Then you can edit the settings at your leisure.

This way, you can open a room with a password and once your friends have joined, you can remove the password and let randoms fill up the empty spaces.

Speaking of passwords, you may have noticed an option called "exclude friends". What this means is that your friends don't have to input the password, but everyone else does.

Anyway, if you're ever up for hunting on Thursday (not during Thursday evening though) to Saturday, I'll join in.

My friend's will always have to input passwords (make of that what you will...)

Thanks for tips! Completely been winging Generations these last few weeks, after 400 odd hours on MH3U and just under that on 4, I do know what I'm doing...I've just jumped far too many steps ahead compared to where my armour/weapons are at this point! 

If I'm on at those times I'll definitely let you know :)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

@Hero-of-Time @RedShell @S.C.G @Glen-i 

Hopefully should be on at some point this evening if anyone fancies answering the horn, I probably should focus on farming a monster...but there aren't many key quests left for me to break through the ranking....

Yeah, I should be available. Just name a time and i'll jump on.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

@Hero-of-Time @RedShell @S.C.G @Glen-i 

Hopefully should be on at some point this evening if anyone fancies answering the horn, I probably should focus on farming a monster...but there aren't many key quests left for me to break through the ranking....

Sorry, not available on Tuesdays. Have fun.