NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

1 minute ago, Mokong said:

Will be online in few mins, just making a cuppa tea :)

CALL TO ARMS: Help get me past HR12!

Redshell and myself already on of anyone else about

Give me a sec and I'll join you.

• Thanks 1

Cheers @redshell and @hero-of-time for the help. Jumped up to HR63 once limit was broke :)

That last Urgent was something else. When first started and saw him was thinking "hhmmm kinda small for all the fuss made over him"

Then he started swinging large objects around and was like "haha ok maybe this is what makes him different so"

I then noticed the balistas and cannons and started running round map to find where gather spots were... When couldn't find turned around and saw a giant robot dragon and was like WHERE THE FRAK THAT COME FROM!!!!!

After got over initial shock I was then so upset at lack of voice chat that you guys couldn't hear me and also that I had no custom text suitable for the moment so just used the present "I'm outta here" haha

Hopefully will be on again over weekend, probably evenings as working this weekend. I am 2 items away from building his Switchaxe... Little disappointed has no element or status effect but attack power is huge and gives +60 extra defence...I def want that haha.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mokong said:

Cheers @redshell and @hero-of-time for the help. Jumped up to HR63 once limit was broke :)

That last Urgent was something else. When first started and saw him was thinking "hhmmm kinda small for all the fuss made over him"

Then he started swinging large objects around and was like "haha ok maybe this is what makes him different so"

I then noticed the balistas and cannons and started running round map to find where gather spots were... When couldn't find turned around and saw a giant robot dragon and was like WHERE THE FRAK THAT COME FROM!!!!!

After got over initial shock I was then so upset at lack of voice chat that you guys couldn't hear me and also that I had no custom text suitable for the moment so just used the present "I'm outta here" haha

Hopefully will be on again over weekend, probably evenings as working this weekend. I am 2 items away from building his Switchaxe... Little disappointed has no element or status effect but attack power is huge and gives +60 extra defence...I def want that haha.

3 slots too. Which is always nice.

It's a great fight. I've done it well over 30 times now and I still enjoy it.

Good thing too, because the armour is an amazing set that's remarkably flexible. It's pretty much able to fill any role you want. Well, unless you're fighting something that uses electric... It's Resistance isn't all that for electric.

But then again, you could just gem it on, it's that easy.

I managed to get Blightproof, Speed Sharpener, Wide Range +2, Sharpness +1 and Divine Protection on it. Which is bonkers!

• Thanks 2

Anyone hunting later?

I'm playing the solo mode for a bit first but will probably pop online round 8 or 8:30 maybe to farm some Ahtal-Ka...or if anyone is looking for help with something else I think I got equipment of sufficient level that I can actually be of help now haha

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Anyone hunting later?

I'm playing the solo mode for a bit first but will probably pop online round 8 or 8:30 maybe to farm some Ahtal-Ka...or if anyone is looking for help with something else I think I got equipment of sufficient level that I can actually be of help now haha

Sure, I'll join you at around 8:30PM for a bit. :)

Cool, I online now anyway, in open city at moment....looking at what items I need for Nesset armour seems I need all the non-Ahkal-ta parts so might try get some of those.

Also need to unlock Transmog but I believe that is offline stuff

10 hours ago, Mokong said:

Cool, I online now anyway, in open city at moment....looking at what items I need for Nesset armour seems I need all the non-Ahkal-ta parts so might try get some of those.

Also need to unlock Transmog but I believe that is offline stuff

I believe you need to get to 8 star Village quests to unlock the place where you get Transmog. (And Provision Divisions)

• Thanks 1

Played offline earlier, finished off Neset set, just have to go looking for a couple of bugs to finish last few parts.

Got 3 out 5 parts upgraded to Max, will need to do a bit more Ahtal-Ka farming for Gems and also need some Hyore Hunter VI tickets to Max out last two parts.

Started getting to work on more Village keyquests, up to 7star now, got most keys done I think now.

Got Lab open but still can't Transmog...from what I can find out I actually need to complete the 9star urgent to unlock it...so bit of a ways to go :p

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Anyone up for some hunts at around 9? Maybe 9:15?

Just try and stop me! :D

Watch out all Astalos in the vicinity of my Dual Blades. ;)

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Anyone up for some hunts at around 9? Maybe 9:15?

*raises paw* :D 

OK, gonna open a room, but I'm eating a meal at the mo, so won't be playing quite yet.

So you two do some stuff while that's happening.

Been playing offline last few days trying to power through solo game to unlock Transmog...up to 9star...almost there.

Might play online tonight though to try Max out my Neset set.

• Thanks 1

Ok so I’ve been trying to complete some more of the awards on guild card recently, and one that should be really straightforward (for doing all the item combos) has been proving to be quite tricky due to not being able to find any bloody throwing knives. :hehe: 

They would always seem appear in some of the item boxes before I was actually looking for them :indeed: but now they seem to have disappeared from my game completely! 

Anyone know of a quest where they’re guaranteed to show up?   

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Ok so I’ve been trying to complete some more of the awards on guild card recently, and one that should be really straightforward (for doing all the item combos) has been proving to be quite tricky due to not being able to find any bloody throwing knives. :hehe: 

They would always seem appear in some of the item boxes before I was actually looking for them :indeed: but now they seem to have disappeared from my game completely! 

Anyone know of a quest where they’re guaranteed to show up?   

Go to Low rank J.Frontier. Area 5. Look in the supply boxes on the floor. You might have to repeat it a few times. Don't forget to bring what you need to combine with it.

Thankfully, you only need to do the combinations you could do in the 3DS version to get the award.

EDIT: Oh, BTW @Mokong. If you do decide to go online, give me a shout. Gotta get in some N-E hunting while I have the free time.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Bit late but gonna pop on now for a bit online, bit of Ahtal-Ka maybe plus need to try get some Hyper Hunter VI tickets to Max out armour.

Done fair bit more on offline but starting to get an itch for wanting to not hunt alone :p

1 minute ago, Mokong said:

Bit late but gonna pop on now for a bit online, bit of Ahtal-Ka maybe plus need to try get some Hyper Hunter VI tickets to Max out armour.

Done fair bit more on offline but starting to get an itch for wanting to not hunt alone :p

OK, give me 10 minutes.

K just doin an Ahtal with randoms make a pub when you are on I'll join after

• Like 1

Unfortunate disconnect there, @Mokong But it was a fun night of hunting. Thanks in particular for helping me knock off a few arena quests with your axe skillz.

I'm done for now, but I'm available tomorrow if you still need gems of which I got a second in that last quest.

• Thanks 1

Lol, that DC was harsh....I still continued to try do it Solo, got old Ahtal down to last phase but he fainted me 3 times....when no other hunters or palicos to take his attention it was constant trying not get hit....which didn't go well haha

3 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Lol, that DC was harsh....I still continued to try do it Solo, got old Ahtal down to last phase but he fainted me 3 times....when no other hunters or palicos to take his attention it was constant trying not get hit....which didn't go well haha

That's a shame. Well, I'll be happy to help again tomorrow.

Hey @RedShell This might be of interest to you.

Nothing special seems to have happened. No award or anything like that... I hope 99999 isn't actually the last step...

• Weird 1

Woohoo, finally unlocked Transmog.

It unlocked in 9star when I unlocked the quest "Airship Upgrade: Barioth"

Had enough coins to get all the fusion items needed and transmogged my Neset armour (still need 1 more gem to Max it out too) with my Biker Amour :)

Unfortunately may not be able get online till Tuesday evening so it could be a few days before can show it off

Till then

https://twitter.com/MokongX3M/status/1056277032894525440?s=09

• Like 2

Anyone hunting tonight?

I just trying finish off a few weapon upgrades and might try a few Event Quests, starting with Zelda gear :)

And of course happy to help others with yet hunts :)

I could join you for a bit from around 8:30PM or so if that's any good to you? :)

I've just realised that I haven't really played Monster Hunter for just over two weeks! :shakehead

Wasn't there an update for the game recently as well? I'm guessing... more dlc quests etc I hope. :D

No worries, I online now, so just join me when you get on or send an invite if I in full pub.
And yeah some new DLC quests are ready for download, I got them not tried them yet...can give a few a go later when you get on :)

In other new just upgraded my Barioth Switchaxe to level 4, Amber Permafrost. Noticed it still has an upgrade path but onto a different weapon branch so to speak as it would go to a level 1, Galefrost...but doing so would actually weaken it on me :p, it would have same attack power, 290, but Ice damage drops from 40 to 15 and it loses a Deco slot going from 2 to 1...and it's Max sharpness goes from purple to blue....

What kind of upgrade is that????

I checked online to see what the Galefrost ends up with maxed out and only it's power increases...ice damage only goes to 20 and Max sharpness only white.

Think I'll consider it maxed where it is :p

• Thanks 1