NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

11 hours ago, Mokong said:

Also how do I get Hyper Monster quests, I have a few things to upgrade that need Hyper parts but I don't seem to have the quests?

You might already know by now, but Hyper Monsters can be found in 6 and 7 star quests.

G Rank ones are found in G3 and G4.

• Thanks 2

Are they specific quests like "Hunt a Hyper Rathalos" or are they quests where a normal say Rathalos becomes Hyper under certain conditions?

(Not played MH4, Hyper monsters all new to me)

Also anyone up for some G3 hunts....Astalos G Rank? Maybe another Lao Shan Lung? :)

3 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Are they specific quests like "Hunt a Hyper Rathalos" or are they quests where a normal say Rathalos becomes Hyper under certain conditions?

Specific quests. Hyper Monsters are depicted on the Quest information by 8 yellow triangles around their image.

I should also point out that you have to get to the rank above where it is to unlock it.

For example, to unlock the G3 hyper quests, you need to complete the urgent that gets you to G4.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

Anyone up for some hunts? Possibly some Astalos farming? @s.c.g *wink*

17 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Anyone up for some hunts? Possibly some Astalos farming? @s.c.g *wink*

Sure, I just finished testing out the Taiko no Tatsujin demo but now I'm ready to hunt for a bit. :D

• Thanks 1

Anyone hunting this evening? Will be on from about 8pm

If possible might try do some Special Permit monsters (unless you guys think I not yet ready?...are they higher than G Rank Hyper I'm assuming?) there an armour set I'm looking at that seems to need parts from different permit monsters.

Else might just knock off a few G4 Keys

Cheers for the help tonight @redshell

Those Deviants weren't as bad as I expected, easier than Hypers anyway.

Was funny when that 1st Nightcloak kept avoiding the traps, I thought we'd never get him haha.

Got Helm and Chest of Strange X set built, looks like next few parts will need some High Rank parts as well as some other Deviant parts.

Might try finish that set another time, if I am on tomorrow evening will try work through my G4 keys. Got one out of way with some randoms after you left.

Least finding a Key Quest Hub is easy enough, weird how it harder to find farming hubs for specific monsters.

I remember in 3 and 3U could always find a monster farm group even for weaker monsters like Royal Ludroth :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mokong said:

Least finding a Key Quest Hub is easy enough, weird how it harder to find farming hubs for specific monsters.

I remember in 3 and 3U could always find a monster farm group even for weaker monsters like Royal Ludroth :p

Yeah, as much as I love having over 100 monsters in one game. It does make starting a group to fight something not elder dragon-y (actual word, shut up!) pretty difficult.

I've taken to just starting a round robin room and having people help me with whatever, then helping them with what they want.

8 hours ago, Mokong said:

Was funny when that 1st Nightcloak kept avoiding the traps, I thought we'd never get him haha.

Oh man, that was too funny! :laughing: I’ve never seen a monster so reluctant to go in a trap before, would’ve captured a video, but 30 seconds is nowhere long enough. Seriously, it must have been a good few minutes that we were frantically running around, trying to lure that thing towards the trap! :D 

32 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, as much as I love having over 100 monsters in one game. It does make starting a group to fight something not elder dragon-y (actual word, shut up!) pretty difficult.

I've taken to just starting a round robin room and having people help me with whatever, then helping them with what they want.

I ended up doing most of my Deadeye Garuga farming solo in the end because of this. Setup a specific hub on several occasions, but never got anyone joining. :hmm:

Took a bit longer obviously, but I finally got the XX gear for my Prowler. :cool: It seems I’m unable to transmog it though. Apparently there’s an additional unlock involved for that, but I’ve not been able to find anything about it online. Any idea? ::shrug:

9 hours ago, RedShell said:

Took a bit longer obviously, but I finally got the XX gear for my Prowler. :cool: It seems I’m unable to transmog it though. Apparently there’s an additional unlock involved for that, but I’ve not been able to find anything about it online. Any idea? ::shrug:

If you've done all 15 Quests for a deviant monster, you should have unlocked an EX quest. Beat that and you can Transmog with that armour set. If I'm informed right, you also get a small crown next to your name, you big show-off you.

Good bloody luck though! I got taken on a Thunderbird Zinogre one once. The group lasted about 3 minutes.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you've done all 15 Quests for a deviant monster, you should have unlocked an EX quest. Beat that and you can Transmog with that armour set. If I'm informed right, you also get a small crown next to your name, you big show-off you.

Good bloody luck though! I got taken on a Thunderbird Zinogre one once. The group lasted about 3 minutes.

Ah. :heh: 

Yeah, that’s probably not gonna happen then. :grin: Cheers for the info though.

And I here I am chuffed to have got to HR5 just by fighting with randoms! 

Hopefully I'll catch up with everyone soon (at some point) so I can crack on with some of these more advanced quests; loving this game at the moment though, it's just what I've needed to get me back into the games sphere even if I am going at a snails pace!

• Like 2

On 15/10/2018 at 10:50 PM, Mokong said:

That's because the online system has been borked ever since they started releasing the games on 3DS. If you look at the older games you could see all the servers/games that were being hosted and choose from them. In the games on the 3DS, as well as this one, when you search for a type of quest it appears you only get a tiny sample of what is on offer. It's like the game put's you in a certain pool and then you are stuck looking in that section.

Monster Hunter World gets around this by using the SOS system. It's a fantastic addition and one that I hope is present if or when they do make another MH game for the Switch.

• Thanks 1

Yes I remember on 3 being able to choose Servers then city within server.
It was great, you could even see all the hubs that were full and could wait a few mins to see if someone dropped out I think.

Also I should be on later if anyone is around :)

Might try go for some more Deviants or some G4 keys

Woohoo, managed to find a Deviant Turns Hub tonight and got last parts needed to finish Strange X set...+5 res for all Fire, Water, Ice and Thunder and +15 res for Dragon....I'll never have to worry about elements again haha.

The skills for it though are geared towards Hunting Horn...so had to build one of those....I used Horn a bit in 3U so shouldn't take too long to get get used to it again

• Like 1

I've had a few attempts at the G5 Deadeye quest now, can make it to the final Yian Garuga (which is absolutely massive! :laughing:) but always run out of time. The main problem with that quest is the Silverwind Nargacuga that appears in the early stages of the hunt, while you’re still dealing with the first Garuga. Seriously, at that point the quest becomes an absolute farce! You literally cannot go for more than a few seconds without getting hit by something, it’s borderline impossible. :heh: *Note to Capcom: if Nargacuga is offscreen (i.e. not visible to the player) then its projectile attacks shouldn’t cause damage, yeah?* ;) Absolutely evil. :grin: 

But by being cheesy, and farcasting back to base whenever I’m out of acorns to heal and get my Palicoes back, eventually the first Garuga goes down. Then taking out the Nargacuga becomes much more straightforward, as the final Garuga doesn’t appear until that dies. But yeah, by then there just isn’t enough time left. :hmm: 

It’s clearly a quest that is specifically designed for multiplayer, I believe the HP of monsters doesn’t scale in G Rank either. But because I’m so stubborn :hehe: and having gotten so close, I’ve got a feeling I’m going to keep trying to solo it. :D 

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Mokong said:

Woohoo, managed to find a Deviant Turns Hub tonight and got last parts needed to finish Strange X set...+5 res for all Fire, Water, Ice and Thunder and +15 res for Dragon....I'll never have to worry about elements again haha.

The skills for it though are geared towards Hunting Horn...so had to build one of those....I used Horn a bit in 3U so shouldn't take too long to get get used to it again

Sounds like a great set! :cool:

Are you back to doing key quests now then? I should be about tonight after MK, happy to help you out with those. I’d like to hunt alongside you for the G4 urgent too, that’s such an entertaining quest. :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yep I shall be doing some G4 Keys and hoping to do the Urgent too...hopefully be on round 8pm maybe bit earlier

55 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Yep I shall be doing some G4 Keys and hoping to do the Urgent too...hopefully be on round 8pm maybe bit earlier

Cool. I’ll be able to join you at around 9.

@S.C.G, you available for some post-MK hunting tonight?

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Cool. I’ll be able to join you at around 9.

@S.C.G, you available for some post-MK hunting tonight?

Sure, I've been a bit absent from Monster Hunter this week as I've been playing local multiplayer with my brother. (something which doesn't happen often enough these days)

But I'll likely be getting back into hunting semi-regularly for a bit now.

• Like 1

Cool, well I on now, while I wait for ye might try find a jho hub, forgot need a talon from him for the powertalon and armortalon

OK, pretty much ready to play, so let me know when you're both in the same hub @Mokong and @RedShell and I'll join you both for some hunts. :D

In the meantime, I shall brew some tea in preparation for the long hunt ahead. ;)

I should hopefully be on round 8 or 8:30, just waiting on kids to get tired :p

Also those last two key quests I was missing last night did unlock after we did the Diablos quest...and good new I seem to have one of them done already haha.

Must have done it with some randoms at some point.

I had a day off today so played a bit while kids were in school, managed to get a few Hyper hunts done and get last items needed to Max out all parts of my Strange X set, defence on it higher than my Rathian X set now :)

Also managed to get the G2 Boltreaver Astalos quest done to upgrade my Boltreaver Switchaxe (now need G3 parts...but G3 didn't unlock..I think cuz I didn't host the quest :p ). But bloody hell that was hard, 1 Faint Fail...took I think 3 attempts, I was worried the randoms I was with were gonna bail on me. Finally managed it on a 3 man hunt

• Like 1

Will be online in few mins, just making a cuppa tea :)

Will be online in few mins, just making a cuppa tea :)

CALL TO ARMS: Help get me past HR12!

Redshell and myself already on of anyone else about